[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it considered bad form in the past for a lot of mounted combatants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Was it considered bad form in the past for a lot of mounted combatants to target another mounted warrior's horse?

Is there a time where this changed?

Was it generally more valuable to kill the rider and keep the horses?

Was there ever a policy in place to enforce this?
>>
>>2196321

think the general policy and doctrine was MAKE THE FUCKERS DIE, KILL KILL KILL

seriously doubt anyone counted dead horses, except maybe if they were hungry
>>
Mounted combat has a 5000 year long history and was practiced over five continents so there's very little you can apply to all of it
>>
The horse was invisible to other combatants because of the barding and lack of inter-species communication, that's why it was invulnerable to any attack. Also, the rider has 1187% more reach than any footman, hence why cavalry was always overpowered up until 1918.
>>
>>2196464
What?
>>
File: 124754531653.jpg (128KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
124754531653.jpg
128KB, 700x700px
>>2196464
>>
>>2196321
If you killed the horse, you may still have an aggressive, heavily armed warrior still trying to kill you/your men.

Also, during the age of chivalry a mounted knight would rather be killed by a fellow knight rather than be hacked to death by peasant infantry. Obviously most cases involved worthy enough fighters being captured for ransom. That's an idea I just pooped out my head.
>>
>>2196464
That was the /his/ equivalent of "anymore of that and you'll be stronger than superman"
>>
>>2196464
Please explain
>>
>>2196321
Aiming for the horse does not prevent the man on it form putting a spear point in you unless you massively outreach him.
>>
>>2196464

WTF are these faggots meming about?
>>2196490
>>2196738
>>2196808
>>2197161

That was plain intelligible English which explained exactly the point that was made.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.