[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why so many people hate hedonism. It looks that most suffering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: aXm4369xjU.jpg (139KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm4369xjU.jpg
139KB, 650x650px
Why so many people hate hedonism. It looks that most suffering in the world is caused by ones who rejected simple idea of the plain humal happiness.
>>
yeah but it makes you easily bullied
>>
>>2201897
Happiness is for the niave, existential crisis isn't a time to be happy.
>>
>>2201897
Because it is a very basic idea. Yeah, you want personal pleasure and to minimize any discomfort that befalls you.
And you want the same for everyone else.
And that's when individual peculiarities and desires conflict and you have created an egotistical dystopia.
You can't please everyone and yourself at the same time because what is pleasurable and good is subjective and dependent on the individual.
See
>>2202223
>>
>>2202299
Existential crisis is what stupid people feel when they can't understand meaning of their lives.
>>
>>2202420
that's why depression clusters in high IQ populations

read a fucking book
>>
>>2201897
Hedonism simply ignores what true happiness is

True happiness lies in self improvement, and hedonism is just blissful ignorance
>>
>>2202439
Not every depression is some kind of existential crisis, man.
>>
>>2202489
True hedonism doesn't ignore true happiness. Why would it?
>>
I'd plug myself into Nozick's experience machine tomorrow if I could.
>>
>>2202510
hedonism is sensual and not spirtual
>>
>>2202420
I have a feeling this an extremely broad and stupid statement.
>>
>>2202524
Same. If i get exactly what i want with some sort of realistic balance of challenge and hardship, plus i don't know it's a simulation, it sounds like a perfect plan.
>>
>>2202530
Happiness is spiritual category so hedonism is the spiritual view by default.
>>
>>2202530
>hedonism is sensual and not spirtual
this is what hedonists believe.
>>
Hedonism is not happiness, but pleasure. It actually makes you unhappy.
t. Stoic
>>
>>2203139
Then you might be in a simulation machine right now.
>>
>plesure is bad pecoz ive made it bad, haha satanic greekniggers
>>2203486
>>
Nobody hates hedonism. What world do you live in?
>>
File: 1479870403413.jpg (62KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
1479870403413.jpg
62KB, 534x820px
I've never become happy through pleasure

how do you fix that
>>
i'd tap that ass
>>
>>2202420
Existential crisis for the species...
>>
>>2202539
This is the /his/ slogan.
>>
>>2202439
>>2202489
>depression being anything other than the quintessential first world problem
top kek
>>
There is nothing wrong with hedonism, at all.
>>
File: image[1].png (1MB, 2069x2261px) Image search: [Google]
image[1].png
1MB, 2069x2261px
>>2205008
"muh first world reddit problems XDDD"

You have to go back.

http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001547
>>
>>2205008
Hello I see that you are retarded.
Please move on to ribbit.
>>
>>2206501
>UK not a miserable pit of apathy and depression

I call bullshit
>>
>>2206501
Why Mexica is low? Isn't it shithole?
>>
>>2202489
That's a false binary. If I define my happiness as being successful then I still want to maximize it.
>>
>>2202399
>Yeah, you want personal pleasure and to minimize any discomfort that befalls you.
That's actually Epicureanism.
Hedonism is the most pleasure no matter the cost.
Awesome night out drinking and Skydiving? 99% chance of death/100% chance of fun.
Hedonists will take those odds.
>>
>>2206672
Turns out material wealth doesn't solve depression.
>>
File: goose.jpg (75KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
75KB, 960x640px
>>2201897
If you would like to see what a world where the only goal anyone has is their immediate gratification looks like, visit Africa. Civilization requires the deferral of gratification. Pleasure is not a good enough reason to do anything because it is inconsistent and sometimes at odds with good sense.

Morality should be based on principles of duty. It is the only sort of morality that functions.
>>
>>2201897
Most ppl are just jelly of people who manage to partake in their desires and pleasures and enjoy life. They wish they weren't so square and hank hill-like so to cover up this shortcoming they make an appeal to morals whether it be in their religion or 'tradition' or pretend like real happiness can only be found in something philosophically 'higher' as though this is the greater truth. This is fine and all but I don't believe one or the other is on a higher plane or is more "real'. They are both valuable persuits in life.
>>
>>2207021
*pursuit
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.