[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Much of US history is divided into pre-Civil War and post-Civil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 14118786.jpg (67KB, 598x250px) Image search: [Google]
14118786.jpg
67KB, 598x250px
Much of US history is divided into pre-Civil War and post-Civil War, seen as a turning point for the direction of the nation.

What will be the new divisive event in US history? My money's on 9/11. I think in 100 years textbooks will discuss the pre-9/11 and post-9/11 eras.
>>
>>2152984
Probably the Mexican takeover. Actually not just probably, it's pretty much guaranteed.
>>
>>2152987
>>>>"""""takeover"""""

I have yet to know a second-generation Mexican who gives a flying fuck about Mexico. Most of them actively avoid even using Spanish when English is an option.
>>
>>2152984
Probably WW2. Heck we basically already do that.
>>
>>2152984
9/11 changed the world as a whole, but yeah definitely. They already do so in newer editions of US history textbooks.
>>
>>2153010

Lmao where do you live? All of the Mexicans in California have intense Mexican pride. When I was in high school the Mexicans on my soccer team routinely used Spanish to communicate with each other and rooted for the Mexican national team over the USMNT
>>
>>2153010
Arizona here and you have no idea what you're talking about. Let me guess you live on the East Coast?
>>
>>2153047
well it is the only part of America that matters
>>
>>2153055
You don't really have Mexicans there was my point. You'll start to see it once they constitute the majority in your cities.
>>
>>2153057
Not the other guy but I've lived in NYC all my life and I don't have a bad thing to say about the Mexicans, they work their asses off and are mostly okay people, they must be total shitheads in the rest of the country.
>>
>>2152984

So, what has 9/11 changed in the US?
>>
>>2153059
What does them working have to do with the topic at hand which is the US will undergo a gigantic demographic and cultural shift?
>>
>>2153066
Well nothing I guess. But I assumed most of the animosity towards them came from their reputation of running meth in the southwest.
>>
>>2153073
They mostly run heroin actually.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.