[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he genuinely a bad guy or is his bad fame mostly misattributed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13

File: mussola.jpg (79KB, 480x605px) Image search: [Google]
mussola.jpg
79KB, 480x605px
Was he genuinely a bad guy or is his bad fame mostly misattributed to the fact that he was very close friends with Hitler?

To what extent did Mussolini really kill, torture, imprison and/or persecute groups within fascist Italy?

To what extent is his reputation thanks to his foreing policy and to what extent is it to his internal policy?
>>
>>2232230

both. He was a warmongering imperialist just like Hitler. He was a violent despotic dictator like Hitler. He conducted war in brutal underhanded ways like Hitler. He had brutal concentration camps for minority groups he hated like Hitler.

The guy was a piece of shit, but just not as bad as Hitler, so some revisionist are trying to make him a "not so bad" guy. I think its just teenagers who are growing out of stormfaggotry and realizing how horrible Hitler was, but they still want to hang onto fascism so they clutch onto Mussolini because they cant just admit they were wrong about it and were gullible enough to buy into 80+ year old bullshit propaganda.
>>
>>2232287
Cringe.
>>
File: 1480204217228.png (942KB, 529x761px) Image search: [Google]
1480204217228.png
942KB, 529x761px
>>2232368
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>2232374
>>
File: fascist italy 3.jpg (42KB, 420x640px) Image search: [Google]
fascist italy 3.jpg
42KB, 420x640px
>>2232368
Eh he is basically right about that the personality cult of Mussolini is hardly defendable today with his flattening of aethiopia with gas and all.
If he would have not expanded over italys borders people would have much more respect for him I guess.

Maybe in another scenario he could have been a not so bad guy as in Pinochet/Bashar-al-Assad-tier not so bad.
His movements had a toptier spirit and aesthethic though.
>>
>>2232406
>Bashar-al-Assad
>as bad
Seems like modern western propaganda really works on faggots.
I bet you believe in syrian """civil""" war too.
>>
>>2232420

Assad is bad you fucking teenage LARPer, the only reason anyone wants to keep him in power is because he will be the one most likely to keep the order/stop ISIS from taking over. Hes the lesser of two evils.

you faggots with your cowboys and indians worldview where everyone is "good" or "bad" is retarded.
>>
File: avtarchia.jpg (145KB, 556x612px) Image search: [Google]
avtarchia.jpg
145KB, 556x612px
>>2232420
I am pro Assad, but im not under the delusion that he is some kind of papa smurf.
>>
Well, as far as I know as an Italian, he was a great revolutionary (in the sense that he knew how to get and how to hold on to power), a decent theorethician, a passable dictator, a bad judge of character. He schooled every other autocrat of his time about the exercise of power.

And I say this as an anarchist.
>>
>>2232454
Syria is literally only happening because Assad/Russia didn't want to build the Qatar turkey pipeline

USA, ksa, and Qatar are literally the bad guys here they are funding ISIS and "moderate" rebels

kys
>>
>Muh good guys and muh bad guys

Are you a child?
>>
>>2232527
The only acceptable answer.
>>
>>2232454
>>2232406
>Comparing Assad with Pinochet
kys desu
>>
>>2232512

Pipelines likely played a role but they were by no means the largest factor in causing the war. Other major stuff was the Saudis and Qataris wanting to overthrow the Syrian gov. and install a salafist one, the Israelis wanting a Balkanized Syria so they could keep the Golan, Turkey wanting to install a muslim brotherhood gov, US neocons/neoliberals wanting to weaken Hezbollah, NATO wanting to destroy yet another pro-Russia's country, the problem of Syria being a semi-major oil/gas producer with little external debt and not beholden to World Bank/WTO/IMF etc etc.

It was a combination of all that stuff and more, it's dumb though to just say muh pipelines and it makes you look like you don't actually understand the situation well.

t. a longtime pro-Assad poster
>>
>>2232651
I have a lot more respect for Assad than Pinochet.
>>
>>2232512
>funding ISIS

no they arent. Stop being retarded.

This still doesnt change the fact that the Assad family are corrupt and shitty dictator
>>
File: 1483991145563.jpg (23KB, 534x516px) Image search: [Google]
1483991145563.jpg
23KB, 534x516px
>>2232512
>he actually fell for the Russian propaganda
>>
File: mussolini_skiing.jpg (160KB, 435x603px) Image search: [Google]
mussolini_skiing.jpg
160KB, 435x603px
Mussolini is sexy af, how can he be evil with a body like this ?
>>
>>2232666
>no they arent. Stop being retarded.

Not directly but there have been many cases of US-armed groups defecting with their arms to ISIS, the US arms people that militarily cooperate with Al-Nusra and European journalists who have traveled to Syria and interviewed militant leaders have come away saying most of the US-supplied arms are going to Nusra. US intell knows all this very well and the Obama administration has been fine with it so the arming and funding has continued despite these issues.

So even though the US isn't directly arming ISIS it is taking actions that it damn well knows will lead to Al-Nusra and likely ISIS fighters getting the weapons. Plus it has turned a blind eye toward Turkish/Saudi/Qatari funding of Nusra/ISIS.

