[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always see people nowadays talking about the Middle East as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 4789-004-60DFAD69.jpg (199KB, 629x449px) Image search: [Google]
4789-004-60DFAD69.jpg
199KB, 629x449px
I always see people nowadays talking about the Middle East as though its radical Muslims, violence, and instability are all almost a result of themselves. That is, their religion just became or perhaps always was this radical by itself, that its hatred of the West is similarly natural, that its incompatibility with ideals of Western civilization and the United States is similarly natural.

However, is there really just no reason that this part of the world and this culture became this way? I ask because I am not super well-versed in world history, but I seem to remember quite a bit of European intervention following the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in the early-mid 20th century. More specifically, that Europe sort of 'propped up' the remains of the Ottoman empire and then eventually just withdrew this artificial stability? I don't remember exactly.

Main point is that I'm not trying to sympathize with the Middle East and all of its detested attributes and cultures and people, and I'm not trying to say who is to blame. I am only asking- is all of the terrorism, the instability, the radical Islam, and the hatred of the West in the Middle East only the 'fault' of the region, or is there some crucial history behind the region and its relationship to the West that might better explain its many problems?

Note that I really am coming at this with an impartial view. I see people online always talk shit about Islam and its incompatibility with the West, but I am wondering if perhaps this region and its ideals and its issues are a part of a 'bigger picture' of Western intervention rather than only an inherently destructive ideology.
>>
File: 1476215679953.jpg (25KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
1476215679953.jpg
25KB, 252x276px
If you wanna have a discussion about the Sykes–Picot Agreement, then just say it.

No need to sugar-coat it.
>>
The middle east has always needed major islamic powers to bring stability and unity and still does
>>
>>2166587
Those people are idiots
Its fucked because of
1. Turkish cleansing of Mutazilites
2. The British
3. Americans thinking they can take over where the british left off
4. Baathism failing
>>
>>2166587
I SWEAR TO GOD IT ALWAYS GETS BIGGER IN THESE PICS
>>
File: 14685003913652.jpg (18KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
14685003913652.jpg
18KB, 480x452px
>>2166605
>Baathism failing
PAN
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.