[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What country are you from? How is your countries history portrayed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 28

File: G2A.png (334KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
G2A.png
334KB, 800x499px
What country are you from?
How is your countries history portrayed in your schools?

Sweden;
>Nyköping Banquet; Birger starves his brothers Valdemar and Erik to death in the dungeon of the Castle of Nyköping.
>Kalmar Union
>Christian the Tyrant
>The Stockholm Bloodbath
>Gustav Vasa frees Sweden from Danish occupation and becomes the first King of Sweden
>Fast forward
>Gustav II Adolf; doesn't go into any real detail about his achievements or reforms, nothing about Breitenfeld. "He died at Lützen, the end."
>Fast forward, practically nothing about the Swedish Empire
>Karl XII; loses at Poltava. Most I know believes he died there, nothing about his time in the Ottoman Empire or his death at Fredrikshamn.
>Sweden loses the Baltic
>Sweden becomes a republic
>Karl XIII participates in the Battle of Leipzig, invades and absorbs Norway
>Sweden grants Norway autonomy in 1905
>"We did absolutely nothing between 1900 and 1945"
>>
>>2144540
>What country are you from?

What?
>>
>>2144540
This is the most depressing thing I've heard today. The Swedes ruled Europe for 50 years and had the strongest army in Europe for 100. Their accomplishments were brilliant. Oxenstierna was the greatest man to ever have lived. As an American, I am saddened to hear that your schools have chosen to ignore the greatest accomplishments of your country. The Goths made all of Europe tremble, as Moscow, Warsaw, Berlin and Copenhagen all fell at some point to Swedish arms. So glorious. Such a shame.

Here, where you live determines what perspective on American history you get. In more liberal areas, it's all about how white people took everything from everyone and ought to be ashamed and how progressivism in an era of corruption ought to be the model for combating the same issues now that have been caused by an overextension of that same progressivism. Conservative areas have lessons that are very pro American and ignore most of her faults and wrongdoings. Opposite sides of the same coin. Negationism is great.
>>
>>2144546
What ain't no country I ever heard of.
>>
>>2144540
We wuz martyrs who always stood up for our freedom against strong invaders, and we will continue fighting to unify our peoples and lands unjustly taken from us by tyrannical powers.

Guess.
>>
>>2144738

That could be anything. Kurdistan, Lithuania, any Native American nation.
>>
File: 1465838352877.png (142KB, 425x382px) Image search: [Google]
1465838352877.png
142KB, 425x382px
>>2144714
>The Swedes ruled Europe for 50 years and had the strongest army in Europe for 100
You are wrong on both charges

At best we simply ruled the north and we never had an army strong enough to rival Russia.
>As an American
Well then shut up about thinks you don't know.
>as Moscow, Warsaw, Berlin and Copenhagen all fell at some point to Swedish arms
That never fucking happened

Now shut up and stop making a fool out of yourself
>>
File: 8rPsVv3.gif (700KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
8rPsVv3.gif
700KB, 500x270px
>>2144540
All I remember from school is that Danish people trough all of history have been a dishonest people one shouldn't trust who got their ass kicked when we walked over the the frozen sea and that Luther saved Europe from the Chatolic church who ran a scam scheme with indulgences and that I as a kid couldn't understand why anyone would follow a p2w religion.
>>
File: 1479503129160.gif (581KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1479503129160.gif
581KB, 500x282px
>>2144767
Exactly.
Serb.
>>
File: af7.png (43KB, 288x302px) Image search: [Google]
af7.png
43KB, 288x302px
Brief history of Finland (after the Hyper War, naturally):
>Before 1100: literally nothing happened. Ever.
>1100-1809: Finland becomes Sweden's backyard. Also nothing happens.
>1809-1917: Sweden gets into a fight with Russia because Russia is bffs with Napoleon but Sweden hates him. Russia marches their troops to Finland just to see if they can. They can indeed as the Swedes give it up pretty much without a fight. So they decide to keep it.
>1917-1939: The communists seize power in Russia, so the top brass of Finland go see Lenin and ask if we can please be a country now. Lenin says yes, figuring that Finland will just become communist as well and join the USSR. We celebrate our independence by immediately having a civil war, between the nationalists and the communists. Oops, it seems we killed all of the gommies in the war. So we don't join the USSR. The nationalists that are in power also turn Finland into a kingdom for like two weeks just to piss off the social democrats, but the German to-be-king pussies out and is never crowned. So we say it was just a prank.
>1939-1945: FUCKING RUSSIANS GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY REEEEE
>1946-2008: Finland goes from a poor agrarian shithole into a developed country scoring top marks in almost all metrics of national performance. To this day no one is sure how.
>2008-2016: Spurdo invented. Recession begins and the country goes down the shitter. At least we have easy neetbux.
>>
>>2144778
>You are wrong on both charges
Sweden had one of the biggest army in Europe after the 30 years war. They also had one of the most well trained armies at the beginning of the 1700 century

>At best we simply ruled the north and we never had an army strong enough to rival Russia.

You did. Russia was able to mobilize a larger army, but could not put all of it into action simultaneously.

>That never fucking happened

Sweden captured Moscow in 1610
Sweden capture Warsaw twice once in 1656, and again in 1705
the rest is false, Sweden laid siege to both berlin and copenhagen but they never made it into the city
>>
>>2144778
Ahem, Sweden manufactured the majority of the world's firearms at the time. They were the best equipped, trained, organized, and provisioned in Europe. They beat the Russians quite badly during the Ingrian War and the Second Northern War, and in fact the Russians couldn't even begin to compete until after the Petrine reforms following the crushing defeat at Narva.

In 1610 they retook Moscow on behalf of the Tsar. In 1656 Brandenburg swore fealty to the Swedish Crown after the Great Elector confronted by the Swedish Royal Army in East Prussia and Karl X took Warsaw as well as the whole of Greater Poland. 1658 Karl took Copenhagen after marching across the frozen Baltic. So yes, all of that happened.

I teach Euro history, I know my shit. Now shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>2144778
It's so sad that Swede doesn't know his own history. No wonder the whole nation worships the brown cock.
>>
>>2144540
Brazil

>portugal stole our gold
>portugal were the bad guys
>a slave that escaped the farm and had his own slaves is a hero
>being a colony was bad
>being an empire was bad
>being a republic is awesome, much better than those elitists (still it bring us so much oligarchies and other problems...)
>being a dictatorship for the first time wasn't so bad
>back to democracy, not even a single good president
>back to dictatorship, but now we hate it because it killed 400 communists and torture others
>back to democracy with new republic, and oh its amazing, its so good
and not a single good president after getulio vargas and brazil isn't as good as our empire on the past
they don't teach you this in the school of course, because our school is extremely biased towards democracy and republic
>>
>>2144836
>1946-2008: Finland goes from a poor agrarian shithole into a developed country scoring top marks in almost all metrics of national performance. To this day no one is sure how.
Really? There has to be some reason though
>>
Britain

~50 AD: romans came and brought civilization

~1200: our medicine was worse than the muslims who were having an islamic golden age and we stole all their tech in the crusades

1700 to 1945: colonialism, slavery and imperialism, also ww2

this is literally all they taught us, my love of history came from video games and the internet
>>
>>2145026
ww2 was mainly about the rise of hitler and the holocaust of course
>>
File: 1481794349777.jpg (67KB, 581x434px) Image search: [Google]
1481794349777.jpg
67KB, 581x434px
WE WUZ EMPIRES N SHIEET
WE WUZ HITLER
WE WUZ FOREVER NEUTRAL (after soviets forced us, now everyone here has to love it)

guess which country
>>
>>2145026
This.

