[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's common to read in textbooks about the well-known "splendour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

It's common to read in textbooks about the well-known "splendour period" in Muslim Spain. It's true cities increased their population as a result of the Muslim arrival. Arabs created laws, public institutions..To sum up, I'd say a new model of society was established. However, I don't think three main religions (Christians, muslims, jews) lived peacefully. There was even a clear division between Muslims: arabs were the powerful statment and North África muslims didn't have any power in goverment functions. Christians (mozárabes) lived in suburbs and paid high taxes because of their religion.
>Was Al-Ándalus a real multicultural and splendid state?
>>
File: 1394612039488.png (28KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394612039488.png
28KB, 380x250px
>>2184527
>it's another Andalusia was a oppressive hellhole where muslims raped their innocent christian neighbour and ate live babies thread

No different from British India or any other imperial holding.
>>
>>2184527
>However, I don't think three main religions (Christians, muslims, jews) lived peacefully.

If you're judging "peace" based on modern standards, you've already failed at interpreting history.

By contemporary standards, Andalusia was pretty peaceful for long stretches of time. Until the Berbers chimped out, you could be reasonably secure as a Jew or Christian to know that you wouldn't be pogrammed for most of the Cordoba era and the Taifa periods. This is why Jews actually did pretty well in Spain, all things considered, and experienced a "Jewish Golden Age," in parallel the Andalusian "Islamic Golden Age," in terms of medicine, philosophy, etc.
>>
>>2184549
Don't look at us. The same people who spread black legend tier propaganda about European colonization put Muslim occupied Iberia on a silver platter.
>>
>>2185166
I don't deny there were not struggles between religions during some periods of Al-Ándalus era. Nevertheless, I don't agree about this peace was related to Muslim tolerance. In fact, around 50 christians were killed during Abderramán II emirate for criticising arabic laws.
These laws discriminated Christians and jews in many daily life issues or judicial processes. Death sentences were also usual.
>Peace periods in Al- Ándalus between religions were real, just like in kingdoms where Muslims didn't rule.
>Christians and jews were discriminated. No equality existed between cultures.
>>
File: hitler_on_islam.jpg (118KB, 805x287px)
hitler_on_islam.jpg
118KB, 805x287px
Check out this mustached man's opinion on Muslim Spain.
>>
>>2187030
50 whole people? How awful. Don't these niggers know this is 2017?
>>
>>2187058
Who cares about what this man said about muslims.
>>
>>2187070
He was a great man.
>>
>>2185166
>to know that you wouldn't be pogrammed for most of the Cordoba era and the Taifa periods.
It was pretty common.That is why there was a huge influx of inmigrants from the south to the north
>>
It was multicultural, it did see economic growth, but if you weren't Muslim you would pay the Jizya and you would be discriminated against.

If the Muslims were WASPS and those they ruled over Indians, liberals would shit themselves in rage and would never stop talking about the injustice, even though this kind of nepotism was almost a necessity when rebellions, massacres, torture, cruelty, religious fanaticism and assassination was the norm the world over.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.