[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a lot of alt. history World War II scenarios, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7121.jpg (44KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7121.jpg
44KB, 500x610px
There's a lot of alt. history World War II scenarios, but one I've never seen is: what would the war have looked like if The US was placed in Germany's position geographically, politically and objectives-wise.

Could they have conquered Europe? Could they have survived Russia's onslaught?
>>
File: Texas in Europe.jpg (3KB, 123x90px) Image search: [Google]
Texas in Europe.jpg
3KB, 123x90px
>>2240338
>There's a lot of alt. history World War II scenarios, but one I've never seen is: what would the war have looked like if The US was placed in Germany's position geographically, politically and objectives-wise.

You haven't seen it because the entire notion is retarded, and would require an enormous re-writing of world history.

In large part, because it's geographically ridiculous. Pic related. Trying to cram America in there, before you get to the rest of the cultural and diplomatic absurdity, would give any thinking person a headache.
>>
>>2240338

sorry for my stupid comment, but just to be clear...

If the US was literally Germany. With all the Same German Politics, and all the same German land features and such?
>>
>>2240345
>>2240347
Let me just rephrase the scenario
If geographical Germany had Americas capability(men, tech, command)
How would things have played out?
>>
I suppose Russia would've gotten nuked in 1945
>>
>>2240353
So basically an alt. history scenario if Germany had better military technology? Probably wouldn't turn out too different
>>
>>2240353

They would have captured Stalingrad briefly in 1943 and pushed another 35 kms further in the southern USSR, then would have been pushed back after a couple months and would surrendered on October 19, 1945.

Everything else would have been the same.
>>
>>2240347
Germanys problem was not tech or command related. It was manpower related, but their true issue was resources, oil in particular.
>>
>>2240710
>they had no oil

this is overly emphasised
if you read german military dairies (or books citing them), they rarely mention lack of fuel, or lack of anything

they mention it its scarce, or that supply is dodgy to get
but what they "whine" about is always how their infantry platoons consists of 15men 5 of which are chefs
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.