[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did the British cause the famine or try to help people during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: britishops.jpg (514KB, 944x674px) Image search: [Google]
britishops.jpg
514KB, 944x674px
did the British cause the famine or try to help people during it?
are proponents of the first theory just rabid irish nationalists?
>>
>>2208973
nah, probably a virus coming from the US
>>
It's not like they deployed the British Army to protect food exports from Ireland from starving peasants.

Oh wait, yes they did.
>>
>>2208981
=D me wonders how they convince the soldiers to just go and commit genocide
>>
>>2208973
Cromwell's invasion was a more straightforward genocide, but the famine was still genocide.
>>
There was a famine in Scotland around the same time which resulted in basically no death or emigration because of quick relief efforts by the British government.

The British didn't cause the Great Irish Famine, they just didn't care about Ireland enough to help in any substantial way.
>>
>>2208993
>famine in Scotland around the same time which resulted in basically no death or emigration
the famine was still devastating its just less talked about
>>
File: malthuswasrightallalong.png (6KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
malthuswasrightallalong.png
6KB, 500x334px
To feed a starving irish you have to take food from someone else. It is difficult to understand, but think about it.

Malthus tried to warn the Irish against breeding like rabbits, Ireland resisted the British agricultural revolution because apparently the big organized plantations were somehow magically bad, they wouldn't listen and now they make up these lies. Ireland never listens to their enlightened neighbor.
>>
>>2208981
Good.
>>
>>2209052
>MFW incontinence caused a famine
>>
>>2209052
That graph has to be bullshit, it is in no way possible for Ireland to have a bigger population than the entirety of Europe.
>>
File: image.png (221KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
221KB, 512x384px
>>2209097
read the graph again
>>
>>2209100
Population of Ireland (millions)
Population of Europe (millions)

Shows Ireland as having a higher population between the years of 1740-1900
>>
>>2209108
try one more time
>>
>>2209137
Can't believe I didn't fucking see that. I'm ashamed of myself.
>>
>>2209137
the LHS Y axis is ireland
the RHY Y axis is europe
It's a nice way to look at slopes.
>>
>>2209052
>the irish, who owned almost no land, are responsible for the misuse of the land

Absentee landlords should be shot.
>>
>>2209093
>incontinence
I don't get it.
>>2209052
>>2209140
oops
>>2209535
There was no potato famine on their land, they grew mainly wheat.

>Absentee landlords
Why is it a crime to do things from afar?
>>
>>2210782
>Why is it a crime to do things from afar?

Absentee landlords give not fuck about the state of their properties and their maintenance and go to maximum shekel-hunting, dollar snatching, rupee wrangling to extract profit.
>>
>>2211211
>ah hates 'em booklearnin types, science never helped nobody, it's all just sorcery to conjur away wealth from folks who do the real work with their hands in ways I can see and understand
In a modern commercial farm management doesn't unclog irrigation ditches and spread manure, they handle business elsewhere. Most landlords were like this, even in England.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.