[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the Winged Hussars such an effective heavy cavalry even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Why were the Winged Hussars such an effective heavy cavalry even in the age of gunpowder?

How did they make mincemeat of Swedes and Russians with 90:1 KDRs?

How did their style still crush the Ottoman line in 1683 almost a century later?
>>
>>2220754
>How did they make mincemeat of Swedes and Russians with 90:1 KDRs?
Source?
>How did their style still crush the Ottoman line in 1683 almost a century later?
The Ottomans were attacked by many forces and the Hussars just dealt the finising blow
>Why were the Winged Hussars such an effective heavy cavalry even in the age of gunpowder?
Because gunpowder weapons back then took a while to reload and the Hussars wore plate armor meaning they could survive a shot
>>
>>2220922
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kircholm

80:1 here, higher against Russians.

The Hussars were the decisive moment in the Battle of Vienna. The Ottomans were not under significant attack before the Poles arrived. It was a siege.
>>
>Effective
Kek they were often cucked on the battlefield when put up against glorious Swedish Caroleans
>>
>>2220754
sarmatian cavalry traditions obviously
>>
>>2221144
>>2221144
So, in 18thC and whole 100 of them? By that time even Poles considered them as obsolete trash and soon disbanded formation.
>>
>>2221144
They destroyed the entire Swedish army in 1605.
Outnumbered 6:1
>>
>>2220976
This was before the Swedish Army reforms afaik, correct me if i am wrong,
and to be completely honest, your source doesn't include the actual number of mercenaries, if the number of actual Swedish soldiers was low the morale would've broke even after the FIRST charge
>>
>>2220754
Because no massive use of guns, Stanislaw
During napoleonic wars, those winged hussars would be BTFO
>inb4 muh polish lancers
they worked different.
>>
>>2223158
>16th and 17thC
>no massive use of guns
>>
>>2220754
The had super long lances which allowed them to attack pikemen effectively
>>
File: Deluge.png (261KB, 2000x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Deluge.png
261KB, 2000x1568px
>>2220754
>

>>2220976
Kircholm hade more to do with the absolute fuck up of the Swedish leadership and good Polish tactics than the superiority of the Polish hussars.

Polish cavalry did perform well against Swedish cavalry in pic related though. Against the rest of the Swedish army not so much.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.