At least Whig history was fun.
>>
Canada
>colonization: muh noble savages
>deportation of the Acadians: the British did nothing wrong
>American Revolution: Quebec and Nova Scotia were the 2 colonies people ignore because they didn't join Georgie's chimpout
>War of 1812: we wuz militias and shieet
>Confederation: alcoholic moron John A. MacDonald takes Newfoundland's place at the Charlottetown Conference, fucks up everything. Canada eventually gains independence to more easily embezzle tax money to fund railroads run by MacDonald's friends
>the Red River Rebellion: Louis Riel was objectively wrong, but punishing him was still rayciss anyway
>the Boer Wars: dutchies BTFO
>WW1: Krauts BTFO, never forget the crucified soldier
>WW2: Krauts and dagos BTFO, never forget the 600 gorrillion
>modern day: we wuz keepin the peace and shieet
>>
>>2144784
>and that I as a kid couldn't understand why anyone would follow a p2w religion
I still don't get it desu. letters of indulgences has to be one of the best examples you can point to of just how corrupt organized religion can be. How do you bounce back from that?
>>
Finland
>Snowniggers
>Snowniggers labeled as swedes
>Civilized snowniggers labeled as autonymous citizens of Russian empire
>Independent Mongols killing each other in ideological fervor
>RUSSIANS REEE GET OUT
>OK WE GIVE UP TAKE THIS LAND RUSSIANS (reee)
>We be one of the best countries in the world now (:D)
>>
>>2144767
>kurdistan
Swedes love kurds because muh gommunism
>>
>>2144540
Brazil
>We wre colonized by Portugal
>We were slaveds
>We gain independence
>>
File: 40d.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
40d.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>2144778
>Now shut up and stop making a fool out of yourself

Wew. Everything you spewed out showed that you know nothing of your history, get a grip you pathetic mong. It's especially sad when i a finnish person know more about your history than you.
>>
File: 1440361231798.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1440361231798.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
>>2144540
I wish we even had anything of note about Sweden in history. In grade school we pretty much skipped everything between the iron age to the French revolution; i.e the bit where Swedish history happened.

My school was fucking atrocious when it came to history
>>
>>2145059
Well, our history is your history. Up to a point.
>>
>>2144540
Oh yeah, I forgot:
>The dutch stole our colony in America.
>>
>>2145059
cuck
>>
>>2144871
>Sweden captured Moscow in 1610
No, it was Russian-Swedish army and it didn't capture the city because Moscow was under control of the government and besieged by rebels.
>>
File: gon sidering the following.png (5KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
gon sidering the following.png
5KB, 415x416px
>>2145076
>He has larger knowledge of history on many subjects but since he knows of his own history his a cuck.

Wew

>>/pol/
>>/trash/
>>
>>2144949
indoctrination since birth desu
>>
>>2145086
sweden's history isn't yours, cuckboi
>>
Ireland

"We tried"
>>
File: charles-ii-of-spain_mainstory1.jpg (15KB, 468x326px) Image search: [Google]
charles-ii-of-spain_mainstory1.jpg
15KB, 468x326px
>>2145093
It actually is you dumbdumb. We were literally sweden Österland to be precise.
>>
File: usaflag.jpg (86KB, 1212x716px) Image search: [Google]
usaflag.jpg
86KB, 1212x716px
USA
>Muh noble savages
>Period of relative autonomy as colonies
>All of a sudden Brits being fucking TYRANTS
>Win the war alone (with France too...)
>War of 1812: Get BTFO but we still got a white peace!
>Ante bellum years: Politics were absolutely dominated by slavery and tariffs
>Civil War in the South: We fought nobly for states rights!
>Civil War in the North: We fought nobly to free the slaves!
>WWI: Why'd they ignore Wilson's 14 points ;-(
>WWII: An epic clash of Fascism vs Democracy (may have some vets come in)
>Korean/Vietnamese wars: War is truly hell, will have some vets come in
>Rest of the Cold War: We showed them Ruskies!
>Civil Rights: Naughty whites are stopped once and for all, racism is abolished
I missed some stuff and didn't really get into the more modern shit but that's because we don't really talk so much about it.
>>
>>2144714
>The Goths made all of Europe tremble, as Moscow, Warsaw, Berlin and Copenhagen all fell at some point to Swedish arms. So glorious. Such a shame.
I know you love the swedenYES! memes and all that and that's fine but how does glorifying war have any place in modern education? I always hear this. "You were so badass! The lion of the north maan! You used to be vikings!" It's like, yeah, and most other nations have had some succesful imperial/military period, but why would you paint that as a positive thing? It goes against all modern values.
>>
>>2145111
and why should we care about [current decade] values if all it has going for it is that it's the [current decade]
>>
>>2144871
>Sweden had one of the biggest army in Europe after the 30 years war
Because everyone else used up theirs
>They also had one of the most well trained armies at the beginning of the 1700 century
I never denied that
>You did. Russia was able to mobilize a larger army, but could not put all of it into action simultaneously.
Yet we where never able to beat them properly.
>Sweden captured Moscow in 1610. Sweden capture Warsaw twice once in 1656, and again in 1705
Your previous post made it sound like the Goths did all that.
>>2144878
Russia didn't lose any land to Sweden during the Second Northern War
>>
>>2145111
Why even resort to this it's the current year argumentation? Warfare is always glorified and it has always been seen as more or less glorious. Granted post 19th century warfare is far from glorious.
>>
>>2145111

i'm 99% sure you're either living or from stockholm, because only stockholm indoctrination can damage someone this hard
>>
>>2145116
>if all it has going for it is that it's the [current decade]
I'm simply saying that that period should be taught as it was. And what it was was warring states going at it for honor and glory. And that also brought with it mass death and hardship. And teaching it that way is not some biased way to teach it. It's simply how it was.
>>2145119
>Why even resort to this it's the current year argumentation?
Yeah I fucked up a bit there, I only meant that there's no reason to glorify the war when we know that it was not only that, but there was also a lot of needless suffering that came with it. That's not some conspiracy, it's just fact.
>>2145120
see you're just proving my point, you're so in love with the glory of past wars that when negative sides of it are brought up you instantly resort to conspiracy and that there must be some indoctrination going on. It's pathetic.
>>
>>2145130
You're so in love with beating yourself down that you're destroying your own nation, and your history. There's no other explanation but indoctrination for that kind of self-hatred
>>
>>2145134
No, I am simply reluctant to paint a black and white picture. And while I admire the fact that these great figures lay the foundation for my nation I will not turn a blind eye to the negative things that brought with it.
It is you who see the destruction of culture and indoctrination wherever you turn because you're looking through that lens.
>>
Denmark:
>vikings
>WE RULED ENGLAND
>Baltic crusades
>We owned Norway
>Christian IV fucks up everything but builds a lot of nice buildings in Copenhagen, loosing Eastern Denmark
>Failed colonization, we should apologize to the niggers
>We lost Norway
>We lost southern Denmark
>The nazi occupation

The occupation during WWII and the viking age is what most history teachers focus on.
>>
>>2145141
You're reluctant to paint you or your kin in a good picture because you're indoctrinated to feel bad about yourself and others like you in order to better fit into the mass immigration of thirld world savages
>>
>>2145157
Everything is related to mass immigration for you people isn't it? I know it makes you feel better about yourselves but it's getting to be really pathetic. It's hilarious to see your kneejerk reaction to everything that doesn't fit perfectly in with your narrow worldview. Just talking about deaths in a 400-year old war is enough to tie it back to [current year]. Please post more.
>>
>savage tribes run around butt naked and build forts on swamps
>christened by germans, germans invade immediately afterwards
>1000 years of wars with germans start
>some treaties
>on and off wars with other neighbours
>some treaties
>we wuz kangz n shiet, we got that woman-king how progressive
>some treaties
>safe haven to oy veys and minorities during times of persecution
>oy veys and minorities sell us out to every single invader ever
>some treaties
>we wuz messiahs and shiet
>luckily muslims still avoid us after about 300 years of warfare
>some treaties
>fight 99% of our wars on our own lands
>occasional genocide with hohols
>no more treaties, dissapeared off the map
>non-stop failed uprisings even when not occupied
>we're back
>we're occupied again
>don't forget 600 million goy, maybe you did not shoah BUT YOU DID BECAUSE EU PARLIAMENT SAYS UR RACIST now donate to Israel
>nobody liked us then
>nobody likes us now

at least germans are getting their ficki ficki now
>>
Guam:
>Southeastern Asians migrate to polynesia cause they get btfo by other tribes
>Use advanced ass navigational skills to find said island (fuck Moana)
>develop caste-based, matrilineal, cooperative community
>people start building big fucking stones for God knows what
>rinse and repeat
>Spanish fuck us up, and Catholicism settles in
>Americans btfo of Spain and took us as consolation
>Japs fuck us up
>Marines take back what they lost
>70's fight for more political power from the U.S.
> now, U.S. territory. So, it aint that shitty
But rn, we got some sort of "decolonization" meme going on that could essentially make me an illegal immigrant, so I hope that shit never comes to fruition
>>
>>2145026
~1200: our medicine was worse than the muslims who were having an islamic golden age and we stole all their tech in the crusades

Fucking Elizabeth with her extra spy.
>>
>>2144540
The Netherlands. It usually starts with the beginning of the 80 Years War against the Spanish and the Golden Age. Then the United East India Company and a few of it's exploits, the Tulip Bubble, Rembrandt, and a few Dutch-English wars. Unfortunately they leave out all the actually interesting stories, like the Dejima trading post, the wars in the Indian Ocean with Chinese pirate lords, and several stories of exploration, like the discovery of Australia and New Zealand. Even the conquest of the Spanish silver fleet is left out.
I also have a gut feeling that slavery is now a major topic in history class and that the name 'Golden Century' is going to be dropped soon.
>>
>>2145111
Because modern values are shit. The only difference between imperialism then and now is that we make the brown people fight each other on our behalf. Peace in the modern era is a lie.

