[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modernity is the true "dark ages". The Medieval world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 169438.jpg (176KB, 400x539px) Image search: [Google]
169438.jpg
176KB, 400x539px
Modernity is the true "dark ages".

The Medieval world was the true age of enlightenment.
>>
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
Then go to Swaziland where there's an absolute Christian monarch and medieval standards of living.
>>
>>2211410
Back to /r/atheism with you, fiend!
>implying it isn't whites who makes things great and Christianity + European culture created high civilization
>implying it wasn't the middle ages that gave rise to the modern ages
>inb4 /pol/
>>2211318
BASED
A
S
E
D
I mean, he's not wrong.
If we look at Christian Civilization as a society, industrialism and modernism is the age of decadence before the fall where idiots like >>2211410 crop up.
We should go back to the numerous societies which were communes but not communistic.
The Medieval world gave us progress.
Cut out the Middle Ages and none of this would be here.
>>
File: 1413845212451.jpg (22KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1413845212451.jpg
22KB, 400x398px
>>2211426
>implying it isn't republics making all the good shit and all sorts of fags trying to tag along to take advantage of the good shit created by republics
>>
>>2211426
If the modern age is bad, wouldn't the thing that gave rise to it also be bad?
>>
>>2211410
Also you're just being dishonest
It's more of a constitutional monarchy than anything else (I say this with the knowledge they are in a place where absolute power is the norm and any deviation is massive), also the standard of living is much greater than their other African brothers.
They have a decent GDP by African standards and have taken the fight to HIV in ways that could put the West to shame.
For everything they are facing and still coming out on top, they're pretty damn incredible.
>medieval standards of living
lel
>middle ages Europe is similar to a small modern day African nation
also they have good public education, 90% enrollment rate.
>>
>>2211434
Not necessarily.
It's possible, but I don't think it can be reasonably assumed.
For instance you might say that Human existence itself is bad because bad things arose out of it.
>>2211431
>muh Republicanism
Truly the pleb's perspective.
>>
>>2211454
Ye shall know them by their fruits my man
>>
>>2211454
I mean that in the sense of any origin which does not necessitate perfection is bad.
That's not really a logical assessment and it plays off of a principle of inherent bad within something that might be good, because the possibility of bad is there, or the bad exists.
What if the case is there are outside forces independent of the Middle Ages which corrupted Modernism and Industrialism?
>>
>>2211462
>What if the case is there are outside forces independent of the Middle Ages which corrupted Modernism and Industrialism?
Sure that could always be the case. What do you think that historical trend would be?
>>
>sweeping statement
>no argument

smells like /pol/ to me.
>>
>>2211318
>he says while posting an encoded image of someone he has likely never met, yet still knows of, onto a board with thousands of unique visitors that each have probably read more words than most of their ancestors combined
>>
>>2211410
But Swaziland has those naked zulu qts who dance for their king every year and he picks one as his wife.
>>
>>2211462
That is a logical assessment. The possibility of anything being good or bad exists in almost everything, depending on the viewpoint of the subject. The innovation of humanity is good for us because it's allowed us to spread across the globe and fight diseases that once had us at their mercy; but very bad for almost every other species of animal out there, as seen by the current mass extinction event.

If the Medieval world directly gave rise to modernity, the best you can say of the Medieval world is that it was a mixed bag that gave both good and bad to the world.

Of course something good may produce something weak and corruptible, but at this point we're leaving concrete historical discussion and entering armchair sophistry; at least when talking about the medieval world's affect on modernity.
>>
>>2211318
>modernity

>>>/pol/
>>
File: pepe.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>2211426
>communes but not communistic.
>>
>>2211318
>sending rovers to mars
>in a few generations being able to colonize other planets
>have unlimited knowledge unlocked in under a second
>advances in robotics
>most peaceful time in human history
>"modernity is the true dark age"
Shut the fuck up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.