[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Haven't You Accepted the Teachings of the Sermon on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: screenshot.png (292KB, 845x469px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
292KB, 845x469px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j-BGCy9aPU
>>
>>2167347
Hmmmm, *opens link*

let us check this out
>>
Well it's not really a series of moral commandments he was teaching people (such as things they should be doing). He was mostly telling the sick and poor that god would reimburse them for their shitty lives, either when the kingdom of god arrives in this world, or failing that, in the afterlife.

The only two moral commands in the beatitudes are to "be a peacemaker" and "show mercy". Add one or two more if you wish to count "desiring righteousness" and "being persecuted for righteousness".

He wasn't telling people to be poor and sick.
>>
>>2167367
>Well it's not really a series of moral commandments he was teaching people (such as things they should be doing). He was mostly telling the sick and poor that god would reimburse them for their shitty lives, either when the kingdom of god arrives in this world, or failing that, in the afterlife.

WRONG.

THANKS FOR NOT GETTING IT, PLEB.
>>
>>2167369
Well, I guess you refuted me.

Well done.
>>
>>2167371
APOLOGIES BUT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THE SELECTION OF POOR AND SICK IS SPECIFIC, IT HAS A PURPOSE, IT IS NOT SIMPLY A MEANS BY WHICH TO GAIN FOLLOWERS.
>>
>>2167382
Well I wasn't trying to say that if I did.

But saying one shouldn't abuse the poor and weak because god has a special place for them in his heart, is no guarantee that people will cease to do those things. It may give people a new respect for the lowest of humanity, if such an idea of respecting the vulnerable never occurred to them before; but people can easily interpret that as a mere endorsement of the status quo.

Besides, Jesus already covered that by pleading for people to "show mercy".
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.