[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consider the following, /his/: >body of original United

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: memer.png (835KB, 699x628px) Image search: [Google]
memer.png
835KB, 699x628px
Consider the following, /his/:

>body of original United States Constitution consists of seven articles, styled Article I - Article VII
>Ratified Amendments to the Constitiution legally become part of the Constitiution itself - the full text of the Constitution therefore changes insofar as new amendments are added over history
>the amendments are commonly styled "articles of amendment", or simply "Articles", e.g. "article XIII" for the 13th amendment, etc
>this numbering convention for the amendments starts from Amendment I, or "Article I", and not from "Article VIII", to describe the first amendment
>>
The Amendments that are specifically to do with civil rights are called the Bill of Rights.
>>
File: 13.jpg (539KB, 2672x3414px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
539KB, 2672x3414px
>>2215115

Yes, anon, but this doesn't have much to do with what I'm talking about.

In the official documents which have historically proposed Amendments to the states via acts of Congress, The official style is usually "Article such-and-such" (this style is missing from certain documents, but is so prominent throughout the documents that its usage has become commonplace). A perfectly clear example of the style is here, for the thirteenth amendment: Article XIII.

Although of course the numbering scheme changed as ratification took place, the original Bill of Rights document also uses this ordinal Article language to refer to each piece of legislation: "Article the Third" (the first amendment), etc.

So far as I have been able to investigate, there is historical inconsistency about how the headings of what we now call "the first amendment, the nth amendment" etc are actually supposed to be styled. "Article __" or "Amendment __" seem to be taken for granted as being good enough, whereas the "Article I" language is perfectly clear and present in the original primary document of the Constitution.
>>
>God given rights
>God was wrong on more than twenty different counts, including firearm possession, slavery, consumption of alcohol (briefly, untill he wasn't), and how long someone is allowed to be president for

Hohohohohohohoho, you are funny >U>S>A
>>
>>2215113
>>2215161
If we're being technical, only the 13th-16th Article of Amendment were explicitly numbered—all other Amendments were just stuck on the end without any formal number scheme.
>>
>>2215197
Hey.

"by their creator"

That could be evolution or some shit.
>>
File: 1483734854669.png (66KB, 326x558px) Image search: [Google]
1483734854669.png
66KB, 326x558px
>>2216204

>tfw you realize your parents by law have to give you inalienable rights

BEDTIMES BTFO

AM I BEING DETAINED
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.