[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idolization is the future of propaganda It's like a lite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1481332003418.jpg (76KB, 750x701px) Image search: [Google]
1481332003418.jpg
76KB, 750x701px
Idolization is the future of propaganda

It's like a lite version of cult of personality, but you spend so little money for your public imagery

no matter how controversial yourself, your supporter will defend you because you are their idol
>>
I can see the truth in this.

How long until we have gang wars with cults fighting each other in the name of their fav J-Pop idol?
>>
>Idolization is the future of propaganda
wat a stupid statement
>>
>>2168756
Just look at Bernie and Trump supporters
>>
File: Gigit jari 100%.jpg (44KB, 628x946px) Image search: [Google]
Gigit jari 100%.jpg
44KB, 628x946px
>>2168756
>stupid statement

bitch nigga pls, i am from indonesia and OP might be true

our current president is probably a good example

right now you can get accused and roperted to police by his supporters if you try to bad memeing or criticizing him

other than that, see this >>2168851
>>
>>2168551

>future
>>
>>2168551
Anon, that's how society has always worked. You must be new here.

But you're probably right that the greater flow of information thanks to the internet will only increase this phenomenon.
Stuff like fandoms are only as prominent because the internet allows like minded people to gather together and form a community despite geographical seperation.

I work in media and stuff like gamification is really gaining traction at the moment.
It's fascinating to watch how easy it is to completely suspend people's critical thinking by using ideology driven games and reward systems.

I donmt know how exactly future societies will look like, but Huxley's Brave New world is probably fairly close.
Chyna is already experimenting with a game like system that essentially determines how much of a good citizen you are.

http://theantimedia.org/china-just-launched-the-most-frightening-game-ever-and-soon-it-will-be-mandatory/

Currently the west is protected from this kind of stuff because our system has checks and balances to prevent any institution from gaining that mich power, but if we keep eroding our system this is what will happen to us too.
>>
File: 1481925375942.png (13KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1481925375942.png
13KB, 390x470px
>>2168959
>you lived just long enough to see life become a real MMORPG

who wants to go grinding fellas my main is in Staten island nyc
>>
Actually it's the present, probably always been the case, recently though it became much more realistic to achieve with the media and the internet.

They gave it a try during the last presidential election, even though they didn't go all out, I guess they were just testing the waters this time, video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaMaeNK_gqs

>>2168756
You're an idiot.
>>
>>2168969
>lmao I'm famous and richâ„¢ vote the way I tell you

communist revolution can't come soon enough
>>
>>2168976
You're a fool if you think communism would fix that, if anything it'll make the idea of propoganda absolute, there won't be a need to beating around the bush.

With as many problems as we currently face, one of our stronger points is that we can see through the bullshit like in the video I posted, the actions we can take are a different story however.
>>
>>2168985
i just want rich smug people to be shot by proletarian brigades
>>
>>2168959
"Gamification" is already a very real thing companies do.
>>
>>2168964
topkek.jpg
>>
>>2168964
That's not as far fetched as it may seem.
Pokemon Go is a perfect example of how augmented reality games are capable of influencing to do things IRL.
There have already been stampedes and mass brawls over that game.
Imagine some devious company exploiting that for it's own means.

>>2168989
If you think that what we have now is gamification, just wait until work turns into play time and you have to grind credits flipping burgers so you can afford to open more chests at Walmart.
From a psychological standpoint, that stuff is literally like drugs.
The human mind simply does not have the capacity to distinguish between what is real and what is not, so games are the perfect way to manipulate people into behaving how you want by rewarding desired behaviour and punishing undesired behaviour.

What we see now is jackshit compared to what will happen if technology advances while human society degenerates.
>>
>>2168851
Hillary supporters are actually those that embodie it the most
>>
>>2168551
Future? Please this shit has been going since forever. Pic related
>>
>>2169622
Holy shit lol

wtf I love /pol/ now
>>
>>2168969
>You're an idiot
Nope
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.