[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about "what if" history for a second.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 300x168px
Let's talk about "what if" history for a second.
Imagine that the USSR never dissolved and the Berlin wall still stands today. What would the politics be like and how would you be living?
Also, feel free to post your scenarios.
>>
It literally can't happen

In some amazing world where it did, the USSR is an economic misery.
>>
>>2195426
I meant in a hypothetical imaginary situation. I know it can't.
>>
>>2195423
>Let's talk about "what if" history for a second
That's 99% of /his/ though
>>
>>2195423
You can literally make up whatever bullshit you want to justify "what if" scenarios and you'll never actually get anywhere.

History is just applying an easy to follow narrative to a bunch of shit happening at once and then trying to figure out if it was good or bad. If it was good we try and do it more. If it was bad we try and stop it from happening again.

"What if" history is really just the domain of people who have a particular fetish for a group or culture or time period and think that it could be extended if a specific event happened.

Real history is complex and hard enough to understand, so I can;t for the love of me understand why people spend time coming up with these pretend scenarios for things that cannot, did not, and will not ever occur.
>>
>>2195465
It's just for thought. We think of "what if" scenarios to pass the time and discuss history related things. I don't have a fetish for time periods, I just want to hear other anons.
>>
>>2195423
You would have to go further back and kill Khrushchev
>>
>>2195474
I'm sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.

Honestly I do plenty of what if scenarios myself. Especially since I like my GS games and all.
>>
No idea, but tensions between NATo and USSR would be through the roof. Maybe WW3 would already have happened, starting from Syria.

An american plane flying for 3 microseconds over the Russian border, for example, would be enough excuse to start a WW3
>>
>>2195423
It's hard to imagine the USSR sustaining itself into the 2000's. It was already groaning and creaky from a need for quick reforms and a transfusion of some kind of capitalist market to keep the country together.

If it were to stay, many Russian people would have to die due to several rebellions that would have cropped up inevitably as food shortages and other goods became steadily more and more beyond the price range of everyday citizens. Those left would be a part of a reinvigorated totalitarian era of Soviet control. But it's likely with this internal chaos and the USA's desire to curb Russian military power they would be funding every rebel group they could to topple Soviet rule.

Likely the events of the early 00's and into the 10's would be similar to events seen in the middle east as Russia becomes the new destabalized region up for grabs in the global soft power game. Certainly China would be acting too to seize Russia eastern territory as perhaps some Russian communists would make the switch to the CCP as the USSR becomes less and less stable and reliable.
>>
>>2195423
people would still be escaping that shitheap for the west, thats for sure
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.