[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesn´t YHWH strictly forbids to lie in the Decalogue given

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 640.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
why doesn´t YHWH strictly forbids to lie in the Decalogue given to Moses (except the part against false witness)
>>
>>2193664
Taqiya.
>>
>>2193664
The original commandment was not to lie in court. The whole "never lie in any circumstance" was appropriated by the Jews from Zoroastrianism during and after their diaspora in Persia.
>>
>>2193664

Because the Decalogue's purpose is to provide a theological foundation, so to speak, for the rest of the commandments and theology. That's why, for instance, the first "commandment" isn't even a command, rather a statement of "I am the Lord your God".

Lying in and of itself isn't necessarily sinful. Going up to you and spouting nonsense, that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, or that coal is white, isn't evil. Deceit is (almost always) sinful. Trying to lie to get your neighbor's money isn't inherently more or less sinful than trying to get your neighbor's money by other means.

As it is, you already have foundational commands against people's person (don't murder) and against their possessions (Don't steal). The one about false witness is a societal command, to uphold the strictures of civilization, not a personal one. Quite frankly, it's extraneous for the purpose.
>>
>>2193664
How would you jew the goyim otherwise?
>>
Slavery, lying, and polygamy was a-ok til that half-roman kike jesus perverted his message
>>
>false witness

name a lie right now that doesn't fall into "false witness"?

"No one will ever become president"
"Weed doesnt cause cancer"
I literally can not think of any
>>
>>2193795
the commandment refers to false witness in front of a tribunal or judge
>>
>>2193812
ex. 20 16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

where does it mention a judge?

I'm not trying to fight I'm just trying to figure out what ya'll are refering to.
>>
>>2193819
neighbour refers to your fellow man. all man
>>
>>2193664
If you'd read bible for once, you would see, that decalogue is a basis and one need some logical thinking and lots of love to figure it out completely.Jesus spoke about it in the case of adultery and how even lustful thinking is a breaking of commandment. Apply this logic to "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour" and you will have your answer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.