[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you firm in your ideological principles and worldviews or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1483656962376.png (7KB, 420x487px) Image search: [Google]
1483656962376.png
7KB, 420x487px
Are you firm in your ideological principles and worldviews or do you carelessly breeze through life like a cynical postmodernist?
>>
Second, I am not pleb.
>>
File: saint michael.jpg (66KB, 364x640px) Image search: [Google]
saint michael.jpg
66KB, 364x640px
What's the point of asking such a loaded question?

>Do you do very sophisticated, mature X thing, or do you do silly, destructive Y thing?

How does one expect to get honest discussion from such a shit question format? Oh wait you don't, because you're a shitposter.
>>
I try not to confuse cynicism with realism but it is difficult.
>>
>>2188300

I don't think cynical postmodernism is necessarily "silly". It may have destructive underpinnings but it's not *obviously* unattractive and imbecilic in the way you describe.
>>
>>2188319
I don't think so either, but the way OP phrased the question infers it with the phrase "carelessly breeze through life". He's attaching his own personal leanings and observations to his question, meaning those that choose to answer it have to do so within the framework that he has already laid out. This is why loaded questions are fruitless. One should ask a question assuming he knows nothing. It is the only way to get at the heart of a topic.
>>
"There are two kinds of people in the world.

Those that serve what they falsely believe to be truth, and those that serve what they know, deep down, to be a lie."
>>
>>2188364

OP here. I'd actually describe myself as careless and lacking conviction, so I don't consider it a negative trait. Wasn't intentionally criticizing.

I was curious to see how many metamodernists are on /his/, as it's a movement characterized by anti-fragmentation (hence anti-anonymity, I'd say). I think 4chan is one of the only havens left for drifters.
>>
i find myself entertaining all kinds of schools of thought as valid, I'll read stuff by ancaps and follow their arguments and not necessarily dismiss them out of hand and understand how and why they take that position, then the next day I'll read stuff by Marxist Leninists and consider it equally valid, then I'll listen to neo con radio hosts on am and find myself being able to agree with their train of thought

I'm one of those "so open minded your brain falls out" types
>>
>>2188286
2nd so hard I went full-fledged 1st.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.