[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I missing the joke? I don't really know what Saxons are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1484093349252.jpg (91KB, 562x550px) Image search: [Google]
1484093349252.jpg
91KB, 562x550px
Am I missing the joke? I don't really know what Saxons are so can someone explain to me that too?

I think they're the historic British people who invaded or something but truly have no idea
>>
>>2234239
Don't get the meme, but Saxons were a Germanic people from northern Germany. They had enough restless excess youth who set forth and BTFO of Celtic-Brythonic people in the British Isles. Joke was on them, because not long after, Norman French people invaded and become top dogs. Saxons still had enough influence however, that they basically became the dominant language among the lower farming classes, and their language (mixed French and a bit of Latin, and to a much lesser extent Celtic languages) eventually came to dominate the isles. So they did have the last laugh in the end. English is a Germanic language, and it's thanks to the Saxons, along with their close cousins the Angles and Jutes.
>>
>>2234294
>Normans
>French

triggered

they wuz vikangz
>>
File: IMG_0115.jpg (226KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
226KB, 720x720px
>>2234239
The Saxons are the result of Germanic people capturing a Roman legion in a forest and then using those legionnaires as bull studs to breed their women and thus producing a super master race of man that eventually crossed the channel to culturally enrich the Britons. They succeeded but then they were btfo by the Norman Vikings.
>>
>>2234300
>they wuz vikangz

When they arrived in France maybe
But by 1066 they were definitly French
>>
>>2234495
So did the Saxon's cuck themselves?
>>
>>2234508
Oh god not this debate again, LindyBeige incomming
>>
File: adventus_saxonum.png (43KB, 311x143px) Image search: [Google]
adventus_saxonum.png
43KB, 311x143px
>>2234239
>>
>>2234294
also the current monarchy of the UK is from Saxon origin. (they were named House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha before they changed it to House of Windsor)
>>2234495
Romans were manlets, Germanics were tall and big. You can clearly see it in old roman armors and old german weapons.
>>
>>2236024
Saxons as an ancient people, and Saxony as a region which still exists in Germany are different things. The monarchy's Saxon origins are basically 'modern' German Saxons, not the ancient kind.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>2236036
I wonder where those modern Saxons came from.
>>
>>2234239
It's just a nonsensical shitpost, don't think about it too hard.
>>
>>2236168
Living in modern (Lower) Saxony myself right now, I think it's foolish to compare the populations too directly. If that's what you're getting at. The genepool has been pretty mixed up over the last 2000 years.

The modern German state of Saxony is a bit of a joke, since that area had nothing to do with Old Saxony.

The Saxon homeland corresponds to what is now mostly in Lower Saxony and a bit of Saxon-Anhalt, Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein. It is more of just a geographic descriptor.

Besides that, even the Queen's Saxon 'noble' blood is pretty fucking mixed with Slavs and Spaniards and god knows what else.
>>
>>2236024
>Romans were manlets, Germanics were tall and big. You can clearly see it in old roman armors and old german weapons.
while what this guy is saying may look like a Mank Deme, he is actually somewhat correct in that Romans were known to have said that the Roman used his body much more efficiently than the Germanic man, saying that they were excessively tall and couldn't ruck with a pack like a Roman could.

Look at a modern military today and you'll find that manlets actually do very well at just that.
>>
>>2236004
What's that from
>>
File: 1483407178245.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1483407178245.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>2238383
Truly civilized men have fine features and slim bodies, they look beautiful while acting brutally and logically.
>>
>>2234300

They describe themselves as French in their own charters
>>
>>2234239
The original version has jesus instead of a saxon.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170117-152407.png (1MB, 975x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170117-152407.png
1MB, 975x1274px
that "saxon" is an 11th century norse warrior, I've also seen him used as a saxon wojak, its kind of annoying because that helmet is definitely NOT saxon

pic related is a saxon
>>
>>2238469
the difference between Germanics in about ANYTHING was almost totally negligible in the Early Middle Ages
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.