[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /his/, tell me, who was more in the right in the war for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Yorktown.jpg (115KB, 734x567px) Image search: [Google]
Yorktown.jpg
115KB, 734x567px
Hey /his/, tell me, who was more in the right in the war for American Independence? Who was right, who was wrong? Was George III crazy?

>inb4 muh freedom
>>
>>2230657
All they had to do was give the colonies representation in parliament and the whole thing would have been avoided. There was support among the Whigs too, but the Tories fucked things up for everyone else.
>>
>>2230681
>ive the colonies representation in parliament
This is probably not true anon. Working right now on a film adaption of a book about the revolution so have been reading a lot about it, one book in particular (the one possibly being adapted) will give you an entire different picture on the revolution, at least in terms of the Boston area. These people were..well, for back a better word, hekll-riaisng thugs.
>>
>>2230691
The reason they raised hell in the first place was out of anger over parliaments refusal to provide them an outlet to vent their dissent
>>
>>2230691
(and no, not just some random idiot writing in my basement, it is my real job in care you thought that. I hope the film does get made, because people have this idea of the colonials as these very polite, organized, sort of...when, in actuality, everything in the archives (and as this book points out) shows that they were true hell-raisers who didn't want to pay and were in many ways spoiling for a fight. It's weird, and it's hard to capture the entire spirit into a 2-2.5 hour film, but we'll see.
>>
>>2230700

>it is my real job in care you thought that.

You can't even string a sentence together coherently.

GTFO you larping faggot
>>
>>2230700
ok what is the name of the book
>>
>>2230699
>er parliaments refusal to provide them an outlet to vent their dissent
Nah, that's the correct answer for "AP Us History," but having spent the past 6 months or so in the archives, it really doesn't hold up to scrutiny. I'm not..puting you down for not knowing this, I'm sure I don't know the details of your job either, but surprisingly that you find is many raising hell just sort of...essentially the tax stuff was just the excuse they were waiting for. They had just fought the French and Indian War, and it probably was a reasonable demand for the UK to expect colonies to help pay more for their own protection. Instead, when the stamp tax came out, they began to tar and feather people, drag them around m=naked in the snow...some of the stuff is actually really funny but a few for eh people who got this treatment lost limbs to frostbite.
but no, in reality it didn't have a whole lot to do with taxes, but for a few merchants who who gaming the system anyway.
>>
>>2230712
It's under contract, cannot give it. you can call me a larper, I don't care, I wouldn't not believe anything anyone says on here either. But the bastard just got another $750k to hold onto the rights for another year.
If I give name of the book, I'd be doxxing myself.
>>
>>2230705
>You can't even string a sentence together coherently.
yeah mate, it's called writing for the past 26 hours with only one break to call seamless. But, as I said, I'd not believe anyone on here either. I will say this-- if you think it's a fun job, you're wrong.
>>
>>2230716
>I wouldn't not
Double Nigger
>>
>>2230720

Double Nigger
>>2230721
>>
>>2230716
>Its real i swear
you are literally making up lies to impress strangers on the internet. Do you feel good about yourself?
>>
>>2230712
This Book Doesn't Exist by Anonymous
>>
>>2230736
lol, that would be a bit curious, wouldn't it? As a said, I wouldn't expect to be believed, but not going to give the guy's name or else will doxxed myself. He himself is sitting on his ass on Martha's vineyard collecting money because the study has already pid him off 2 extensions with the next one due end of March.

If I were going to lie about something, you can bet it would be more creative and exciting. But no, cannot show any poof because any photo or even mention of book goes around Instagram and I'm screwed.
So, you can believe I'm lying if you'd like.
>>
>>2230657
I never studied it, but the colonists seemed like huge hypocrites to me. They were of course racist fucks, that feared two things : the french (catholic) and Indians. The Brits had a long war to remove those threats and they started to get mad when they had to pay taxes.
The american revolution was also a civil War, between loyalists and independantists. Of course, this doesn't really fit the romanticized narrative taught in american schools.
France participation was decisive. At Yorktown, the Brits surrendered to Rochambeau. He acted independently when Washington wanted to take back New York.
This new country would then betray France, by refusing to pay its debt with the worst argument possible "we borrowed money from Louis XVI, not the republic"

Pretty much terrible.
>>
>>2230657
Both were wrong for different reasons. George should have given the colonists representation in parliament. The colonists should have paid their fucking taxes.
>>
>>2230657
>Was George III crazy?

yes. literally he was a crazy person that had to be sent to an insane asylum and put in a straight jacket
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.