[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a liability to instill a sense of fairness in your child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1438040700592.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1438040700592.gif
14KB, 633x758px
Is it a liability to instill a sense of fairness in your child and to teach them to be honest these days?

Everyone seems to be a sociopath with a complete disregard for any kind of virtue, I have a kid on the way and I'm wondering if I'd be setting them up for failure if I don't teach them to be a scheming scumfuck.
>>
I think rather than forcing arbitrary beliefs onto impressionable children, you should give them a solid base framework and let them make their own decisions. That's not to say you should give them 100% freedom, but you need a balance. Then again I'm not a parent so what do I know.

tl;dr give them knowledge, not "wisdom".
>>
If you want your child to be a reflection of what you think is wrong in the world, then yeah, go ahead.
>>
>>2174437
>I have a kid on the way
You're already an immoral evil piece of shit
>>
>>2174458
faggot
>>
File: 1471804967051.png (54KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1471804967051.png
54KB, 183x275px
>>2174466
the anti natalists are already here, is any creature on the planet as pathetic as they?
>>
>>2174437
They will get taken advantage of and preyed upon by others if you teach them to be good, raise them to be an edgy sociopath with no regard for anyone else instead.
>>
>>2174466
Yes he is especially if he's a fucking white male.
>>
>>2174437
Why do you want to spook the shit out of your kid, so he ends up being a meek idealist? Teach it the realities of life and how to deal with people. You don't have to fill it's head with ''virtue''. If you expect your child to do well, make sure you're not a complete fuckup when you decide to bust a life into this world.

>>2174458
Also this.
>>
>>2174437
Making sure your kid understands the basis of virtue is important, even if it cannot be taught. Even Plato had useless children but that is no reason to stray from the just path, anon.

Also don't listen to >>2175984
or you might raise a future shitposter.
>>
>>2174484
This is how animals think.

Raise them in such a way that they provide value and upward mobility to society at large, even if they occasionally get screwed over by edgy sociopaths.

Also teach them to recognize edgy sociopaths.
>>
Why would you not want to raise a chad?
>>
Teach them virtues that are practical. Loyalty to their family and friends. How to give respect where it is due. Don't teach them naive humanist horseshit about innate human goodness or giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. That shit is just setting them up for disillusionment and easy exploitation.

The most important things to teach children are skepticism and responsibility. If you can, try to give your children at least a few easy years of carefree existence before you start teaching them these things, because once learned they cannot be un-learned and their childhood will effectively end. But having an authority figure teach them to you is much more reassuring than having to figure it out yourself. Especially responsibility.
>>
Miss Jones taught me English
But I think I just shot her son
'Cause he owed me money
With a bullet in the chest you cannot run
Now he's bleeding in a vacant lot
The one in the summer where we used to smoke pot
I guess I didn't mean it
But man, you shoulda seen it
His flesh explode
Slow motion see me let go
We tend to die young
What a brother knows
Now the cops will get me
But girl, if you would let me
I'll take your pants off
I got a little bit of blow we could both get off
Later bathing in the afterglow
Two lines of coke I cut with Drano
And her nose starts to bleed
A most beautiful ruby red
We'll remember these days
Urban life decays
And at home
My sister's eating paint chips again
Maybe that's why she's insane
I shut the door to her moaning
And I shoot smack in my veins
Wouldn't you?
See my neighbor's beating his wife
Because he hates his life
There's a knock to his fist as he swings
Oh man, what a beautiful thing
And death slides close to me
Won't grow old to be
A junkie wino creep
Hollywood glamorized my wrath
I'm a young urban psychopath
I incite murder for your entertainment
'Cause I needed the money
What's your excuse?
The joke's on you
Oh yeah
>>
>>2176017
>The most important things to teach children are skepticism and responsibility.
There is literally no way for you to know this, it does however sound like you're telling him to min-max wisely and go for a quality build and make him pvp viable.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.