The US is complicit in the arming of Al-Qaeda groups in Syria and Iraq even if it does not do it directly.

>>2232666
>Assad family are corrupt and shitty dictator

As opposed to a country like Saudi Arabia where the Royal family owns hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars of assets? Sure there was corruption in Syria just like almost every African, MENA and Latin American country.

Bashar was much better than other MENA dictators. What fucked Syria up pre-war was the drought caused by the Turkish Dam. Aside from that Bashar did a good job of managing the economy, everything was cheap, there was a large middle class.
>>
>>2232406
>Eh he is basically right about that the personality cult of Mussolini is hardly defendable today with his flattening of aethiopia with gas and all.
>Implying Ethiopians dont deserve to be gassed
>>
Anyone know where I can find the Fascist Menifesto in English?
>>
>>2232727
>Not directly but there have been many cases of US-armed groups defecting with their arms to ISIS

>group of thirty random fucks claim to be "fighting the power man!"

>military intelligence in all its wisdom notices them, while some even dumber politician decides to put aside funds for guns and bombs

>get together the highest level of tech to give to these guys

>they either sell it all immediately, or take it into one battle and surrender it all the moment one bullet wizzes by them

This has been going on since 2001 btw. If you watch any interview with a grunt soldier who had to work with these fucks, they all say the same thing. These are mostly apolitical poor peasants who figured out how to basically get free money out of the incompetence of the bureaucratic shithole that is neocon US foreign policy
>>
>>2232672
>actually fell for American propaganda
>>
File: IMG_0371.jpg (85KB, 864x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0371.jpg
85KB, 864x486px
>>2232420
Assad is literally worse than ISIS
>>
>>2232879
T.isis
>>
File: IMG_0372.jpg (61KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0372.jpg
61KB, 600x602px
>>2232512
>Syria is literally only happening because Assad/Russia didn't want to build the Qatar turkey pipeline

I can't believe that some people still believe in this retarded meme

>USA, ksa, and Qatar are literally the bad guys here they are funding ISIS

Pic related
>>
>>2232879
t. Hillary Clinton
>>
>>2232892
t. Assad
>>
>>2232454
Assad is genuinely good because he's protecting Syrian Christians against hordes of islamic US-funded goatfuckers. Not even talking about ISIS now, shit like Al Nusra which literally started out as a Levantine branch of Al Qaida ist just as bad.
>>
>>2232918
How exactly is Assad better than Al-Nusra?
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>2232879

>SNHR/SOHR

Those groups have been completely debunked. They don't provide any proof for any of their claims and rely on their "informants" who are just rebel/jihadi PR people who try to pass off fighters being killed in combat as civilians being killed.

>rebel/jihadi groups only killing ~7000 civilians between 2011 and 2015

TOP KEK
>>
>>2232926
By the virtue of not massacring Christian children.
>>
>>2232926
>jokes on them I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>2232934
As opposed to massacring Muslim children?
>>
>>2232879
I bet they could go and ask IS for the bodycount and get a reliable answer.
>>
>>2232940
I'll give him a pass, maybe he's an actual salafist. You'll find any kind of human garbage on imageboards these days.
>>
>>2232943
Proofs? Furthermore Christians > Muslims. Try not literally worshipping Satan.
>>
>>2232943
Yes.
Of course we symphatize more with the childred of a group that isnt completely backwards fuckers hostile to anyone that prays in a different direction.
Sunni areas in Syria are much more worse for women then in shia areas for example and its the sunni populous that housed and tolerated ISIS in their midst in the first place.
>>
>>2232953
This. Christian > Alawite > Shia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sunni
>>
>>2232953
>>2232955

It isn't black and white when it comes to the Sunnis, the Syrian military is majority Sunni and much of the Sunni pop. in Syria both pre-war and now support Assad. The anti-Assad people were poor uneducated Sunnis from the eastern rural areas where the Saudis had been funding Wahhabi mosques. Much of the educated and middle-class Sunni pop. in both Aleppo and Damascus support Assad.

>>2232943

That's not what the Syrian and Russian military are doing. They are protecting the vast majority (80+%) of Syria's population who live in Syrian gov.-controlled territory by attacking extremists who kill and exploit Syrian civilians. Just because a very small amount of retards decide to keep their family in the middle of a war zone does not mean they should be exempt from retaliation after launching mortars at civilians in gov.-controlled areas.
>>
>>2232230
my commie grandma told me that he basically wuz a good boy but he became Hitlers ally and everything after that has gotten worse
>>
File: merchantdetected.jpg (14KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
merchantdetected.jpg
14KB, 300x295px
>>2233587
>my commie grandma

Go figure.
>>
>>2232287
>implying the holocaust happened
>>
File: 1483947611965.gif (212KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1483947611965.gif
212KB, 501x585px
>>2232740
>Implying Ethiopians dont deserve to be gassed
They didn't want to lose again. Regardless, kill yourself faggot.
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 1500x2407px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1500x2407px
>>2234148
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.