[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did snowniggers not get scurvy? The Iberians, Italians,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1481944402908.png (163KB, 1400x1630px) Image search: [Google]
1481944402908.png
163KB, 1400x1630px
How did snowniggers not get scurvy?

The Iberians, Italians, and Greeks can grow oranges and other fruits in their climate
>>
>>2159167
Our harsh climate allowed only the toughest of genes to survive
>>
>>2159167
I can't wait for communism, autists who make shit like this should rightfully be killed.
>>
>>2159167
They had all kinds of berries that had vitamin C. Cloud berries, lingon berries, raspberries, blueberries and so forth.

They made alcohol out of them and would drink it in winter.
>>
>>2159167
we wuz
>>
>>2159167
Plenty of fresh food has all the vitamin C you could need normally. Its just that ship food tended to not have fresh food, instead it had stuff that didnt spoil during the trip.
>>
Apples, cabbage

There's actually a species in the brassica (cabbage) family called "scurvy-grass," it grows all the Northern climate: UK, Scandinavia, all the way up to East Asia. It tastes like horseradish, but it has huge amounts of vitamin C
>>
>>2159177
Winters in the north are milder due to Gulf Stream and the ocean generally
Though meds do have better climate for agriculture and civilization generally
>>
>>2159167
Lettuce has vitamin C.
I'm not sure if it can grow in the north, i'd have to ask my friend who's an agriculture major.
>>
File: Europe from the East.jpg (512KB, 1536x970px) Image search: [Google]
Europe from the East.jpg
512KB, 1536x970px
>>2159298

Not really.
The Northern plain is way better for agriculture.
>>
>>2159309
lol
precisely there the soil is crap compared to the more internal parts of the continent
climate in northern europe is too 2 season like - mild winters + cool summers

there's a reason why earli civilzations in europe existed where they did
>>
>>2159357

Yes, the Mediterranean sea.
>>
>>2159394
+ black soil, if you go even further back to the very earliest european civilzation on the balkans
chernozem is the most fertile soil in the world
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.