[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any significant history surrounding North/South America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 5.png (923KB, 936x1086px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
923KB, 936x1086px
Is there any significant history surrounding North/South America before any sort of European influence?

Do we even know any names or events?

Also Merry Christmas!
>>
>>2135937
Central/South America is better in this respect because they at least possessed a few "civilizations," and some were accomplished enough to invent writing.

But overall we have few concrete names and dates, just patterns we can extrapolate based on genetic, archaeological, and linguistic observations. We know for example that the Inuit are members of one of the most recent waves of migrants, that the Navajo were "invasive" in the sense that they displaced several older native cultures, that people somehow got to Peru/Chile before most of the rest of the Americas, etc.

But in the pedantic interpretation of the word "history," then no, we have tragically few written records of events, and those that do exist are centralized in a scant few locations.
>>
>>2136130
Why is that so? Did the savages just not know how to write?
>>
>>2136164
Writing has only been independently developed a handful of times in the history of humanity, roughly once on each continent. Not being able to write doesn't make them savages.
>>
>>2136200
t. savage apologist
>>
>>2136164
Most people don't know how to write unless writing has already been established and there are systems for learning it. Independently inventing writing is another deal altogether, it's only happened three times for sure in human history, and one was in Mesoamerica.

Their writing system is arguably the least practical out of all of them but it does demonstrate that natives were capable of inventing civilization independently.

"Savages" is a meme term by the way, family.
>>
>>2135937
>Be North American civilization.
>Disappear without a trace.
>Leave earthwork settlement foundations to confound generations to come.
>>
>>2136164
Only the Maya had a written language of Hieroglyphs, then the Spanish missionaries came along and, well, you know the rest I'm sure.
>>
>>2136207
I'm afraid you'll have to go back.
>>
>>2136207
At least be honest with your OP. I think something like this will be more appropriate next time.

>no American history
Redpill me on the godless savages, /pol/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.