[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what does /his/ think about Montgomery? Was he one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2548.jpg (67KB, 539x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2548.jpg
67KB, 539x640px
So what does /his/ think about Montgomery? Was he one of the best, or one of the worst?
>>
>>2179108

Proof that even if you win a hundred battles, your rivals will never let you forget the one you lost.
>>
>>2179108

Good, but not amazing. Much better general than /his/ seems to give him credit for.
>>
>>2179108

Monty fucking sucks
>>
>>2179108
Glory hog.
>>
File: george patton.jpg (57KB, 550x385px) Image search: [Google]
george patton.jpg
57KB, 550x385px
Patton kicked his ass
>>
>>2179108
Patton was better then him but at the same time he wasn't terrible or anything either.
>>
>>2179440

>WallsofMetz.jpg

>>2179483

Exactly how was Patton "better than him"? Patton is one of the most overrated do-nothing generals of WW2, about the only one that can give Rommel a run for his money.
>>
>>2179108
wow he was able to beat Rommel because british intelligence gave him all of Romme's plans before hand.

So impressive. What a great general.
>>
>>2179828

You know, I've heard that a dozen times, but I've never actually seen someone cite to an Ultra intercept of Rommel's plans at El Alamein, nor seen that claimed in a history book about the Mediterranean/North African theater.

Maybe you can help me.
>>
>>2179828
Did you know that Rommel was reading British code and knew British plans like an open book?
>>
>>2179828

>using your advantages to defeat you opponents

Oh wow, it's like litterally every commander who ever lived has tried to do that.

If Rommel had done it, you fuckers would get wanking into your own mouths at the amazing genius of such a skilled move.
>>
>>2179440
over rated prima donna, not even close to as good as monty

>>2179108
probably the best general in the european theatre for the western allies.

people get hung up on arnhem because a gamble failed, but he did very well in commanding the battle of normandy, in his advance into germany and in commanding during the battle of the bulge as well as the north african campaign.

his successes out number his failures by a considerable margin, sure he was autistic but he was also very competent
>>
He wasn't a bad general, but he was overly cautious. At times it was good, and preserved lives, but other times it was bad and especially at Falaise allowed a massive Germany Army to escape. Had he committed his Canadian forces sooner the gap could have been closed and the entire army surrounded and potentially captured. At the same time, his reluctance to do so is understandable, given they were unsure of the strength and number of Germans outside the pocket, only knowing that there was at least a panzergrenadier division out there. Patton's insistence on committing the 13th Army could have potentially been disastrous.
Ultimately I wish he had been more consistent. Market Garden was his brainchild and a reckless one at that, had he continued his cautious, slow and protected advance then there would have been no Market Garden and its utter fiasco. Falaise was a fuckup for him, but an understandable one. Market Garden was almost as big a fuckup as the Battle of the Bulge.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.