[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophycally speaking, can something sensible be said about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: the_abyss_by_alexiuss-d5im6xf.jpg (577KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the_abyss_by_alexiuss-d5im6xf.jpg
577KB, 1920x1200px
Philosophycally speaking, can something sensible be said about a world of complete nothingness?
>>
>>2135870
it was all a dream
>>
>>2135870
The only non-paradoxal answer is yes.
>>
>>2135870
No. "Nothing" as such is not a coherent concept and cannot be spoken of
>>
>>2135870

"Philosophically speaking" is a clue into the answer of the question.

You are working with something or nothing concepts. concepts that define abstract states of being or their 'possible' alternative.

In just that, they are concepts, and as they are supposed to represent process or objects in observation or understanding, between each other - and not necessarily us and the world - cant access parts of existence that are beyond our basic conceptual construct.

Logic is structural.

Paradox is the boundary at which logic meets intuitive contradiction.

But, since paradox exists, can we say that this is a flaw in the universe we perceive, or is this a flaw in us humans trying to perceive the universe.

The later seems more the case.
>>
>>2135870
Fuck, what a stupid thread. Stop trying to justify your associates in philosophy by posting such inane bullshit.
>>
>I would have you remember always that the void EXISTS, just as surely as you or I. Is nothingness any less a miracle than substance?
>>
>>2135870
no
>>
>>2135870
Nothing is something that doesn't exist. So by default, giving it a positive attribute would be weird. We can only do negative description like "the world of nothingness doesn't exist" or "the world of nothingness doesn't have colors"
>>
File: 200px-Cyrus.png (60KB, 200x420px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Cyrus.png
60KB, 200x420px
Fuck off cyrus
>>
>>2135870
>nothingness
>world
Pick 1
>>
>>2135870
How can there be a "world" of absolutely nothing?
You might as well ask if something sensible can be said of an integer between 6 and 7
>>
Is this world of nothingness you refer to, the abstract concept of nothingness, or the existential nothingness?

The concept of nothingness is that which possesses no existence. It is an absence of attributes.

In an existential sense, I think some philosphers of the past regarded life as absurd. The meaning of life is absent and it all amounts to nothing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOK8f7ZymDI
>>
This isn't a smart thread, it's a dumb thread. Stop
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.