The reason the Swedes should be glorified for their military accomplishments is because they established a unique system that created a very lopsided balance of power in favor of the lower class, one that the rest of Europe wouldn't reach for another 200-250 years. She turned a state that otherwise should not have succeeded into a powerhouse.

There is glory in war, but not honor. Modern education likes to overlook the fact that the world is just as violent today as it was 400 years ago, and while the old guard may have calmed down their expansionist policies, the upstarts have carried the mantle forward. War is a positive thing for the victor; the primary purpose of war is to secure resources for your own people that you would not otherwise have access to because it's easier to take by force than it is to build yourself or trade.
>>
>>2145117
Sweden had the first national army and formalized military administration. They had lost just as much as any of the other major powers except for Austria.

The Russians were beat on numerous occasions.

Swedes are Goths

And no, but they held back the Russians and kept the territory they had taken from Russia during the Ingrian War. That amounts to a victory, as it was first and foremost a Russian invasion of Karelia and Livonia
>>
>>2145130
Those wars benefitted Sweden more than it hurt them, right up until the end (because Karl XII didn't know how to sign a peace treaty). That needless suffering inflicted on others brought great power and wealth back to the Fatherland and its effects were felt by the common people.
>>
UK
>History began in 1850, nothing happened before that.
>What did happen post-1850 was bad, it was mostly Britain's fault.
>Hitler.
>Black civil rights.
>>
>>2145887

Dirty Svears trying to steal Spanish glory. oooooonce more.
>>
>>2145921
Explain
>>
>>2145201
Aw... poor Poland. They... they tried.
>>
>>2144540
GUSTAVUS
ADOLPHUS
>>
>>2145105
basically this
>>
>>2144540
Antikebabland
>The Nemanjici (from XXII to XIV century)
>Kosovo 1389
>First Antikebab Uprising (1804-1813)
>Second Antikebab Uprising (1815-1839)
>Balkan Wars (1912-1913)
>The Independence of Antikebabland (1878)
>Tito
>Karadjordjevic dynasty (from XIX to XX century)
and many more
>>
File: Jimmy Nu-Tron 2.jpg (120KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy Nu-Tron 2.jpg
120KB, 640x640px
>>2144784
tjing tjang tjung
>>
>>2145034
Switzerland or Germany?
>>
Canada
>First Nations came here long ago peaceful people disrupted by Europeans
>1812: Brits didnu nuffin, all Canadian work
>John A MacDonald greatest statesman ever for negotiating independence from Britain when Brits didn't want the North American colonies
>Louis Riel great hero for making another province
>WW1: Canadians are the greatest allied soldiers, they won in the final assault on Vimy
>WW2: we greatest merchant marine
>Trudeau was greatest PM for muh charter of rights
>Lester Pearson turned us into greatest peacekeeper

>>2145034
Osterreich?
>>
>>2145887
>And no, but they held back the Russians and kept the territory they had taken from Russia during the Ingrian War.
Russia conquered some territories and held them for 3 years according to Treaty of Valiesar.
Returned them back because Russian-Polish war had resumed and Russia didn't want to be at war on 2 fronts. So you can call it diplomatic victory, not military.
>>
>>2144714

>the Swedes ruled Europe

They ruled forsaken shitholes (Finland, part of the Baltics and Pomerania) which turned into bigger shitholes under swedish rule.

The rest of their glorious deeds consisted on Mongoling their way through Germany as subservient goys of the french jew master (whilst slurping metric tons of turk semen); Mongoling their way through Polan (whilsh slurping even greater quantities of turk semen); and try to Mongol their way through Russia.

Which was a mistake because the ruskies had learned by then how to deal with Mongols, and not even the Swede King showing up himself in Kebabland to request a new, extra, gazillion-tier suppy of turk semen to revitalize his men could change the outcome.

Which was a bukkake for King Cuck in the turkish dungeons and a gangbang on Sweden by all their neighbours, which, foe some strange reason didn't quite ended in the razing and total destruction of Sweden.
>>
America

>native Americans were peaceful and friendly
>until the Spanish attacked
>John Smith founded the first colony
>they were all derps until John Rolfe found tobacco
>Religious Zealots make another colony for "religious freedom"
>get saved by Natives which they killed anyway
>colonies revolts against Britain for tax reason and they had it commin
>bought more clay from frogs
>Jackson is there and badass (except the killing natives part)
>Jackson the sequel launches manifest destiny to kill more natives and mexicans
>"but wait a minute? what about the slaves"
>CIVIL WAR (South shot first)
>slaves were freed and we never had a racial problem ever again
>Gilded age
>make awesome inventions like lightbulb, airplanes, and electricity (also awesome monopolies)
>progressive era, we made poor houses
>WWI probably happened during that time maybe
>worst amendment ever gets destroyed because too many gang members
>20s everything is a party
>Great Depression everything is a hangover
>New Deal fixes everything
>WWII, where America saves everything forever with the help of his friends
>Cold war were Americans fight commies for reasons
>also Vietnam war, the only war America lost
>9/11
>>
Germany
>Roman stuff, Germans were unwashed savages who ran though the forest
>holocaust interlude
>HRE - skipped completely exept for some sitenotes on Luther and Gutenberg
>holocaust interlude
now it really starts
>Napoleon fucks us up
>muh German spring
>evil Prussians dont want democracy in 1948
>oh shit here comes dat chancellor
>Danes get btfo
>Austrians btfo
>Frogs trolled and btfo
>German empire foundet: A totalitarian dictatorship under the iron fist of Bismarck and his puppet king
>Willy the autist enters the stage and ruins everything
>WW1: We come to the conclusion that war is bad and Austria-Hungary started it while Germany fueled it into a world war
>1918: freedom time finally, SPD betrays muh freedom fighters (commies) to stabilize the country
>too much money but not enough food
>1924: things get finally better
>1928: things get worse again
>1933: conservashits think they can control the devil himself
>WW2: gets skipped almost completely, we rather talk about the results
>holocaust time
>Cold war:
>BRD: We talk about god chancellor Audenauer and his successor Brandt (we skip the NSDAP chancellor inbetween
GDR: We talk about GDR autism and the protests of 1953
>TEAR DOWN THAT WALL
>everybody is happy now and things only get better
>>
>>2146080
Austria
>>
>>2144878
>1658 Karl took Copenhagen after marching across the frozen Baltic

