[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This question has probably been asked here a hundred times already,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1434398160016.jpg (317KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1434398160016.jpg
317KB, 550x535px
This question has probably been asked here a hundred times already, but I'd prefer to have a live discussion about it;

If mankind and everything we know is merely a spec, to be imminently destroyed and forgotten in the history of everything, what purpose is there to anything at all?

I only have pepes, sorry.
>>
hardcore hedonism

but it makes religious people butthurt for some reason
>>
What of mankind? Honor your father and mother. Select your friends. Choose a nice wife. That's it.
>>
>>2152433
I was thinking something like this, it's really the only thing that can escape logic but usually requires something to achieve it like money requiring labor, and for someone so disenfranchised with life in general labor is a miserable trade-off for a glorified drug binge of hedonistic activities

>>2152444

I was also thinking that, but then I realized my family that already exists and the one I will go on to create don't matter any more than a single grain of sand on a beach. Why bother?
>>
We are inevitabilities of infinity. Chance dictates reality. Boring stable things are common and repetitious, yet chance does allow for technicality as a rarity. So, as scarcity creates value, technicality is valuable. We should attempt to create the most technical construction possible, of the grandest scale and minutest detail. We continue that until we can defeat infinity and allow the universe to die.
>>
>>2152427
Why take it all so seriously?

Why worry about things outside of your control?
>>
>>2152531
That's really the only thing we can ever achieve, isn't it?

Somehow breaking our bestial ways of violence and instead of repeating our history as we have been, uniting or otherwise diverting the majority of our efforts toward finding the "end" of science and reality as we know it.

Is there an end? Is there any limit to what we can learn and explore? Or is it more of a time limit which we have to understand our universe before it fizzles out and the process is started all over again?

I'm sorry for being so cryptic; what I really mean to ask is to what end can we transcend all of these universes within universes within simulations if at all to any sort of meaningful "end" ? Just the sheer scale of possibilities is so discouraging that I wonder if it's pointless.
>>
>>2152546
I suppose it's just a natural way of thinking to stop doing what I am in this moment and look forward toward the ultimate result of my time here on this planet. If what I do now has no real effect in the future, why would I want to suffer the displeasure of experiencing it at all?
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (110KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
110KB, 564x846px
Give, but give until it hurts.
>>
>>2152548

Don't consider yourself separate from the universe, you are a part of it. You must exist, here as you are. For infinity demands it, if you aren't here now then you will be in another universe. You occupy this space of infinity. Only you. Nothing else can, for if they did it would not be you. Also nothing you do can stop you from being you. Even death, for you will always exist in time past, and again aeons from now within the cycles of infinity.
>>
>>2152615
If that were true, the infinite amounts of my previous self would be here to comfort me. But if your thinking is correct then one may never know of the other, defeating the comforting thought of immortality through infinity.
>>
>>2152635

Your 'self' is only the memories you've gained in your lifetime, with some hard coded instinct. Think of consciousness as a singular force of the universe, a field that is only reactive to technical, precise circumstances like those within the brain (probably electromagnetic). The only reason the field doesn't seem singular is because we have only a weak connection to it that can't be connected between us. So don't think specifically about all the instances of your specific mentality, but the expansion of all consciousness as a whole.
>>
>>2152467
If they matter to you, then enjoy the time you have with them. Thete doesn't have yo be a greater meaning to anything. Live for youself and what/who you care about on a personal level.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.