[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would have happened if Australia was never ever colonised?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5162.jpg (42KB, 608x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5162.jpg
42KB, 608x242px
What would have happened if Australia was never ever colonised? Would aborigines have eventually formed a modern civilisation??
>>
>>2221217
Oh yeah, totally, they were just about getting to inventing the wheel , but whitey showed up and cut down their intellectuals to keep their own ideas from getting drowned out by the more honest and goodnatured values held by these noble beasts.
>>
>>2221217
Probably, looking at some of the aquaculture. Problem is their max capacity was limited so how far they could've gotten is limited. I'm not a fan of Jared Diamond but you're retarded if you think any race of people would've been able to build a civilization in Australia with what the Abo's had available.
>>
>>2221217
Probably as a result of interaction with Indonesian traders in the top end, if they didn't decide to take parts of Aus for themselves first.
>>
>>2221224
How come none of the more advanced kingdoms and sultanates up north ever settled Australia? Did any parts of the Far East know about it outside of some stray traders?
>>
No abbos are incapable of even functioning in a civilization that other people built for them and handed to them on a silver platter. How the hell would they ever build a civilization for themselves?
>>
>>2221217
Never colonised? Then maybe. There is archeological evidence of Aboriginal people settling down, starting primitive argiculture/farming, etc, and certainly those in the north had long trade links with Indonesia.

Why it never developed earlier and/or further, well who the fuck knows?
>>
>>2221230
Well i guess australia isn't exactly prime real estate for a sedentary people, specially not the part closer to indonesia.
>>
>>2221222
>Oh yeah, totally, they were just about getting to inventing the wheel , but whitey showed up and cut down their intellectuals to keep their own ideas from getting drowned out by the more honest and goodnatured values held by these noble beasts.

I get being sarcastic about the aboriginals just about inventing cities out of nowhere. But using 'whitey' sarcastically like that sorta doesn't work in Australias case. Because, you know, whitey did do some fucked up shit there.
>>
All you need to answer your question definitively is a half hour's face to face conversation with a random abbo. No, no civilization would have ever arised from that distinguished and storied race, I'm afraid.
>>
>>2221230
There are traces of Aborigines trading with SE Asians from across the North of Australia.
There was simply no need when there was plenty of far more arable land available in the Indonesia archipelago.

>>2221246
>Aboriginal people settling down, starting primitive agriculture/farming
The fact that Banks and his fellow botanists said that the area surrounding Botany Bay was as well maintained as an English gentleman's park probably shows us the stage the Aborigines were at in that regard. It's a shame most people only meme about the dream time and the myth that Tasmanian aborigines forgot how to make fire. They claimed the same shit about American Indians.
>>
>>2221217
Probably like Papua New Guinea.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.