They besieged it, but never took it
>>
>>2146420
>>>/pol/
>>
France
>so the Romans, and how they've engraved a mark on French history
>nah, but seriously France has a huge history so let's skip to the 7th century with Clovis being crowned
>whoop whoop France born motherfuckers
>now we teach you to distinguish the Merovingian dynasty (heads up, they're from before) from the Carolingian dynasty
>now let's drone on about the influence of the Church on Europe throughout the Middle Ages
>hmmm, how about, and hear me out on this, we summate the HYW as a "long war lmao" and skip to the 17th century
>colonization and shit, and oops the empire is gone now
>havingfunkickingangloasswithUSA.png
>the Enlightenment era, and why you should think these fuckers were dope
>Louis XIV was, erm, cool, like this fucker had Versailles but let's study how he also a piece of shit to justify the Revolution we're about to learn about
>the French Revolution, which like we could teach as the bourgeoisie overthrowing an inept aristocracy, stemming from a long chain of events stemming from "La fronde"
>but nah, which we'll teach as the poor standing up to the rich, and that we wanted to rid ourselves of the king all along ;)
>oops lots of people died
>but still, Liberté Egalité Fraternité amirite
>Napoleon happened, and err, things happened but French children can't pride themselves in their country so let's skip this
>now kings are back, but the French revolt, but kings are back, but the French revolt again
>II Republic whoop whoop
>oh no, coup d'état, perpetrated by baddest motherfucker of them all, Napoléon III
>germany beats us
>so we colonize to drown our sorrow
>WW1, and don't forget children that France was such an evil power in the XXth century and how it aided in triggering this war
>so like nationalism = bad, everyone got it?
>>
>>2146663
>Versailles treaty was rude, yuck so rude!
>oh no Germany beat us
>oh no Vichy has control over France now, and it was such an antisemite and reactionnary force that guilt should rain on every French person for eternity now
>haha and yeah, we DID have a resistance
>oh and now totally freed by valiant Americans and onwards to the IVth Republic now!
>power struggle, power struggle, Indochina, power struggle, power struggle, Suez crisis, power sturggle, power struggle, Algeria, power struggle
>de Gaulle is back to fix our shit
>Vth Republic boys, where we owns nukes, tell the USSR and the USA to fuck themselves, and ride out the Cold war being edgy as fuck
>oh and May 1968 in between that where shit happened, and like, we're doomed to be lefties forever due to that
>oh and how we created the EU with our Teutonic buddies

Dear God, this won't breathe any ounce of sense to anyone that hasn't studied history under "l'Education nationale", but I hope I did it justice. Also, I'm recovering from a hefty tooth extraction, so might've left some mistakes here and there.
>>
Scotland. (Scottish education system is separate from the rest of the UK)
Ngl, the entire Scottish history curriculum takes a massive shit on creative freedom and attempts to apply 21st century nationalist perceptions of the world to everything in what is frankly an offense to serious historical analysis.

>Hunter-gatherers and how they transitioned to farmers, applicable to Scotland because of all the prehistoric remains we have here
>Wars of Independence (1290s-1320s) taught at age 12 with no information given about the wider medieval context and viewed through a reductionist lens of Scotland vs. England
>Civil Rights in the USA
>The First World War, but through a Scottish perspective so fuck studying anything but rationing and the Western Front
>Everything that everyone else on this thread learned about the rise of the Nazis
>Social and economic changes in Britain from 1750-1900, dry topic that could have been interesting if it hadn't been taught to us like we were infants
>The "Democratisation" of Britain over the same period, looked at electoral reforms and shit. Again, could have been interesting but just ended up being a patronising mess of dates.
>Wars of Independence again, this time we actually learned that nobles on both sides were backstabbing cunts and switched sides regularly and that nationalist sentments of a similar style to the 19th century onwards (i.e. the Braveheart complex) didn't really exist in the middle ages. They still attempted to pull that shit though.
>The fucking Nazis again (I got so bored by this point that I found a loophole in the assessment for this unit and after aguing with the teacher was able to do my big piece of coursework on the formation of Germany. Got an A)
>In the final year we looked at the modernisation of Japan, really interesting topic and we actually looked at academic sources.
>>
Britain
>Magna carta
>1066
>Medieval castles and sheeiitt
Power Gap
>Henry VIII, possibly other Tudors
Power Gap
>Slave Trade
Power Gap
>WW1
>WW2
>Britain in the 50s

That's it. No real study of the Empire. No mention of the Act of Union, or Expansionism, or the scramble for Africa, or even any Political history from 1600-1900, except maybe a bit on the civil war.
>>
>>2146837
We don't even look at religious reforms or the civil wars in Scotland, despite us effectively kicking half of that shit off :)
>>
Bumb.
>>
>>2144965
>Portugal were the bad guys
Funny, where I studied we learned that the crown transfer of 1807 was actually what saved the country from fragmenting into irrelevant regional quarreling states. Everything else, not really biased one way or another.

Also, too much focus on regional rebellions and uprisings without providing greater context on related events. Like superficially studying the events of the Revolt of the Lash, but not the fact that the ships were it took place, the Minas Geraes-class battleships, apparently sparked a massive arms race in other South American states and left the entirety of Europe struck dumb when they were purchased.
>>
>>2144540
USA. Taught that we did horrible things to the Native Americans and blacks, then in the world wars we suddenly become the best people ever somehow.
>>
El salvador

we were spains bitch
we had a failed central american union
shitty irrelevence
then we slowly become America's bitch
>>
Russia
1/2
>bunch of warring primitive feudal principalities trying to figure out how to civilization
>jewiest principality invites some viking dude to rule them because they have a tradition of inviting foreign rulers who wouldn't have deep connections with local oligarchy, that dude starts the first royal dynasty
>being pagans sucks for diplomacy, but Islam prohibits drinking and Catholics are dry and boring, Constantinople is a cool place, so we turn orthodox christian
>mongols conquer us because principalities continue to fling shit at each other even during their invasion, some even ally mongols just to fuck their neighbours a bit harder
>mongols don't really give a fuck about us as long as we pay tribute, when we refuse to pay they come back and smack us silly
>have to fight off German autism while being mongol vassals, Batlle on the Ice happens, Teutonic knights btfo :DDDD
>Moscow grows stronk, unites the principalities for good, tells mongols to fuck off for good, ruler marries a Byzantine princess (after Constantinople fell to the Turks), we Third Rome now :DDDDDDD, grandson of that ruler proclaims himself "Ceasar" - "Tsar"
>after the first Tsar dies clusterfuck of colossal proportions begins called "The Time of Troubles", because he killed his most capable heir, at some point Poles even take Moscow after putting a pretender on our throne
>they are thrown out during a glorious national uprising, the pretender is killed, burned, his ashes shot from a cannon in the direction of Poland
>new dynasty takes throne
>a bunch of wars happen, with various results
>Peter the Great takes throne, forces nobility to shave beards, begins westernising the country, blows the fuck out of Sweden after badly losing at Narva, "beaten like Swedes at Poltava" becomes a saying, Peter proclaims himself the Emperor
>bunch of wars happen, with various results
>Napoleon invades, wins every battle and takes burned Moscow, Russian army enters Paris
>>
File: 5zU3sAw7flw.jpg (282KB, 942x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5zU3sAw7flw.jpg
282KB, 942x1080px
>>2148852
2/2
>a whole bunch of wars happens, with various results, we genocide some Caucasian mountain niggers, but it was necessary because Turks were on the other side of Caucasus
>Empire grows stagnant and reactionary, is one of the last countries to free the slaves (serfs), even after freeing them they are in shit so deep they might as well still be slaves
>Nicholas II takes the throne and begins his long string of pathetic failures: loses war to fucking Japan, fails to create a constitutional monarchy, pulls Russia into WW1 with disastrous results, gets thrown out by Republicans, Republicans get thrown out half a year later by gommies, who peace out of WW1 after giving away loads of land
>Lenin was also sponsored by Germans, but he had good intentions so it's ok
>USSR is a world pariah, after WW1 ends it gets nothing, even though Russia took most losses in the war
>Civil war begins, gommies win because the alternative is returning to the old ways of life and no one wants that
>Lenin dies, Stalin weasels his way into power and starts purging EVERYTHING
>it's ok tho, he had good intentions and it was necessary to root out western agents
(I had a very old history teacher so her views on USSR were pretty biased)
>Molotov-Ribbentrop pact was a minor thing compared to Britain and France openly giving away Czechoslovakia to nazis and giving up on the treaty of Versailles
>they probably did it to sic the nazis onto USSR too
>Invading Poland was a good thing because it gave us more buffer territories in the inevitable war with nazis
>The Great Patriotic war begins as Hitler back-stabs us and storms his way through European territories
>we win through great effort and sacrifice while western "allies" sit and watch, opening second front after the war is decided, soldiers jokingly called lend-lease spam cans "the second front cans"
>Cold War, stupid leaders, space race and arms race that exhausted the country, USSR falls apart and somehow the country becomes even worse
>>
>show up on the Balkans from somewhere
>Byzantines btfo
>Arabs btfo
>Byzantines btfo again
>skull drinking
>christianity
>THREE SEAS
>blind army
>get conquered by byzantines
>rebellion
>Latins btfo
>THREE SEAS
>turks came
>Istoriya Slavyanobolgarskaya
>revolutionaries, april uprising
>muh russian liberators
>unification
>oh yeah, there were also some balkan wars, some world wars and a war between us and serbia and the macedonian question, but this whole bit is not important

Seeing that everything after 1885 is mostly ignored I'd say it was pretty shit, skipping the entire modern history of Bulgaria, which also happens to be some of the best our country has to offer, especially WW1 and the Balkan wars, still leads to people regarding Russia as the big brother that is always willing to protect us and will never do harm which leads to the people being fucking uneducated and causing the majority of the problems that Bulgaria has today.
>>
Our history is barely portrayed at all, because all of the historians, writers, poets and journalists are the fringe minority from the 90's who had pan-romanian sentiments. And they monopolized all aspects of moldovan history, by romanian washing it and claiming it was romanian.

