[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that pagan norse were more sexually 'liberal'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is it true that pagan norse were more sexually 'liberal' than christians around them?
For example I heard that you weren't gay as long as you were topping.
Or is this all bullshit?
>>
>>2189385
Trying to explain it in modern terms of what is and isn't liberal is fucking gay my dude.
>>
>>2189385
>For example I heard that you weren't gay as long as you were topping.
This is pretty much a cultural universal
>>
>>2189407
That's why I said 'liberal'.
I meant more free in how people fuck etc.

>>2189409
But in christianity it would have been seen as sinful in both ways right?
>>
>They gather in the one house in their tens and twenties, sometimes more, sometimes less. Each of them has a couch on which he sits. They are accompanied by beautiful slave girls for trading. One man will have intercourse with his slave-girl while his companion looks on. Sometimes a group of them comes together to do this, each in front of the other. Sometimes indeed the merchant will come in to buy a slave-girl from one of them and he will chance upon him having intercourse with her, but the Rus will not leave her alone until he has satisfied his urge.

>[Before the funeral of a chieftain] Meanwhile, the slave-girl who wished to be killed was coming and going, entering one pavilion after another. The owner of the pavilion would have intercourse with her and say to her, “Tell your master that I have done this purely out of love for you.”
>>
>>2189455
Well that's a slave girl lets say there is a married woman who is a total slut what would be most likely happen to her?
Cause in islam she and the guys she fucked would be executed for example.
>>
>>2189466
>Executed

Burned alive, bro. That's worse than amputation or decapitation or stoning or rooftop throwing.
>>
>>2189481
Oh shit, was this common?
I thought that she might have been publically shamed and that was it.
Also do you have something to read on this?
>>
>>2189496
Most ancient cultures were obsessed with the sexual purity of women and some still are, for example southern conservatives, Islam and Feminism.
The men were seen as being impure and thus it was ok for them to have sex with slaves and foreigners.
But as long as the woman stayed pure then society stayed pure.
>>
Norse were highly anti-homosexual compared to your Mediterranean cultures.
>>
>>2189587
No, they were pretty much the same as Mediterraneans, i.e. only bottoming is gay.
>>
>>2189556
That seems a pretty widely held idea actually.
Even among many muslim and christian peoples there are sayings that go like ''a man can get a taste outside as long as he comes home for dinner''.
>>
>>2189455
>Tell your master that I have done this purely out of love for you.”
Mistranslation, it says "out of love for him", that is they participate in the ritual of pounding her for her master's sake, to (however the fuck they figured that worked) increase the prestige of his burial, and they want her to tell him so in the other world.
>>
>>2189385
I don't think the Germanic peoples accepted homosexuality, but i know the Celts did.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.