[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it about Protestantism that made it so enticing to Germnanics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1352115400710.jpg (51KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1352115400710.jpg
51KB, 800x533px
What was it about Protestantism that made it so enticing to Germnanics and Protestants?
>>
It gave kings an excuse to keep tithes for themselves.
>>
>>2214717
Not an expert but I'd guess:

Distance from the Vatican. Travelling from Germany to Rome would take weeks. As a cardinal, do you really want to travel that much (With all the risks that come with it), for something that can be done without you?

Small countries means low influence in the Vatican. The majority of cardinals were Italian, some were French and Spanish because you have to respect their power bases, and it wasn't uncommon for Romans to get upset when a non-Italian was elected.

If a cardinal from Cologne was elected, then every other bishopric would ask for one, then every small county, then all the HRE would ask for its own cardinal because their neighbor have one so why wouldn't they.

As a result of both these things... You are presented with the choice to get Church matters in your own hands, to manage them in your own country, and not be dependant of what Rome wants anymore. Sounds good, doesn't it?
>>
File: FOCUS-Titel-51-11-16x9.jpg (112KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
FOCUS-Titel-51-11-16x9.jpg
112KB, 1200x627px
>>2214717
It freed us from Latin yoke.
>>
>>2214717
>what made Protestantism so enticing to Protestants?
>to Protestants
>>
I think we should look at the not Holy not Roman not Empire.

>bunch of city states
>Influence spread fast
>Too fast to enforce
>Couldn't stop the spread of these radical religious ideas

People were probably just generally sick of the Catholic Churches' shit at this point too.

I mean you get 1 schism, it happens, but 3 schisms and 3 different popes at one time? like cmon... get your shit together guys.

not disagreeing with above content either, >>2215008
>>
File: 1484179781108.jpg (92KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1484179781108.jpg
92KB, 499x499px
The greedy nobles could keep money from churches for themselves.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.