>Basically some parts here and there about medieval era

>1812 RUSSIA ANNEXED EASTERN MOLDOVA AND IT WAS A CRIME AGAINST THE ROMANIAN KIN RUSSIANS ARE SCUM WE WOULD BE PART OF ROMANIA TODAY

>some other things about how life was back then

>1859 WAS WHEN ROMANIA WAS CREATED AND THE ROMANIAN KIN ALL REJOICED BECAUSE THEY HAD A STATE AND IT WAS MOLDOVANS WHO MADE IT THEREFOR WE ARE ROMANIANS AND WERE SEPARATED FROM OUR ROMANIAN KIN

>History then focuses on the history of the romanian state

>1918 ALL OF ROMANIA WAS UNITED INTO A SINGLE STATE MOLDOVANS VOTED TO JOIN THE UNION IT WAS THE WILL OF EVERYONE BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVED BEING ROMANIAN STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART

>1940 EVIL USSR TOOK US FROM ROMANIA IT WAS A TRAGEDY IT WAS ARBITRARY WE NEED TO FIX THE HISTORICAL MISTAKES AND UNITE WITH ROMANIA ONCE AGAIN

>1991 WE INDEPENDENT AGAIN BECAUSE WE WERE ROMANIANS AND HELD THE TRUTH FROM THE SOVIETS LONG LIVE ROMANIAN LANGUAGE AND ROMANIAN CULTURE WE ARE ROMANIANS

And so on and so forth. It's self-cucking in it's most direct sense. Nobody has an objective analysis of Moldovan history because everyone thinks that the moldovan identity was fabricated by the USSR, which is a historically an aberation to claim such a thing. Or that in 1917 Romania annexed the first moldovan republic, and people didn't want to unite because they didn't see themselves as romanians, but as moldovans. And this came from tons of villages all across the country with 100% moldovans living in them.

All of this is purposly ignored because it destroys their fringe pan-romanian narrativ. And nobody can do anything because they simply hold a cultural monopoly over everything.

In short, we need a revolution to shoot them all.
>>
>>2145201
>>nobody likes us now
American here, I love you Polish bastards. You're like, the one country in Europe that was progressive and not a shithead to everyone else. You were nice to the Jews, you had the golden liberty, you were badass in legitimate military encounters and by all accounts decent people. I hope you guys rise again.
>>
>>2149114
Daily reminder that the true Moldova is now part of Romania, and not the abortion that we call Basarabia.
>>
>>2149372
>True Moldova

>Basically eastern Romania
Kek
>>
File: 1480159370660.jpg (64KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1480159370660.jpg
64KB, 820x820px
>>2144540
Not sure if you're full of shit or if you just went to a horrible school. You really weren't taught about Oxenstierna's reforms and Gustavus Adolphus military achievements?

I don't believe for a second your teacher didin't tell you about Charles X and the March Across the Belts or Charles XI and the Battle of Narva.
>>
>>2149409
>Narva
Fuck I meant Lund
>>
>>2149409
I never recieved any tutelage on any of the wars Sweden was involved in, all I got was a brief summary of the kings. Maybe it was you who went to a really good school?
>>
>>2144540
Ireland

>muh newgrange
>muh celts
>muh Patrick
>we wuz saints and scholars n sheeit
>vikings ruin everything
>god-emperor Brian Boru casts them back in to the ocean
>Normans come. Strongbow was strong (p.s. FUCK Diarmad Mac Murchadha and Leinster in general)
>Connacht is relevant for the first and only time in history
>Normans: We Irish now
>"Not so fast" declares England.
>various rebellions and much title-jewing later the crown decides Irish people are too much hassle
>reformation happens. Irish people, both Gaelic and Old English remain Catholic
>plantation of Laois fails because the Irish are too violent
>Plantation of Munster fails because the English are too incompetent
>nine years war is lost because of Spanish incompetence despite the shining genius of Hugh O Neill
>Flight of the Earls happens but it was only supposed to be temporary, we swear.
>Plantation of Ulster happens. Protestants arrive and steal our land
>various riots happen, an overload of banter leads to tens of thousands of casualties.
>English civil war. We choose the royalists
>actually fuck that, we Confederacy of Kilkenny now
>Cromwell is literally the worst man ever bar none
>Oy Vey, billions of innocent Irish children are ethnically cleansed, murdered and sold into slavery
>Protestants now own the entire country, despite being a small minority.
>Glorious revolution happens, support the catholic king
>Oh wait, he's an incompetent fuck too. Up the Sarsfield.
>Flight of the Wild Geese. Again, definitely coming back we swear.
>Betrayal of the treaty of Limerick. Anglo perfidy knows no bounds.
>muh penal laws.
>1798, we enlightened liberal nationalists now, fuck the king, protestants are actually alright after all. Vive La Revolution!!!!
>Fails due to French incompetence despite Irish heroism.
>Act of Union. Worst day of my life.
>Daniel O Connell was sound, worked towards Catholic emancipation.
>Lots of great men in fancy suits fighting for muh freedom
cont.
>>
>>2144714
Copenhagen has in fact never fallen to Sweden. Even when all the rest of Denmark had been taken over, Copenhagen held out.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>2149480
>Fenians bring the banter to North America
>after some small famines there's a big famine
>Oy Vey it's another Cromwell, 100% the English's fault. Casualties are in the gorillions.
>Ireland becomes a majority English speaking nation for the first time as the Irish speaking areas are hugely depopulated.
>Fuck the Act of Union even more, and fuck every Landlord ever
>Land League and Home Rule movement >Parnell is literally the second coming of Christ.
>Starting to question the loyalty of the Catholic church but hedge schools were cool I guess.
>Fenians, Young Irelanders and various radical nationalists are working in the shadows. IRB is formed.
>something about socialists and a lock out
>Home Rule is granted
>SYKE! we take it back says Britain, because muh war.
>The Rising, most important event in human history. Everyone involved was a heroic warrior-poet martyr.
>Dubliners were butthurt because they're faggots but after the executions of the absolute madmen they saw the light.
>election 1918, Sinn Féin clean up
>partition, curragh mutiny, anglo perfidy
>Black and tans come, worst people ever
>Tan war, we win thanks to Collins' pure unadulterated genius
>Anglo-Irish agreement, more anglo-perfidy
>civil war, fuck Dev
>The Emergency, actually hes not too bad after all.
>Troubles. Huns' fault but the 'ra are icky too.
>GFA everybody's happy and the world is a shining utopia now.
>>
>go to shit school
>only remember having a couple of history lessons
>teacher is cool old guy from Bornholm
>starts out Danish history in the bronze age
>forest clearing and farm planning and how it evolved
>shit school is shit so history class disappears again
>Danish teacher briefly touches on daughter fucking Viking drama and Roskilde
>WW2 is literally just muh Jews and Anne Frank
>only cool part was getting an old resistance guy to stop by and talk about the one time him and another guy assassinated a collaborator and how he had never spoken to his sister after she fucked a german
>the assassination was basically the "you shit me!" Scene from Austin Powers
>>
how do you guys remember the history taught in school? That was so long ago, unless you're talking about university.
>>
>>2149581
I quite enjoy History so I remember quite well how crap, nonsensical and biased my History lessons were at school.
>>
File: feelsofathenry.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
feelsofathenry.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>2145097
i've been waiting to use this meme
>>
Turkey:
>We wuz Xiongnu
>We wuz Huns
>We wuz might be Scythianz
>Turkic Khaganate
>Adoption of Islam
>Kara Khanids etc.
>Seljuks
>Ottomans
>Late Ottoman era, WW1, independence war

