[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did homosexuality continue in Rome after the signing of the Edict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: le_current_year_emperor.jpg (67KB, 489x571px) Image search: [Google]
le_current_year_emperor.jpg
67KB, 489x571px
Did homosexuality continue in Rome after the signing of the Edict of Milan?

Did people even know how to read back then?
>>
>>2228170

I think it was too deeply engrained in the Italian and Greek culture, and the people too.
The further south you go in Europe the more gays you find. It's just their thing.
>>
Forgot to add
>inb4 fedoras say that the Roman empire no longer existed after 313
>>2228179
>sweden, germany
>straight
>>
>>2228170
>Did people even know how to read back then?
it wouldn't really matter as even illiterate peasants could learn about written laws and edicts from people paid by the government to read them
>>
>>2228170
How can you say this with a straight face is laughable considering nordcuck nation were the first to legalize homosexual unions and embrace homosexual deviance.
>>
>>2228183

Sweden is an isolated exception. Look at Finland, Norway, Denmark, Baltic countries, Russia, Scotland.
>>
>>2228170
The Edict of Milan only legalized Christianity, though it unofficially became the official religion during Constantine's life. But it took over a hundred years for the last vestiges of Pagan practices to stop.

So it is safe to assume there was still sodomy
>>
>>2228179
This poster is a jew/goon from the cripplechan board /leftypol/.
You can recognize him by his lies.
Homosexuality was heavily criticized in Greek and Italy, some people in command did it, and almost everyone of them got the damnatio memoriae
>>
>>2228215
>implying pagan holdouts didn't continue until the 10th century
>>
>>2228221
spotted the /pol/ falseflagging

>MUH NORDICK GREEKS WERE STAIGHT BLONDE AND WHIIIATATTTTEEEE
>>
>>2228230
we wuz aryan and shit
>>
>>2228230
I'm from /pol/, I'm not a nordic, and yes, they were straight. Homosexuality was never widely tolerated, faggots were hated and the depiction of them were simply shitposting made by people like us (for example when we call each other fags).
>>
>>2228248
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>2228253
Read Persius, Tacitus, Iuvenalis, Horace, the list goes on
>>
>>2228267
i don't read fag authors
>>
>>2228248
>>2228267
"alt" history
>>
>>2228279
>>2228279
>/his/ - History & Humanities
>>
>>2228179

>The further south you go in Europe the more gays you find

It's literally the opposite lol.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.