[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the United States create the most revolutionary music the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: jeffersonairplane.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jeffersonairplane.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Did the United States create the most revolutionary music the world has ever seen in the 60's-70's?

What was going on at the time in American life to spur the creation of such crazy music?

This may be a stupid question but I'm not American.
>>
>>2136244
It mostly had to do with being bored with nothing major going on. the arts always flourish when there is nothing to preoccupy the minds of the youth. You could comment about the drugs being thrown around and increased sexuality and changing culture but those are also symptoms of being in a society with no major problems (by this I mean the problems pertaining to the actual citizens, obviously the US was involved in a fuckton of international bullshit but the average citizen didn't feel it that much).
>>
>>2136244
No, they were just on drugs and most of the real innovators were british people combining folk with blues music.

Americans innvoated in music in the 20s-40s with jazz, and then again in the late 80s with the rise of hip hop and rap
>>
>>2136256
>most of the real innovators were British people
>Brits copying 1950s girl bands and fusing it with 60s American rock bands
Oh of course they were the innovators. They were so innovative that every single band from the Isles sounded exactly the same.
>>
>>2136256
>the real innovators were british
lel
>>
>>2136256

>combining folk with blues music
>two most simple and basic musical genres of all time

I'm not saying it's shit but it's definitely nothing innovative. Producers like Brian Wilson and Phil Spector were doing 10 times more innovative things than their British counterparts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR7_TbMIVnA
>>
>enter /his/ thread
> IT AINT ME STARTS PLAYING
>>
>>2136296

>PAINT IT BLACK STARTS PLAYING
>>
>>2136244
blacks invented the funky tunes, and bands like the Rolling Stones made them their own.
>>
>The introduction of novel fashions in music is a thing to beware of as endangering the whole fabric of society, whose most important conventions are unsettled by any revolutions in that quarter.
>from Plato's The Republic
>>
>>2136311
What does this mean exactly?
>>
>>2136318

Stupid kids copy their favourite artists.
>>
>>2136318
that music has the power to make people feel certain emotions, which can be dangerous if left unchecked. i.e. - if you get a bunch of people together and play music with a certain beat they might dance, which might lead to fucking or a social life, neither of which were things platon appreciated.
>>
>>2136318
Music distracts people from the things that matter
>>
>>2136410

More than sports?
>>
>>2136244
> the world has ever seen
Since when was pop on par with classical?
>>
>>2136286
>Le catchy jingle band
>>
>>2136244
Civil Rights Movement
Baby Boomer apathy to 1950 Americana ideas and ideals
Acid
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.