This is it really.
>>
>>2144540
>olivenigger tribes settle at greece and asia minor forming city states
>WE WUZ PHILOSOPHAS, DEMOCRATS AND SHIET
>Persians btfo! this is sparta REEE
>olives kill eachother for some time
>Alexander the gr8
>WE WUZ ROMANS NAO
>Byzantium fucks everyone
>Byzantium gets fucked by everyone
>fast forward to 1821
>get independence from ottocucks
>nothing happens for sometime
>win the balkan wars
>fuck up ww1 and ww2
>ebil nazi america
>get debt
>dont pay it
>>
>Spawn some time ago
>Do absolutely nothing, Romans pop up to trade some amber once in a while
>Skip to 13th century when Germans begin harrasing us with their Christianity
>One dude decides to finally do something
>Starts unifying things, fighting Teutons and becomes (our only) king
>Gets capped 10 years later
>A whole subplot of drama and internal wars begin, because everyone in the court is a greedy retard, WWE script writers wouldn't come up with this shit
>Duchy is wobbly yet stays in one piece
>One duke founds our capital (false) after having a dream
>Germans keep harassing, domestic retards keep fighting each other
>One retard is greedier than others, instantly baptises the whole country to become king of Poland, doing what the Teutons couldn't manage in 200 years
>Get new Grand Duke, seems alright
>Get fed up with Teutonic bullshit, Grunwald ensues
>Get enough happiness for a golden age, bonus gold, productivity and culture for some turns
>GRAND DUCHY STRONK, BIGGEST COUNTRY IN EUROPE #1 MVP TOP OF LEADERBOARD
>Okay, that was fun
>Become a feudal society in the fucking 1440's
>Fast forward a 100 years, Poland is slimy as fuck
>Get coerced into uniting
>Union is unsurprisingly shit, pester Moscow every once and again
>Sweden invades
>Fuck you Poland, we're joining the Swedes
>...
>Sorry Poland, take us back
>Business as usual
>Liberum veto out the ass, pass legislation like 9 times in 70 years
>Partitions happen
>Napoleon passes by, likes one of our churches
>Attempt rebellion
>Fail
>Attempt rebellion
>Fail
>Tsar has enough of this shit, crackdown
>Some smart guys start publishing underground newspapers
>Russian Empire has a stroke, start going for autonomy
>WWI, occupied by Germany
>'Can we get independence?'
>Yeah ok, just be a puppet state. Also, we're sending some random duke from fucking Bavaria to be your king
>RIP reich
>Independance
>Fight wars on every front possible
>Lose capital, Poles are eternal enemies ever since
>>
>Keep up with European trends and get a coup
>Autocracy is pretty meh, future is kinda bright
>Get invaded
>President fucking bolts it to America
>Occupied by Soviets
>Occupied by Nazis
>Occupied by Soviets
>...wait, where are all the Jews?
>40 years of gommie bullshit
>Fuck this, revolution
>Revolt by playing rock
>Independence
>Get internet
>Present day
>>
>>2145001
I'd like to think it was because of the introduction of compulsory primary education, and women entering the workforce thanks to new daycare services.
>>
>>2149844
What fucked up country is this?
>>
>>2149977
I think he was referring to why Finland scores so high on PISA
>>
>>2150029
probably lithuania
>>
>Starts off with bronze age us bumbling around building boats and big farms with nothing to do
>FF we use those boats to see how far we can get
>End up in Lindisfarne killing and pillaging that shiggy until 1066 when some dude gets wacked
>Completely FF to Black Death killing half the population
>Enjoy a union with two other countries
>The WORST country then promptly fucks off
>Plenty of wars with this country
>Tordenskjold-guy murders their navy
>GINORMOUS FF to 1814 grorious independance and constitution
>WE FREE NOW
>Syke. Our neighbor annexes us. Thx worst ally.
>FF 1903 women's rights voting yadda yadda
>Small FF 1905
>Our army is greater than the other guy's so he simply gives up, relinquishing any dreams of empire from his grip
>GRORIOUS nation free after 600 years
>1940: Germany invades using 3 months and suffering their first defeat in the war before taking the entire country
>FRANCE TAKEN IN LESS THAN A MONTH. SMALL COUNTRY OF LESS THAN 3MIL HOLDING OUT FOR 3 MONTHS
>My country: 1 Frogs:0
>Oh and we find some oil and became best country on Earth

Anyone brave enough to guess what country?
>>
>>2150073
Norway is rightful Swedish clay
>>
tfw no country
>>
>>2144540
Philippines

>always starts with elementary intro of 3 first inhabitants, chronologically: Ati, Indo, Malay
>WE WUZ DATUZ N SHIEET
>trading with poos, island poos, chinks, island chinks, gooks, japs, etc.
>muh chink blood, poo clood, jap blood, etc.
>islamic pirates in the south
>kingdoms and shit
>Spics arrive, Magellan first
>Magellan friends with Raja of Cebu, said Raja considered cuck
>as if flips weren't already born to be cucks
>some shit happens, raja of Cebu and datu of Mactan in conflict, Magellan goes to fight
>always a point pointed out that he was savagely killed by our "noble ancestor in the defense of our land"
>years later, still get fucked in the ass with hairy spic dick
>muh yurop heritage
>muh spic blood
>muh no. 1 in asia
>muh only dominantly Christian country in asia
>that one time Brits kicked the spics out of Manila for two years that everyone just forgets or cuts out
>Muslims pirating as usual
>then comes revolution, after frog revolution spreads, and some priests get garrote-d
>some dudes start writing mad shit about spics, one of them is a guy with a "world-class" cock and a German sidekick
>flips start revolting, spics steadily getting fucked, but it goes back to flips
>revolutionary leaders exiled to Hong Kong
>knock knock. It's the United States.
>burger declare war on spics
>burgers transport revolutionary leaders back to flipland to continue revolution
>spics overwhelmed, flips declare independence
>but burgers want flipland, so another war starts
>ends with flip defeat and slight butthurt
>burger establish military government, then a normal one, then steadily gave power to flips
>promise to set flips free after 10 years
>burger will be remembered to be good goys

cont.
>>
>>2150092
Try and get it meatball man
>>
>>2150129
>seven years into promise, japs invade
>burger beaten back, MacArthur famous for "I shall return" line
>japs remain for three years raping and executing and shieet
>burgers return, beat back japs, MacArthur actually comes back
>burger love multiplied
>a year later, flip independence recognized
>still cucks to burgers
>a few presidents pass, flipland doing pretty good
>oh, and that one president whose plane crashed into a mountain
>then comes along Marcos, who does really good in the beginning
>libtards starting demonstrations, commies involved
>Marcos wary of commies, declares martial law
>drunk with power, starts doing crazy shit
>popular opposition figure assassinated at airport, Marcos flees
>popular figure's wife becomes president
>then a couple more unimportant presidents pass
>commies in the mountains to this day
>nepotism, dynasties, and corruption already very visible
>then a retard from the south appealing to flip dislike of current government runs for presidency, gets overwhelming victory
>is actually a cuck for the chinks

TL;DR flips are massive cucks
>>
>>2150129

Could you please recall all your 0/10 women attached to beta white military guys?
>>
>>2144540

Spen

>Spen people since Atapuerca. Altamira cave paintings, Los Millares and Tartessos cultures.
>Celtiberians. Trade and cultural influence with Phoenicians and Greeks.
>Carthage vs Rome. Spen is the battlefield.
>Rome wins and wants to take our golds. Celtiberians give them the fight of their life. Numantia never forget.
>But eventually Rome prevails. Romans are good now. They mine all our gold and give us aqueducts.
>Rome, can you please remove suebi, vandals and alans.
>Actually no, but we'll tell the Visigoths to wipe them away, m'key?
>Well... Rome, are you ok?
>glglglglgl
>Spen is clusterfuck now. Suebi, Basques, Byzanshits, Roman oligarchs, Vandals, Visigoths.
>Visigoths stronk. Leovigildo (and the Church) cucks/remove them all, Recaredo converts to Catholicism, Recesvinto codifies one common law in Liber Iudiciorum. Spen is one.
>Electoral monarchy may not be a great idea desu. Endless nobiliar uprisings everywhere everytime.
>Surprise Allah'uh Agbar :DDDD!!
>Allah a shit (t. Pelayo up in the mountains)
>tips Reconquista and deeds
>tips highly advanced Al-Andalus and deeds
>tips Isabel and Fernando and /endtips 'Reconquista' and 'Al Andalus'
>'Dis new land be Murrica
>Also, Naples belongs to Aragon. Fuck you frogs.
>Haha, I'm marrying my sons and daughters with everyone in Yurop, fuck you frogs (t. Fernando)
>Heir dead, second heir dead, third heir is a woman cucked by her burgundian husband (dead soon too)
>But she has a son; Surprise Habsburg'd :DDDDDDDDDD
>Fuck the Habsburg (t. Comuneros de Castilla and Germanias de Aragon)
>Well, fuck you too (t.Carlos and high nobility). Tips execution :DDDD
>We Empire Now. Also, we can always agree on slaughtering gabachos right?.
>Also, fuck Luther and fuck Protestants. Respect my Imperial authority (t. Carlos) tips castillian golds for respecting authority issues in bumfuck Germany
>I said, fuck protestants (t. Felipe) tips castillian golds for respecting authority issues in Flanders.
>>
>>2150223
That included then. A good portion of the Filipinas look fine, mostly ones with foreign blood, which we call Mestizos or to faggots as Tisoy. But most are ugly as shit.

