[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nowadays, NEET's and mentally ill kids have /pol/ to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1483067827456.png (544KB, 2000x1507px) Image search: [Google]
1483067827456.png
544KB, 2000x1507px
Nowadays, NEET's and mentally ill kids have /pol/ to go to when society shuns them.

What happened to NEET's and mentally retarded kid's in the old days? Were they killed? Sent away to the wilderness?
>>
>>2197862
>NEET'S
>kid's

Holy shit OP pls fucking hang yourself.
>>
people used to live in much smaller and tight knit communities, autists and the mentally ill weren't cast out of society unless they were completely pants on head retarded and useless, schizophrenics have better long term prognosis in sub Saharan Africa than they do in modern western nations
>>
They either didn't get to express their... Umm... Or they learnt that expressing them got them beaten up.... Or they didn't learn at all, which would usually end in jail/hospital/mental facility/cemetery depending on their luck & location.
>>
>>2197880

>schizophrenics have better long term prognosis in sub Saharan Africa than they do in modern western nations

they are still worshiped as shamans and spiritual teachers in many different parts of the world. Western society is like a well oiled machine, if something doesn't fit its discarded.
>>
>>2197914
As a person descended from one of those societies, it's not a good thing that insane people were worshipped. It sometimes leads to hilarity, and other times it leads to random tragedy.

Maybe ostracizing insane people is bad, but putting them in places where they make important decisions is even worse.
>>
>>2197862
There were no ""NEETs", there were beggars, thieves and hermits.
>>
>>2198155

Depends on the society DESU.
>>
Autists often shut themselves away and invented something revolutionary or wrote philosophical treaties and stuff.

I believe people like Immanuel Kant and Newton were probably on the spectrum, as they were rmouredly not great at social stuff (and the Categorical Imperative is basically autistic rules for morals). But both were relatively well off.

I don't think the lower classes could be NEETs, there was no welfare to support them.
>>
>>2197872
same thing
>>
>>2198089

ill people aren't worshipped or at least, the people worshipped aren't considered to be ill. They are initially ill then heal themselves and their role is to heal other mentally ill people
>>
''KILL MENTALLY IL PEOPLE''
t. OP
>>
they had to interact with society and they learned to be a little less retarded
>>
>>2198172
>hurrr being socially awkward mens u autist

I wish this meme would die a violent death along with retards attempting to diagnose long dead historical figures based off of credulous third-party accounts.

>b-but I meant the nebulous *chan definition which can apply to literally anybody and everybody at any time!
>>
>>2198155
>There were no ""NEETs"
There were.

Noblemen took pride in not having to work and having the time to enjoy the beautiful things as "gentlemen".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.