[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, add more, I don't have enough autism to make it big.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

File: 1464067765741.jpg (181KB, 1836x2761px) Image search: [Google]
1464067765741.jpg
181KB, 1836x2761px
Guys, add more, I don't have enough autism to make it big.
Probably ceasar is necessary.
Also debate my choices, as they are very debatable, and great for discussion.
>>
>>2228395
Remove Stalin and FDR.
>>
>>2228395

>FDR

youre list is already shit. Replace him with Teddy if anything
>>
File: 1481083242315.jpg (412KB, 1836x2761px) Image search: [Google]
1481083242315.jpg
412KB, 1836x2761px
>>2228399
I think this only can be an official list
>>2228404
FDR made America actually relevant.
>>
>>2228408
I'd call FDR good. I wouldn't call him great.
>>
>>2228408
>FDR made America actually relevant.

No he didnt. That was literally Teddy. FDR did dick other than some shitty social programs that made the great depression go on longer and fall ass backwards into WW2, were he was cucked by Stalin at every turn because he was an idiot who thought "hurr hes a fellow leftist like me :)"

no one other than hardcore democrats consider FDR that great. Truman is better than him in every regard
>>
>>2228408
>Created empire
>It lasted less than 10 years
More like
>Chimped out
>>
>>2228427
So give me an example of a leader which created an empire which lasted thousands of years.
>>
>>2228408
america became relevant because of WW2, not because of FDR

and if anything it was truman that reaped most of the benefits
>>
>Napoleon
Took power into the largest populated nation in Europe, second only to Russia with a huge army
>FDR
The USA was already a major power. It only became a superpower because Britain, Russia and Germany were ruined by the war.

>Stalin
Agreed.
>>
>>2228408

Im guessing youre not american because FDR isnt nearly that great at all. Only the most die hard democrat party memebers think so.

best case scenario he was decent, but certainly doesnt deserve to be called "great" especially in terms of being handed shit and creating an empire
>>
File: Cromwell.gif (130KB, 435x443px) Image search: [Google]
Cromwell.gif
130KB, 435x443px
Undeniably Cromwell. Made England a major player in Europe again.
>>
>>2228395

my history husbanfu deserves to be on that list
>>
>>2228432
Not him but;
Romulus
Charlemagne
Cyrus the Great

They didn't last thousands of years, but these men have made some of the biggest impacts on the world.
>>
>>2228395
Philip II of Macedon
>>
File: lee.jpg (26KB, 427x429px) Image search: [Google]
lee.jpg
26KB, 427x429px
>>2228395
Definitely belongs in the top tier.
>>
File: Cyrus-the-Great.jpg (162KB, 650x758px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus-the-Great.jpg
162KB, 650x758px
>>2228432

too bad Islam ruined his empire
>>
>>2228445
>England a major player in Europe again.
How was England a major player under Cromwell?
>>
Im just going to speak for America

but Washington, Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower, John Adams, Jefferson, Truman, and Wilson are probably our greatest leaders
>>
Jesus Christ
>>
>>2228468
Not right after his succession to power, obviously, but he set it on the right track.
>>
>>2228395

Add Hitler.
>>
>>2228479
>truman
>good

jesus dude
>>
>>2228395
Turning a shithole into an empire isn't the only way to be a great leader, Anon.

Augustus took an already powerful Roman Republic and consolidated it into a mighty Empire. Other examples might be:
>Sargon the Great
>Ashurbanipal
>Nebuchadnezzar II
>Darius I
>Philip II
>Trajan
>Constantine
>Justinian I
>Charlemagne
>Kublai Khan
>Frederick the Great
>Peter the Great
>Louis XIV
>Bismark
>Meiji
>>
>>2228484
>>
>>2228479
>failed general
>enemy of states rights, can stay
>teddy can stay, mostly because of panama cannal
>ike a shit
>guess that someone was in the us navy
>can stay for buying louisiana
>was too soft on japan
>indecisive cunt that made ww1 last far longer than it would had if he hadn't been in power
>>
>>2228479
>Wilson
>Truman
Anon...
>>
>>2228513

>not liking ike

opinion trashed
>>
>>2228513
>failed general
>ike a shit
The rest I agree with
>>
File: Peter_the_Great.jpg (235KB, 894x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Peter_the_Great.jpg
235KB, 894x1200px
>>
File: 81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg (55KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg
55KB, 365x450px
>>
Louie XIV
>>
>>2228452
Romulus? He is fictional. I don't think you can attribute Rome's greatness to any one man anyway.
>>
File: contemporary-decorative-pillows.jpg (146KB, 612x582px) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-decorative-pillows.jpg
146KB, 612x582px
Childhood is idolizing Napoleon
Adulthood is realizing le Roi-Soleil shines brighter
>>
File: communication_sin300_37118315.jpg (297KB, 980x608px) Image search: [Google]
communication_sin300_37118315.jpg
297KB, 980x608px
>>
>>2228395
add stalin and lenin to the "started with an empire, turned to shit"
>>
>>2229278
>Stalin
>Started with an empire
>Turned it to shit