These half-breeds are currently really popular, just as how foreigners are popular there. One thing flips would recognize first is height. A friend of mine saw a white chick walking by, and he said "What the fuck, a giraffe just walked by!"
>>
>>2150445

I live in San Diego where there's a huge population of Flips, why are literally none of them attractive? Do we only get the dregs and their 15 family members?
>>
>>2144540
>autonomy
more like independence m80. norway was already pretty autonomous during the union
>>
>>2150451
Probably. Most Mestizos aren't dirt poor, so it's probably the ugly kind that come.
>>
Norway
>agriculture comes to Norway, meaning the rise of the petty kingdoms
>Harald Fairhair unifies Norway after his victory in the Battle of Hafrsfjord
>Vikings, Jorvik/ Ireland/ Colonization of Iceland, "Norgesveldet" (The Norwegian Rule, Norway at its height). Also discovery of North America.
>Olaf the Holy's christianization of Norway, forced conversions.
>Harald Hardrada, Invasion of England
>Sigurd the Crusader, Norwegian Crusade
>The bishop (don't remember his name) who tried to fight off the Danes, because our nobles had basically died out
>Dano-Norwegian Union
>Napoleonic Wars, sided with Napoleon
>Constitution in 1814
>Swedish-Norwegian war
>Swedish-Norwegian Union
>Independence
>WW2, resistance groups against Germany
>Some post WW2 stuff
>>
>>2150372

>Felipe II of Spain and I of Portugal now.
>tips Galeones de Indias
>Liz of Albion perfidiously tries to untip them
>Felipe tips Armada
>Liz perfidiously storms
>Henri de Navarre tips claim to the throne of France
>Wilhelmus still doesn't tip respect for the King of Spain.
>Felipe III tips peace. Holland is gone.
>30 yrs war. Olivares tries to tip more gold but 404. Tries to tip taxation to Catalonia, Portugal and Naples and they revolt. Portugal is gone.
>Carlos II. jpg
>Carlos II. jpg unsurprisingly dies without offspring
>War of Succession. FFS Remove Habsburg desu! (t. Council of Castille)
>Actually, I like Habsburg desu. Go Archduke! (t. Catalonia)
> *snibbetty snab Gibraltar :DDDDD* (t. Perfy Albion)
>Bourbon Spain, Bourbon Reforms. Get fucked catalans.
>Hands off the Spanish America, and get fucked angloshits! (t. Admiral Blas de Lezo)
>7 years war. Bourbon Compacts. The french are fucking useless though.
>Despotismo Ilustrado is nice though. Tell me more about it Diderot (t. Carlos III)
>1776-1783. Ayyyyylmao hahaha oh wow! get fucked Albion!
>>
>>2144540
Germany

>HITLER HITLER HITLER HOLOCAUST NAZIS ETERNAL GUILT HITLER HITLER HITLER
also the Kaiserreich was labeled as "Nazi" by my 68'-movement teacher, not even joking
thanks allies :3
>>
>>2145048
>>2146146
Memes aside, kinda sad how Canuckle heads don't even know their own history.
>>
File: _mg_5529.jpg (942KB, 805x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_mg_5529.jpg
942KB, 805x1000px
>>2150478
>doesn't mention civil war
>doesn't mention Haakon Haakonsson
>doesnt mention golden age of norway
wut
>>
>>2150483

>Carlos IV the Cuck
>Fuck Napoleon and fuck the french (t. The Spanish Nation)
>Fernando VII el cabron
>Adios, Spain (t. Los Sudacas)
>Civil war I. Liberales vs Carlistas
>Isabel II. """""Parliamentarism"""""""and big generals.
>Civil War II. Liberales vs Carlistas
>how about a new Dinasty? Hohenzollern perhaps? (t. Big General)
>Ayylmao France
>Now seriously, how about the House of Saboya?
>Hola!!! (t. Amadeo I)
>hmmmm. No, not really desu (t. Big General)
>ok, let's try a Republic now
>Hola!!!! (t. I Republic)
>eh, no. (t. Big General)
>Back to Borbones and liberal Parliamentarism? Yeah back to it. (tips Alfonso XII)
>Oligarchy and """Democracy""""
>Adios, Spain (t. Cuba and Flips)
>Welll..... fuggg. Let's just make mony and stay out of yuro alliances.
>II Republic Viva!!!
>'no' (t. Big Generalisimo Franco)
>Franco is dead. Muh democracy.
>>
>>2144540
funny, I remember being taught about vikings and stuff. Though to be fair my fifth grade teacher was absolutely based and went against most rules so.
>>
Croatia

>WE WUZ KANGZ IN THE 7TH CENTURY YO
>WE WUZ ALSO ONE OF THE BIGGER POWERS IN AUSTRIA-HUNGARY
>EVERYONE BE CONSTANTLY FIGHTING OVER OUR TERRITORY YO
>WE ARRIVED HERE BEFORE SERBS
>WE FOUGHT A WAR AND WON LOLOLOLOLOL

The mentions of the independent state of Croatia here and there, but nothing about the KZ camps, the death camps or anything.

We even went so overboard Nazi Germany told us to calm the fuck down.
>>
Nicaragua

>WE WUZ AZTECS N SHIEET or whatever the indians claimed to be I don't know
>Spain fucks up our shit
>WE WUZ CONQUISTADORES N SHIEET
>backwater of the Spanish Empire for the next 300 years
>VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN
>briefly be part of the Mexican Empire
>become part of a central american state, spilt off a decade later and become fully independent
>civil war between the Liberals and Conservatives
>in the midst of the chaos some American filibuster takes control of Nicaragua
>the armies of Honduras, Costa Rica, and El Salvador team up to expel him out of Nicaragua
>he gets defeated, captured, and executed by firing squad
>Great Britian gives us the Mosquito Coast
>new canal is gonna be built, never takes off
>another civil war breaks out and this time US Marines occupy the country (I think they did it again but I can't remember)
>we declare war on Nazi Germany, do fuck all except deport a bunch of Germans and take their land
>Sandanista revolution
>we go full gommie
>blah blah Reagan saves the day whatever (my history teachers never really cared about anything after that point. We mostly focused on world history anyways)
>bunch of (may or may not be rigged) elections and we've had the same head of state for fucks know when
>present day China wants to build a canal through us, US does not approve

That's about all I remember. Like I said before, my teachers focused more on general world history.
>>
>>2144836
Dont forget this god of a man.
>>
>>2150642
The golden age was sorta mashed together with Norgesveldet. Kyrre, Lagabote, etc. were spoken of, but I forgot to mention them. And I agree, they should have delved deeper into the civil war era.
>>
File: feels bad manjussipaita (1).jpg (42KB, 427x351px) Image search: [Google]
feels bad manjussipaita (1).jpg
42KB, 427x351px
>we were peasants and shit under sweden
>literally nothing happened
>suddenly war, become a part of russia, gain autonomy from alexander i
>nothing happens for 60 years
>national romanticism, reneissance for finnish arts and culture, finnish language granted official status
>nicholas i starts russifying us
>governor-general bobrikov murdered by a finnish constitutionalist
>opposition, russification briefly interrupted after the 1905 revolution russia but continues until wwi
>jaegers travel to germany to learn how to fight russians
>independence declared
>civil war between reds and whites
>slowly developing, brief far-right spike in the 30s, by the end of the 30s reds and whites have reconciled
>winter war, lose territories
>continuation war, gain territories
>lapland war, lose territories, germans burn lapland
>urbanization, building of the welfare state, basically a soviet puppet state, president is basically dictator who isn't even elected due to emergency laws
>soviet union collapses
>we eu now

