[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that livestock farming will never be constituted conventionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: p21-hesse-meat-b-20140824.jpg (311KB, 2031x1341px) Image search: [Google]
p21-hesse-meat-b-20140824.jpg
311KB, 2031x1341px
Why is it that livestock farming will never be constituted conventionally as the biggest massacre caused by mankind?
>>
They are non sentient beings that we will ensure do not fall victim to natural selection.
>>
I love meat as much as the next guy but when I think about it it truly is unsettling that we raise an entire species with the sole intention of eating them on an industrial scale.

Oh well tis life.
>>
>>2148704
I love eating meat too, but at the same time I believe animals deserve to at least die with some form of dignity.
>>
>>2148696
Because humans don't attribute animals with the same rights as they attribute humans with. When then Hitler - a vegetarian and animal rights activist - comes and gives humans a taste of their own medicine, they get all mad though.
>>
>>2148700
>They are non sentient beings
proofs?
>>
>>2148696
I can't wait for the day anteaters have to face their punishment in The Hague. Those poor ants.
>>
File: oxygen_catastrophe_001.png (115KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
oxygen_catastrophe_001.png
115KB, 400x299px
Mankind is saint compared to real monsters.
>>
File: never forget.png (503KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
never forget.png
503KB, 662x662px
>>2149484
#OxygenHolocaust
>>
>>2149466
They do not meet the necessary criteria for being considered sapient/sentient
>>
>>2149641
sapient and sentient are not the same thing
which criteria for sentience are you using?
>>
>>2149645
Not him, I picked up the other anon's argument under the assumption he was confusing sentience and sapience.

Animals are sentient but not sapient, which I thought was what the anon was trying to communicate.
>>
File: mikakunin_012.jpg (30KB, 400x346px) Image search: [Google]
mikakunin_012.jpg
30KB, 400x346px
>>2149484
Man, those are top-notch movie titles. Or VN titles:

ACTION OF CYANOBACTERIA: RISE OF THE EUKARYOTES

DECLINE OF THE ANAEROBIC ENVIRONMENTS

DECLINE 2 - OBLIGATE FERMENTERS
>>
>>2149491
2/10

The oxygen was already on Earth though.

Cyanobacteria didn't fuse lighter elements or split heavier elements to create it.
>>
>>2149650
Dogs/cats aren't sapient, shouldn't we be killing them enmasse?

Since every other non-humans are non sapient by current definition, slaughter of those animal should be without any issue.
>>
>>2148696
I have a feeling that it will be, in a few centuries give or take.
>>
>>2149668
>shouldn't we be killing them enmasse?

Are they edible? Does the current economy demand we eat them?
>>
>>2149484
Were it not for these guys we would literally never exist because our cellular biology is based on using oxygen as a energy producing resource, the life on this world would be completely alien to our biochemistry had this never happened in the first place.
>>
>>2148696
>animals
>massacre

OK then
>>
>>2148713
>die with some form of dignity
Hunted to death in sheer terror of their lives?
>>
>>2149679
Cats/dogs are edible, people in china/vietnam have been eating them for thousands of years.

>economy
Its more economical to live a vegetarian life style, not to mention healthier and less problems with obesity and its associated diseases.
>>
>>2149668
>Dogs/cats
>>2149679
>Are they edible?
FUCK YEAH

HELLO CHINA
>>
ITT: Rich peoiple problems

Choosing to eat certain foods because of some bullshit morality spook in your brain and not eating whatever you can get your fucking hands on because you are starving is a RICH PERSON PROBLEM.
>>
>>2149668
No because human can choose which ever is "ethical" to be eaten or not.
>>
>>2149668
It's economically unviable and their meat tastes like shit. There are no moral qualms in killing them though whatsoever, despite what those peta faggots say.
>>
>>2149727
If it was legal to do so, I'd kill you and eat you. I have no moral qualms about it. Though I'm not rich.
>>
>>2149668
No, they are more useful as pet, help animal, pest control etc.
>>
>>2148696
Because it's exactly what makes mankind mankind, doofus
>>
>>2149746
So there we have it. Its not because economics or morals or sapience, but rather the usefulness as tools.
>>
>>2148696
I'm sure that it will, say, 250 years from now when we lose our dependency on meat for nutrition and start consuming the nutrients directly.
>>
>>2148696
Why are first worlders such pussies?
Is it the water full of estrogen like /pol/ told me?
>>
>>2149722

Retarded argument. At least when they're hunted they have a chance to escape.
>>
>>2148696
Because you can only massacre humans you vegan retard.
>>
>>2148713
Dignity is literally a human concept, animals know no such thing.
>>
>>2148700
They're not that sentient*
/thread
>>
>>2150371
This.
>Dignity
Fuck off. They'd settle for little pain and fear.
>>
>>2148696
Animal right people are at it again.
Your question belongs on /pol/ but then you're not likely to get a good answer.
>>
>>2149668
>shouldn't we be killing them enmasse?
No, because
>not being sapient does not mean that it categorically has to be killed
>I love my doggo and don't want to eat him
>China already eats dogs, doing this would be nothing new for humans
>>
>>2149743
good thing law exists
>>
>>2148696
Because you are a faggot
>>
It's not something that is all that important I care more about humans getting food at an affordable price. I am sort of speciesist like that.
>>
File: IMG_0037.jpg (111KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.jpg
111KB, 353x500px
As long as there are slaughter houses there will always be battlefields.
>>
>>2151143
nope
>>
File: IMG_0038.png (266KB, 504x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.png
266KB, 504x627px
Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
>>
mas·sa·cre
ˈmasəkər/
noun
an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of people.
"the attack was described as a cold-blooded massacre"
synonyms: slaughter, wholesale/mass slaughter, indiscriminate killing, mass murder, mass execution, annihilation, liquidation, decimation, extermination; More
verb
deliberately and violently kill (a large number of people).
synonyms: slaughter, butcher, murder, kill, annihilate, exterminate, execute, liquidate, eliminate, decimate, wipe out, mow down, cut down, put to the sword, put to death; literaryslay
"thousands were brutally massacred"

Keyword: people.
>>
Nothing unethical about a necessary practice.
>>
>>2148696
Who fucking cares about some cows you mong, the real issue is the fact that animal agriculture is a wasteful land use that negatively impacts people and is contributing to methane in the atmosphere

t. Vegan for reasons entirely unrelated to "muh poor piggie fee fees :((("
>>
>>2151180
well this is off topic from thread's intentional message.
Assume OP read the word massacre off from wikipedia.
>>
>>2149738
>and their meat tastes like shit.
How would you know this?
>>
>>2148696
Because how else are you going to feed 6 billion people?
>>
>>2152589
what the fuck planet are you on?
>>
>>2152389
I tried dog it was shit
>>
>>2149746
>>2149969
Exactly, this is also why cows are treated as equals or greaters in certain indian cultures, because historically they were worth more alive than dead as ploughs.
>>
>>2152389

Carnivorous mammals tend to have worse meat for eating.
>>
>>2148696
And is farming the massacre of plants?
>>
>>2153290
I want you to think very carefully about the word "massacre" ad then ask yourself whether it can be applied to farming.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.