Get a load of this revisionist.
>>
>>2229260
Is he the one who made china a capitalist behemoth after realizing how retarded Maoism was?
>>
>>2228432
ROMA INVICTA
>>
File: into this container it goes.jpg (17KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
into this container it goes.jpg
17KB, 298x400px
>>2228424
t. butthurt Republican.

>shitty social programs that made the depression go on longer

Yeah, that explains why he kept getting reelected by crushing margins. But please, tell me how successful Hoover's policies were.

>cucked by Stalin at every turn

America emerged from WW2 as the strongest nation on Earth. Remember, we were the ONLY country to possess the atomic bomb. Compare that to the clusterfuck America was in back in 1932 and you'll see just how great a leader FDR was.

>>2228427
Chimped out? The Napoleonic wars were started by other European nations that wanted to destroy the French Revolution; Napoleon just did a better job of defending France (and spreading the revolution) than anyone else could have.
>>
>>2228395
>Stalin
>inherited shit
>left the country in shit
>USSR/WP had to endure De-Stalinization
>pact dissolves into shit within a few decades
lmao
>>
File: 1482866175043.jpg (134KB, 635x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482866175043.jpg
134KB, 635x480px
>>2228395
>started with shit
>>
>>2229991
>Chimped out? The Napoleonic wars were started by other European nations that wanted to destroy the French Revolution; Napoleon just did a better job of defending France (and spreading the revolution) than anyone else could have.
He chimped out in Italy,he chimped out against the Ottomans,he chimped out against Spain and he chimped out against Russia.This narrative that Napoleon was just defending the revolution is nonesense when he betrayed his allies and invaded a country because they just wanted to trade with Britain.
>>
File: based napoleon.jpg (109KB, 959x639px) Image search: [Google]
based napoleon.jpg
109KB, 959x639px
>>2231741
>He chimped out in Italy,he chimped out against the Ottomans
I guess winning tons of battles counts as chimping out in your opinion.

>He chimped out against Spain
The political situation gave every sign that invading would be a sensible move that would give France a better position is strategic terms. Things didn't turn out this way, but hindsight is always 20/20.

>He chimped out in Russia

He invaded because five coalitions had already been formed to attack France. Napoleon saw Russia forming up against him, so he decided to destroy them before they allied with Austria, Prussia, etc.
>>
>>2231773
>I guess winning tons of battles counts as chimping out in your opinion.
When their is no point in for those battles?
Pretty much.
>The political situation gave every sign that invading would be a sensible move that would give France a better position is strategic terms. Things didn't turn out this way, but hindsight is always 20/20.
>Invading your main ally
>Deposing a dinasty to put your drunk cousin
>Sensible move
>Giving France better strategic position
> He invaded because five coalitions had already been formed to attack France. Napoleon saw Russia forming up against him, so he decided to destroy them before they allied with Austria, Prussia, etc.
>It is safer to invade Russia and fight a 2 front war than waiting for a possible defensive war.
Napoleon was just overcompensating for being a manlet. He chimped out just admit it
>>
>>2228408
>FDR made America actually relevant
Monroe made America actually relevant.
>>
>>2228513
>ike a shit
Fucking Commie.
>>
>>2228395

I want this "FDR was bad" meme to go back to /pol/ and stay there.

>HIS PROGRAMS WERE BAD!

Said no one during his administration. His work was so universally lauded that he could pass fucking any god damn thing he wanted through the House and Senate. Remember, they were even working on a Economic Bill of Rights, just before he died. That's how much power this fucking guy had due to popular support.

>DUH WAR!

You mean the War, the War that through cooperation via public-private partnerships on such a scale that no one has ever come close to rivaling since, made America the singular World Power? You mean the same war, with again, PUBLIC-PRIVATE ENTERPRISE, allowed for such miracles as the construction of nearly 3 B-29's per day, Liberty Ships being built in under 70 fucking days, and oh right, the hundreds of vehicles being spat out per week?

If it was 1956 you fucks would be saying that this massive boondogle called the "Interstate Highway System" was going to tank the economy and offer no financial growth to any sectors effected by transportation.

Fuck off.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.