[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /his/ I'm looking to start learning more about history.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: illumtrib.jpg (109KB, 480x304px) Image search: [Google]
illumtrib.jpg
109KB, 480x304px
Hello /his/ I'm looking to start learning more about history. Does anyone have suggestions on some good books or anything else? I'm especially interested in medieval/european history.
>>
File: IMG_7359.jpg (69KB, 730x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7359.jpg
69KB, 730x545px
Middle Ages shit:
General Medieval Histories:
>The Middle Ages- Joseph Dhamus
>The Middle Ages- Morris Bishop
Early Middle Ages:
>Inheritance of Rome: Illuminating the Dark Ages 400-1000 AD" - Chris Wickham
>"Rome and the Barbarians" Peter Heather

Crusades:
>The Crusades: The Authoritative History of the War For the Holy Land" Thomas Asbridge
>God's War" Christopher Tyre
>Steve Runciman's Crusades Trilogy

The Byzantine Empire
>The Byzantium Trilogy: John Julius Norwhich
>Byzantium: The Surprising Life of a Medieval Empire" Judith Herrin
>1453: The Last Days of Constantinople

Islam:
>Destiny Disrupted: A History of the World Through Islamic Eyes - Tamim Ansary
>>
>>2215892
Good books on Ancient Egypt.
Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt
Civilization or Barbarism – Cheikh Anta Diop
African Origin of Civilization – Cheikh Anta Diop
he Destruction of Black Civilization – Chancellor Williams
Imhotep the African: Architect of the Cosmos
>>
>>2215925
fuck off
>>
>>2215820
Norman cantor's medieval civilization is a decent introduction, though he's a bit of a dipshit and it shows in his writing
>>
>>2215971
>Can't talk about the Middle Ages without brining up the Holocaust
>>
>>2216004
Well the conditions of medieval Jews and their treatment and ghettoization is important in understanding the historical foundations of the holocaust and European anti semitism generally. My biggest problem with him was how he felt the need to give his opinion on everything. His writing comes across as very unprofessional
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.