[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Diogenes of Sinope the most based philosopher of Hellenic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: diogenes-and-alexander.jpg (450KB, 1280x1032px) Image search: [Google]
diogenes-and-alexander.jpg
450KB, 1280x1032px
Was Diogenes of Sinope the most based philosopher of Hellenic times, or just a beta contrarian?

>Lived in a clay tub, exposed to the elements with dogs
>Cast aside all his material belongings
>Would frequently eat in the marketplace despite it being against custom
>Masturbated in public
>Defecated in the theatre when he didn't like the play
>Pissed on people that displeased him
>Frequently trolled Plato and his pupils, the dominant philosophers of the time in Athens
>Walked around in the daytime with a lit lantern, looking "for an honest man"
>Might have even talked shit to Alexander the Great

The stories about certainly are amusing, to say the least.
>>
File: 1481801222207.jpg (152KB, 1268x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1481801222207.jpg
152KB, 1268x1520px
I'd say contranarian. The guy was the first shitposter. He was 4chan incarnate: rude, disgusting, arrogant, and contranarian.
>>
He was fictional figure like Jesus or Buddha...
>>
>>2199266
>tfw can't do what he did without going to jail nowadays
>>
>>2199356
That part always made me wonder, why did the Athenians and Corinthians never do anything about him? Was he viewed as harmless and not deserving of any punishment for his deeds?
>>
>>2199266
100% based
>>
>>2199372
Being a depraved bum was viewed as wisdom back then
>>
>>2199356

We truly live in spooked times.

>>2199372

I've heard people loved him for all the shit he did. I guess because he actually did spout some deep stuff when not acting like a deranged hobo.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.