[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on human sacrifices throughout history, /his/ The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0991.jpg (76KB, 412x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0991.jpg
76KB, 412x640px
Red pill me on human sacrifices throughout history, /his/

The wickerman seems a particularly interesting one

And the Cartaginians had a thing for child sacrifice to Baal?
>>
>>2135871
Modern abortion industry has the Carthies beat.
>>
Bump for interesting non race bait thread.
>>
>inb4 MUH ROMAN PROPAGANDA
"But these at least, Socrates, are not difficult to know, that we do not always use the same laws, but different. Since, for example, to us it is not the law to sacrifice humans, but impious, but Carthaginians on the other hand do sacrifice them as being holy for them and not unlawful, and some do this even to their own sons for Kronos, as perhaps you also have heard. - Plato's (who had no incentive of inciting a war with Carthage) Minos 315c.
>>
>>2135871
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitobashira

apparently a lot of other cultures practiced something similar, one was even found under a church
>>
>>2135933
>Hitobashira is no longer practiced in construction
I love how they felt the need to say that.

I've read about similar practices in Austronesia and Indochina (here http://alwestmeditates.blogspot.ie/2012/10/human-sacrifice.html, which is very relevant to the thread), which makes me think this originated in China and spread with populations originating there.
>>
Buddy wrong board. All red pill requests should be placed on /pol/
>>
>>2136001
>mementos offend me
Eat a dick

What other sacrifices were there in history?
Preferably virgins
>>
>>2135871
Child sacrifice is a disturbingly recurring theme in ancient Near East religions. There is a not-unreasonable theory that Abraham actually did sacrifice Isaac, and that the story as we received it today has been edited as "HAHA IT WAS JUST A PRANK" as Hebrew culture evolved.
>>
>>2135871
Most of the time it was reserved for criminals desu. More important people might have their servants sacrificed with them but with criminals you got the two-fer of capital punishment and divine appeasement.
>>
>>2135890
Fetus =/= Child
>>
>>2135871
So many logistical questions

Like how the fuck did they fill those things up.

Would they build each limb and the torso as separate cages, fill those cages with people, and then assemble like some kind of capital punishment voltron.

Or would they just keep shovin.
>>
File: dragondaddy.jpg (100KB, 900x1400px) Image search: [Google]
dragondaddy.jpg
100KB, 900x1400px
>>2136936
>theory

It's pretty much confirmed that the earliest versions of the story have Abraham killing Isaac, mate. All the clues remain even in the modern renditions of the Bible.
>>
>>2138252
Nice bait
>>
>>2135970
There was a precedent in China but Ive read that there was a similar practice in parts of Europe
>>
File: HowatGhosts.jpg (136KB, 500x739px) Image search: [Google]
HowatGhosts.jpg
136KB, 500x739px
>>2135890
>This
>>2138252
"Heuh heuh just because its a living organism which not only has human dna but chromosomes from 2 parents doesnt make it a human dummy!"
>>
File: Smuggy McSmug.jpg (16KB, 326x316px) Image search: [Google]
Smuggy McSmug.jpg
16KB, 326x316px
>>2138379
>Watching another fishermen catch a tuna
>>
>>2135871
There's a Hungarian ballad from the middle ages, which is about builders who are constantly failing to build a proper castle, so they agree that they'll burn one of their wives (the first one who arrives to visit) and mix her remains into the walls so they will be strong.
It is said that building sacrifices were fairly common in pre-christian Balkan and Middle Asian places, this legend is a distant echo of them.
>>
>>2138262
>earliest versions of the story have Abraham killing Isaac, mate

source please
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.