[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the fact France still didnt declare war after this perfect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: jons.png (136KB, 324x618px) Image search: [Google]
jons.png
136KB, 324x618px
How is the fact France still didnt declare war after this perfect casus belli not the ultimate proof that 1914 France was a peace loving nation and Germany a warmongering aggressor?
>>
>>2173522
Kraut status:
IxI rekt
I I Rekt
>>
>>2173522
What was it, a scuffle over a taxi cab?
>>
File: ww1 jonch.jpg (449KB, 593x1610px) Image search: [Google]
ww1 jonch.jpg
449KB, 593x1610px
>>2173740
It was a sad, unecessary event caused by the extreme autism of a young German cavalry officer
>>
>>2173522
>border incident
>perfect casus belli

Are you implying that the French were planning to stay out by August, 2nd? The French left it to the Germans to declare war on them for propagandistic reasons but their involvement was already certain.
>>
>>2173855
>The French left it to the Germans to declare war on them for propagandistic reasons but their involvement was already certain.

Doubt it
They didnt declare war when Germany attacked Russia, nor did they after this incident, though both were perfect casus belli
If they wanted war so much, why wait for an uncertain German declaration of war when they already had two perfect occasions to declare war themselves while being justified?
Also, why did they withdraw their troops 10kms away from the borders to avoid provoking Germany if they wanted war anyway?

Every fact points toward the idea that France wanted to avoid war
>>
>>2173876
>Doubt it
No, it's not doubtable. They had an alliance with Russia and Poincaré promised support during his visit in St. Petersburg.

>If they wanted war so much, why wait for an uncertain German declaration of war when they already had two perfect occasions to declare war themselves while being justified?

As I said, for propaganda purposes it's better to let your opponent declare war first and present yourself as an unsuspecting victim. And the German declaration of war wasn't uncertain, it was bound to happen once France signalized that they wouldn't stay neutral.

>Also, why did they withdraw their troops 10kms away from the borders to avoid provoking Germany if they wanted war anyway?

This was before the Austrian declaration of war against Serbia and before the German declaration of war against Russia. What we are discussing here is that France was in an alliance with Russia and they were prepared to side with Russia in a war.
>>
>>2174054
>once France signalized that they wouldn't stay neutral.

You mean when they rufused to surrender dozens of their city like Germany demanded them to do to "prove their neutrality"?
>>
>>2173876
French would have to be retarded to not attack Germany after it got itself busy with Russia. If Germany won against Russia unmolested then France would be next.
>>
don't delude yourself OP
>>
>>2174061
>surrender dozens of their city
not sure what your talking about, they wanted the fortresses of Verdun and Toul for the time of the war. At first the Germans only asked France for neutrality; in case of an unexpceted positive answer they planned to demand the occupation of Toul and Verdun. But since the French didn't promise neutrality the request was never made, the Toul/Verdun thing only became public during the war. I don't know why people here think this is so important
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.