That's it. Finnish history basically begins in 1900.
>>
File: 44xqlvvx.jpg (14KB, 195x185px) Image search: [Google]
44xqlvvx.jpg
14KB, 195x185px
>>2150816
>Banned patriotic organizations like the Patriotic People's Party and restricted activities of the Academic Karelian Society as justice minister
>Was a good Soviet bitch and orchestrated the war responsibility trials that were against the Constitution of Finland and basically the entire Finnish legal system, imprisoned innocent heroes like Risto Ryti who saved Finland from Soviet occupation
>Won the 1956 presidential election because the Soviets bribed enough electoral college members to vote against their party
>When the democratically elected PM Fagerholm appointed a few ministers critical of the Soviet Union, Kekkonen broke up the government even though it enjoyed the confidence of the legislature and appointed his own, pro-Soviet government to replace it
>During the 1962 elections, asked the Soviets to send a note that destroyed the anti-Soviet conservative-social democratic coalition and their candidate, Olavi Honka, was forced to resign. This destroyed the final remnants of Finnish democracy for more than 20 years, because after this period there was no true opposition to his rule until the Constitutional Right Party was established in the mid-80's. Finnish system closely resembled the block party system of East Germany.
>Appointed his incompetent friends into positions inside the government and state corporations regardless of their abilities
>His policies caused economic distress on a massive scale, unemployment was so high that hundreds of thousands of Finns had to move to Sweden
>Tried to get a socialist government to declare state of emergency so he could rule as a dictator in 1968
>Because he didn't want to have elections, his term was unconstitutionally extended by the Parliament
>Forced a socialist government into power despite electoral results in 1978
>His legacy is economic distress and destruction of Finnish democracy by finlandization; he failed his only goal, which was to get the Soviets to return Karelia.
>>
File: 7705568_orig.png (251KB, 738x632px) Image search: [Google]
7705568_orig.png
251KB, 738x632px
>>2144540
>rock paintings
>autistic detail about the daily life of a bronze/iron age peasant
>memes about vikings
>feudalism existed, look at this illustration
>black death was really bad
>autistic detail about the daily life of a medieval peasant (protip: it really wasn't much different than before)
>Vasa skied (there is a race today, so it had to happen right?) and liberated Sweden from Denmark
>golden age, marching over the ice, Gustav II Adolf dies (note that the reasons why where never explained)
>Sweden had a colony in ameriga but the dutch stole it
>Linné was a real human bean and a real hero
>fast forward to WW2 (what? World war 1? Doesn't concern Sweden and it was just a bunch of trenches anyway :^) )
>letting germans take the train through Sweden and selling them iron might as well mean we where part of the axis
>the holocaust was really bad, ok? Don't forget Anne Frank
>the cold war didn't really concern Sweden since "neutrality" but the cuban missle crisis was bad
>>
File: 3184201207570024.jpg (193KB, 653x900px) Image search: [Google]
3184201207570024.jpg
193KB, 653x900px
>>2144540
Always Breitenfield.

The Father of Modern War, Gustavus Adolphus almost certainly was not. But he may very well have been the Father of the Modern World. Because then, at that place, at the moment when the Saxons broke and the Inquisition bade fair to triumph over all of Europe, the king of Sweden stood his ground.

And proved, once again, that the truth of history is always concrete. Abstractions are the stuff of argument, but the concrete is given. Whatever might have been, was not. Not because of tactics, and formations, and artillery, and methods of recruitment—though all of those things played a part, and a big one—but because of a simple truth. At that instant, history pivoted on the soul of one man. His name was Gustavus Adolphus, and there were those among his followers who thought him the only monarch in Europe worthy of the name. They were right, and the man was about to prove it. For one of the few times in human history, royalty was not a lie.
>>
>>2146608
>>>tumblr
>>
File: Dolfussseriously.png (33KB, 331x293px) Image search: [Google]
Dolfussseriously.png
33KB, 331x293px
>>2149608
>Scythians and Huns are Turkic
They actually teach that crap in Turkey? I thought that was a stupid pan-Turanist meme.
>>
File: UKK.jpg (18KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
UKK.jpg
18KB, 300x287px
>>2150972
>hating the based dictator of kekkoslovakia
>>
>>2150030
They are falling. We have a decent education system and I guess we lucked out for a couple of years and the worst retards didn't participate.
>>
Germany

>french revolution
>Hitler
>Hitler
>Hitler
>Hitler
>>
>>2144540
England:
1.) Roman occupation of Briton, although this mostly covers the initial invasion and pacification, not the later fall.
2.) Tudors
3.) Henry VIII
4.) Elizabethan era

Then you move onto GCSE's, which can get into specialized history subjects, but I believe the main subject is:
World war 2; Looking at the outbreak of the war and the situation at the end of the war

Then you move onto A-Levels. Which get so specialized that typing them out is worthless; I did The English civil war and the American war in Vietnam, then at A2 it was 'History of geo-politics post 1945' and a 4000 coursework where you set the question. I did the Great Game, with the question about it aggravating Russo-Anglo tensions.

>How is your countries history portrayed
Early studies is mostly about giving little kids some understanding of the formation of England, later on it's about critical study for yourself, so there's no real 'here's the line'. Although there have been talks of a civics module for something like that...
>>
File: 1454312083141.jpg (214KB, 563x721px) Image search: [Google]
1454312083141.jpg
214KB, 563x721px
>>2144540
You forgot a whole lot about Vikings, and some about Gustav Vasa.

We were taught in school that Vasa jewed the catholic church. This was taught in a generally positive light, although it was told as more of a political thing, to give himself more power and wealth, rather than the Papal states.
>>
>>2144540
Belgium
> WE DEFEATED DU ROMANZ, WE WUZ DEM ANCIENT BELGIANS, then ""we"" got btfo by romans and enslaved
> some medieval stuf, bourgondy, pretty good city's emerging, importance of antwerp in the late medival period as trade haven. good textile industry.
-> BATTLE OF THE GOLDEN SPURS , FROGS GET REEEEKT
-> get ruled by spanish habsburg and austria. catholic vs protestant.
-> lel napoleon got rekt here in waterloo
-> LOL BELGIAN REVOLUTION, WE WUZ LEGITIMATE COUNTRY NOW.
-> first continental European country to industrialise.
-> flemmish got treated like shit by the Walonians. only briefly mentioned tough.
-> LEOPOLD KILLED A QUADRILION NIGGERS!!
-> world war 1, we fought as beasts (only flemish tough, walonians where comfy in the backlines) GERMANS GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY REEE.
-> WW2. GERMANS GET OU... you know what, you are alright, take our jews please.
-> globalised history all of you get.
>>
>>2151717

>le white knight and saviour of protestantism narrative
>>
File: 1459371071641.jpg (36KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
1459371071641.jpg
36KB, 400x460px
>>2146420
Jesus Christ, Anon !
>>
>>2145201
>we wuz kangz n shiet, we got that woman-king how progressive
Fuck Civ6 and female leader quota
>>
>>2148907
Russians are taught about Molotov-Ribbentrop or invasion of Poland in '39, is this for real?
>>
>>2154496
Yeah, I even remember pics from a class-book of our soldiers having a parade with Germans in a Polish city.
>>
>>2145988
kys it's Gustav Adolf
>>
>>2153872
What did you learn about vikings? In my school they basically skipped that, except for some stories about the gods in 2nd grade

>thor does the sparks with his hammer
>odin has one eye
>balder is kill
>>
>>2155877
>not kustaa aadolf
>>
In New Zealand we are mainly taught about the Gallipoli campaign. and mainly focuses around how the British fucked us over and that that loss is what "truly what made New Zealand, New Zealand" No joke that is what they teach us.
>>
Guys, I didn't ask you to fucking meme your own history. I expected some retards to have trouble with reading comprehension but this many is insane.
>>
>>2158049
Well, how else would you want to describe our own histories, if it's taught of so poorly in our own schools? National history and nationalism is generally in decline in Europe
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.