[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a gothic army enters your province and starts sieging your favourite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1448064735579.jpg (138KB, 427x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448064735579.jpg
138KB, 427x800px
a gothic army enters your province and starts sieging your favourite city, what do you do?
>>
>>2165563
Welcome our new overlords
>>
>>2165563
Open the gates and let them in
>>
don't negotiate, keep fighting against overwhelming numbers then take a trip to Rome with some of my grizzled veterans

make an impassioned plea in the senate to create a standing army with limits on generals to assuage fears of the army being used for political purposes, not only appeal to patriotism but subtly question their masculinity so if they do not contribute it will be seen as a sign of weakness

create 4 classes of legionary, engineers, archers, infantry and cavalry

because there is not much time, they will be initially levied from the countryside like normal troops and given only a few weeks drilling, each with their own local commander, these commanders select a suitable competent general and swear an oath to obey him for the duration of the campaign while the general stakes his reputation on his success, listening to subordinates and maintaining a high degree of professionalism to achieve victory

promise soldiers, officers and contributing landowners any loot they can capture plus a share of the land liberated if the previous occupants have been killed

return to the province and spar with the goths, only engaging in battle if we have the upper hand, because Rome has control of the med, supplying our tropps is easier and so the Goths will either have to attack us in a defensible position or retreat, if they lose the battle we will immediately follow their retreating army into Gothic lands making use of lighter troops for raiding so as not to risk our core of infantry, if they retreat from the province we will have to prepare supply routes inland to challenge them in the same way, possibly down the Danube

that is how I'd do it
>>
Hire this guy
>>
>Oh fug, the smell!
>Wait patiently for typhus to eat away at their ranks
>Offer them fake relics to go home
>couldbeworse.jpg
>>
>>2165563
What year is it?

This is important
>>
>>2165667
>>
>>2165696
In that case, harass them as long as they choose to siege while asking the Emperor for aid. If they keep sieging, which the Goths were never particularly good at, they will be whittled down and made easier prey by the time the Emperor arrives. If they choose to abandon the siege, continue harassing and skirmishing them as long as they continue to stay in the province. Either way, they can choose to flee, or fight the Emperor, who, as long as he keeps proper control of his army, and understands the importance of cavalry, should have minimal trouble in routing the army.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.