[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone who is smarter and more qualified than me explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: gender chart.png (247KB, 700x569px) Image search: [Google]
gender chart.png
247KB, 700x569px
Can someone who is smarter and more qualified than me explain the warrants for the claim: "Gender is independent of sex" ?
>>
>>2158951
>the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
Basically sex is real. Gender is spooks. Spooks being based on something real doesn't make them not spooks.
>>
>>2158954
gender roles =/= gender?
>>
>>2158951
I don't understand this. Gender is dependent on genital, not a mindset. I think the chart is confusing gender with preference.
>>
>>2158963
Take it up with the dictionary company if you think that to be the case.
>>
>>2158981
The chart is designed to mock trans people, not put forward a serious position.
>>
For femminists, sex is biological and gender is psychological

I think

Which is really fucking sexist desu
>>
Okay so the idea, at least the way that I understand it, is that sex is biological and absolute, while gender is a social construct.

Let me just say, that doesn't make gender invalid or irrelevant (at least I don't think so), it just means that it's a product of societal conventions and can be different at different points in /his/tory and across different cultures. Some things are seen as masculine in some cultures and feminine in others, etc. All this really means is that people decide what gender is, while genetics determine what sex is.
>>
>>2158963
nope gender pretty much mean gender roles
>>
>>2159046
>its sexist to allow any sex to be any gender
Do you want everyone to be an androgynous unisex grayskin?
>>
>>2159069
This but people don't decide individually what gender they are, people decide what gender is, where "people" is "the current state of society".

Of course, you'll have people not conforming to the society's ideals of gender, but that doesn't mean that the societal norms are without weight.
>>
File: 1483038588609.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483038588609.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
>>2159148
>>
File: wJcsEsT.png (140KB, 381x448px) Image search: [Google]
wJcsEsT.png
140KB, 381x448px
>>2158954
Honestly one of the better breakdowns I've seen.
>>
>>2158951
>smarter and more qualified
kek, but imo this whole gender identity thing is just another way for boring people with low self-esteem to feel interesting and special by labelling themselves as some unique snowflake gender that has to be respected. Like when people dye their hair stupid colors or get prominent tattoos/piercings, it's all just a cry for attention from people who hate themselves deep down.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.