[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got an amazon gift card for christmas /his/ Can anyone reccomend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

Got an amazon gift card for christmas /his/

Can anyone reccomend a good all-round book on the Punic Wars? Also general book rewccomend thread, I'll contribute what I can
>>
>>2151939

Are you opposed to book piracy, anon?
>>
>>2151997
I'd rather not desu but if there is some must-have piece of writing attainable via piracy I'll do it
>>
>>2151939
Pic related isnt a bad starting point
>>
>>2152479
i second this, but i'll post some pics with other related books
>>
>>2152510
>>
>>2152513
>>
File: albertini-set[1].jpg (183KB, 1000x490px) Image search: [Google]
albertini-set[1].jpg
183KB, 1000x490px
sorry OP, punic wars are out of my field.

as to the book recommendations though, i highly recommend pic related for anyone interested in the diplomatic and political build up to WWI. the depth of information in them is honestly nothing short of amazing and i can't recommend it enough.

the author, luigi albertini, was a member of the italian government and a newspaper editor during WWI and thus was farmiliar with a number of important people of the time and had a uniquely wide amount of sources to draw from. the book is >90% primary sources and includes a ton of correspondence between him and figures like wilhelm II and the austrian foreign minister at the start of WWI.

note: this is one of those books you definitely have to do some background reading for. i don't mean to be pretentious by saying that, the author assumes you know a LOT about the period.

probably the most mindblowing history book i've ever read, i'll preach this shit like the gospel.
>>
>>2152538
The Price of Glory by Alistair Horne is also a pretty good book on WW1
>>
A book about the cold war?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.