[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was German intelligence so terrible in WW2? Did the German

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Wilhelm_Canaris.jpg (13KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelm_Canaris.jpg
13KB, 220x325px
Why was German intelligence so terrible in WW2? Did the German autism prevent the necessary social skills to build a proper intelligence network?
>>
That and Canaris actively hated the Nazi party and did his best to undermine them.
>>
is canaris an actual German surname

Seems greek
>>
>>2168221
This guy!
>>
uppers in the german general staff,hitlers door keepers goering,failed to sift intel that was accurately presented to them,dismissed because hitler did not wnt to hear the news
example german blimp was sent to meander the brit coast on the eve of the BoB, the flight was to see how well the brits had adopted & used RADAR. the guy,in wolfgang martisnis' signal corp radioed the worng position to france coastal HQ, brit girls at monitoring stations were listening the whole time,and tempted to give the guy his true position,but kept their counsel,fortunately. bad weather fog and his bad mapping put him further in than he realized,he crashed into a tree,wrenching his back quite badly.
he did get back to HQ
wrote out a report,sent it to goering who dismissed it being sure his luftwaffe could deal easily with the RAF, severe luftwaffe losses followed this.

reinhard gehlen ( he was no nazi)
headed the fremdeherre ost,,foreign service east,gehles sources gathered info that said ukranians hated stalin as a rule,because of his murderous police and agrarian reforms,general vlasov looked favorably on the german invasion of soviet russia,gehlen thought the ukranians allied with the wehrmacht could defeat stalins armies,gehlens advice & counsel was dismissed and treatment of all slavs as untermenchen prevailed./
>>
>Keitel testified abput the bravery of canaris
>and was then executed at the nuremburg trials
Good guys dont always win.
>>
>>2168227
/thread
>>
>>2168248

t. someone who only heard about him in a thread last week
>>
>germans
>intelligent
Pick one.
>>
The enigma machine was a pretty outstanding feat of you ask me
>>
>>2168221
they did have some pretty good opponents, the british being thorough, inventive and pretty bright.

a big part of the problem was that they had no real way of fact checing much of what was reported via the double cross network and much of what they were fed was real so as to validate the lies
>>
>>2168238
There was a hitlers henchmen documentary on him I'm pretty sure it said his grandfather was Italian
>>
>>2170089
Yep, and I'm thankful for it. The dude was great.
>>
>12 replies in 3 in 3 days
Looks like the boards dead boys.
>>
>>2168221
>German Autism XDDDD

Is this the dawn of a new epic meme of 2017 i see?
>>
>>2168221
They were great at the technical end (Enigma, Gestapo) but not so good at actual counter-intelligence.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.