[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How true is the following...? The left vs right dichotomy is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: justice.jpg (84KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
justice.jpg
84KB, 465x700px
How true is the following...?

The left vs right dichotomy is very simple:

If you believe in deontological ethics and free will, then you're libertarian right
If you believe in consequentialism and determinism, then you're authortarian left
>>
>>2160016
I don't think determinism/free will has any relation. Could you explain why you think it is related?
>>
File: Bugs-Bunny-smokes-small.jpg (8KB, 165x204px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs-Bunny-smokes-small.jpg
8KB, 165x204px
>>2160016
Not true at all.

The left right-dichotomy comes from the French revolution. Those on the left supported more egalitarian policies (e.g. constitution, equal rights etc), those on the right were more in favor of hierarchy.

This is why centrist left supported stuff like a constitutional monarchy, regular to far left supported the abolition of monarchy and those on the ultra left (i.e. left of Robespierre) were proto-communists who also opposed the inequality and hierarchy brought about by private property.
>>
It's simpler than that.

If you believe in the status quo, the establishment, the patriarchy, whatever, above your personal and family needs, you're right wing.

If you believe in your personal and family needs above the status quo, the establishment, the patriarchy, whatever, you're left wing.
>>
>>2160284

Right and left: king and country, respectively.
>>
>>2160218

Some people think real free will is the freedom to choose something you wouldn't choose.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.