[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The role of the ottoman "empire" was negligible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2309605704_d5c0a50a11_o.jpg (31KB, 538x344px) Image search: [Google]
2309605704_d5c0a50a11_o.jpg
31KB, 538x344px
The role of the ottoman "empire" was negligible in WW I.
thoughts?
>>
So was Britain's
WW1 was basically Germany vs France and Russia
>>
redpill me on the Ottoman Empire, what happened and why was it so successful?
>>
>>2134475
>So was Britain's
Horseshit.
>>
>>2134478
it wasnt during the last 20 years most of their soldiers became sick from eating cattle feed
>>
>>2134492
dont ask me for source i read that in a reprint of an 80 year old arabic newspaper
>>
I don't thinks so. Surely they fought badly, but without Turkey UK and Russia would have a lot more resources to fight Germany with on the main fronts. Imagine ANZAC landing in Italy, Greece or Romania to strike into soft Austrian underbelly, only this time with popper provision and local support.
>>
>>2134465
Tsar Ferdinand of Bulgaria was better than the roaches. Sadly the good guys lost and Bulgaria got cucked.
>>
Idk about that they beat off the brits quite a few times and made them sink a fair portion of resources into the Middle East instead of Europe. They played their part
>>
>>2134465
>The Ottomans didn't thinks so
Or why fight?
>The Germans didn't think so
Or why support them?
>The British didn't think so
Or why Gallipoli?
>>
>>2134478
Because they were the earliest multilevel bureaucracy outside of the far East
>>
Google "Tanzimat Reforms." Basically otto failed to modernize. It can be argued that it was coming to em long before that though.
>>
>>2134465
what was even the point of gallipoli? what would it even have actually accomplished for the war even if they won?
>>
>>2135301
...capturing Constantinople, possibly driving the Ottomans out of the war, and forcing the Bosporus open so Britain and France could supply Russia and keep them in the war?
>>
>>2134475
>>2134475
So after the French army basically bitched out and mutinied in 1917 the Germans were only facing a bunch of dummy defenses or attacks on the Western Front? The British continued to attack after all that with no support from the French
>>
>>2134475
>So was Britain's
Anglophobia on this board is ridiculous

Britain is responsible for the devastating blockade on Germany, basically held the western front in 1917, and brought in the tank.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.