[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a scale of 1-10 how badly do you think you'd be able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: frankpaddyslavin2.jpg (41KB, 690x660px) Image search: [Google]
frankpaddyslavin2.jpg
41KB, 690x660px
On a scale of 1-10 how badly do you think you'd be able to rek an old timey pugilist if you went back in time and used modern boxing techniques on them?
>>
>>2144976
Depends, is the fight bare knuckled or gloved?
>>
>>2144979

Whats the outcome of both?
>>
>>2144976
>tfw going back in time and using modern technique created the modern technique itself..
>>
>>2144993
If the fight is bare knuckled, then the old timey pugilists would probably fuck up a modern day boxer. Bare knuckle boxing is a totally different game, most of the striking is done with the wrist bone rather than the knuckle, you can't hit as hard for fear of breaking your hand, etc...

But if it was gloved, then the modern day boxer would really fuck him up. Hell, a modern day boxer would obliterate a boxer from the 1970's; most people don't realize how fast marshal arts evolve.
>>
File: sweating.jpg (48KB, 537x738px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
48KB, 537x738px
>>2145043

>ali was trained by conor mcgregor
>>
>>2145049
>...most of the striking is done with the wrist bone
I think be ment bare knuckle as in like a street fight without gloves on
In both cases I think the modern boxer probably has the edge, has been trained to use a variety of combos, does way more cardio, and has the benefit of modern weightlifting, nutrition, juicing,
ask your self if you think Tyson couldn't whomp on his ass.
>>
>>2145067
>conor mcgregor
So he was trained by a manlet amateur boxer that didn't cut it to the amateur circuit?
>>
>>2145049
Even if the fight was bareknuckled, them old drunken bastards didn't have a method of offense and defense on the body.

Seriously, every bit of material I've read on the subject gives barely any mention to body blows being thrown, with virtually every fight a matter of head hunting and clinching.

Of course, this can't be said with utmost certainty without original footage of the matter, but modern footage of Irish Bare-knuckle fights today display the EXACT same process as I describe.

A modern boxer out of a proper gym will know as much how to fuck up the body as the head. Give some solid blows to the liver, lungs, and solar plexus, and I think they can easily be a match against ol' John L. Sullivan
>>
Me personally or a trained boxer? I'd get my ass kicked, the boxer, probably not.
>>
>>2144976
They'd absolutely rek you unless you play by modern rules, in which case you'd absolutely rek them (I mean a skilled amateur or better, certainly not the average 4chan poster).
>>
>>2145099
gimme yar belt!
harf harf harf harf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzKTK0024kw
>>
File: 1467744490524.jpg (105KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467744490524.jpg
105KB, 960x1280px
>>2144976
>do you think you'd be able to rek an old timey pugilist
I'm a waify poncey dandy who spends 14 hours a day in bed
>>
>>2145049
Honestly I think a modern boxer would win the fight but break his fucking hands, ala Mike Tyson.
>>
>>2144976
In bare-knuckle fighting, the Pugilst would beat the Boxer any day of the week.
People massively underestimate how painful it is to actually punch anything. If a boxer fucks up a single punch, then he's gonna be basically incapacitated long enough for the pugilist to take him out
>>
>>2144976
Pugilism back in the day was a fairly straightforward deal. Two men stood in front of each other and punched until one cried uncle. They tended to use a lot more body shots since punching the head could break their hands, but yeah.

Modern boxing footwork and movement would easily outmaneuver them. For example, a boxer of the time, Daniel Mendoza had a pretty good record because he actually moved around while fighting. Mendoza was a champ in the late 1700s so I suppose it would depend on what period of boxing you'd pluck the pugilist from. By the 1800s, most boxers were familiar with defensive techniques.

>>2145561
Read up on Daniel Mendoza. He's the original "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".
>>
>>2146560
You act like boxers haven't fought on with a broken hand before. This conception of ye olde pugilists possessing some lost art needs to die. Pugilism back then was very primitive compared to the intricacies of today.

Of course the older sort would have a puncher's chance but the dynamic of a fight does not change so drastically once the gloves come off. He's still stodgy and rigid with a dumbass stance.
>>
File: feitosa.jpg (19KB, 454x394px) Image search: [Google]
feitosa.jpg
19KB, 454x394px
>>2146560
>People massively underestimate how painful it is to actually punch anything.
I think you're overestimating it a touch. I've done a few years of kyokushin and body punches don't really hurt you at all unless you twist your wrist.
>>
>>2146585
The boxer is not used to the force of a bare-knuckle punch. There's no "special technique" to it, it's just that pugilists are much more rugged than boxers. You cannot claim that a boxing glove hurts as much as fucking knuckles
That and the fact that boxers would be a lot less familiar with bare-knuckle boxing
>>
if you actually knew boxing techniques of course you could rekt them. But none of us are actually boxers or know much about modern technique
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.