[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did people study before Universities were turned into daycares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1480817852426.png (128KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1480817852426.png
128KB, 500x370px
How did people study before Universities were turned into daycares for alchoholic sex-addicts? For example, what would an average day be like for somebody studying law in 1824 France?
>>
Putting a bunch of relatively young people in the same place will have similiar results no matter the time. Students have always had somewhat wild lives during their studies.
>>
>>2160530
This, in medieval time, the faculty and students of universities could be so unruly that the local population would drive them out.
>>
>>2160536
Apparently in the 14th century students in at the University of Paris were under the jurisdiction of the King only, because of technicalities in the French legal system. They had a reputation as being essentially a criminal gang.
>>
>>2160517
>1824 France

A young-adult gathering ground of learning for alcoholic sex-addicts.
>>
>>2160517
Is this what college is like for normies? Wow, I feel a lot better about myself
>>
>>2160565
Everyone I know is a hollow shell that does finance homework and fantasizes about drinking crap beers and watching football. That's it. I can't have an actual conversation with any of them.
>>
>>2160517
>you will never share a maid with your fellow students and enjoy gratification with her
>>
I dont remember where I read this but apparently it was common for students to live with maids who took care of them and sometimes fucked them, kinda like Fantine in Les Mis. This of course didnt last after they finished their studies.
>>
>>2160627
Its ok
>>
>>2160555
In Bologna The >Holy >Roman >Emperor gave the students the ability to govern themselves and in Paris for example:
In 1269, we hear that a frequent and continual complaint has gone the rounds that there are in Paris some students and scholars … who under the pretence of leading the scholarly life, more often perpetrate unlawful and criminal acts relying on their weapons, by day and night, to atrociously wound or kill many persons, rape women, oppress virgins, break into inns, also repeatedly commit robberies and other enormities hateful to God.
Lynn Thorndike, University Records and Life in the Middle Ages (New York: Columbia University Press, 1944), p. 78.
>>
>>2160517
>before Universities were turned into daycares for alchoholic sex-addicts

hehehehehehehehe
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.