[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you will never get a gud job with a history degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px)
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>tfw you will never get a gud job with a history degree

Why even live?
>>
Idk, better play video games and watch YouTube.
>>
>>2125415

I'm a technical writer for a mid size software computer and make 60k with a history degree

Maybe you're just retarded
>>
>>2125476
You work for a mid-sized computer? That must be interesting. Do you think computers make better bosses than organics?
>>
You should only get a history degree to learn more about history, surely any professor would have warned you how fucked you would be if your plans were to get a good job with one.
>>
>>2125476

in what sense does a history degree help in your job?
>>
>>2125662

none. His dad or uncle of friends dad ect hooked him up
>>
>>2125415
>what is records management or archiving
Companies will always need records managers.
>>
>>2125664
What do you need to become a records manager? Just a history degree?
>>
>he studied history for personal, professional reasons rather than enriching his life and expanding his knowledge

How plebeian.
>>
Just how difficult is it to become a historian after you acquire your degree, /his/?
>>
>PhD in Maths
>500K starting
>any job I want
>>
>>2125712
No.
File and archive management
Way less years of study for the same income.
Historians BTFO
>>
>>2125734
It's just a little bit easier than becoming a famous director after attending film school.
>>
>>2125415
what's wrong with being in education

>>2125663
It's possible he had credentials outside of his major. Liberal arts education is pretty good for that.
>>
>>2125740
I wish I was better at maths
>>
Nice meme lol, I spent 6 months excavating under sea ships in the Atlantic sea to the north west of the usa and made good money

Now I've got a grant doing research at a university
>>
>>2126866
If true that's sick. What university anon?
>>
>>2126866
north east*
>>
>>2126879
eh im not sure i want to say, i dont want to get found, its in the south east of england thats all ill say
>>
>>2125658
No, humanities profs usually argue that liberal arts students are no worse off than commerce students.
>>
>>2125415
>get history degree
>get any university degree which is 'easy' (arts)
>study TESOL
>get job teaching children English in Japan
>???
>PROFIT

Literally all you have to do is talk to Japanese.
>>
People that say things like that don't understand how the job market works, or how non-job specific degrees work.

It's all about being realistic about the job market and what you can do with a degree. Most job descriptions only require that you have a degree. That's it, they just want a piece of paper that shows you can commit yourself and do work. Any degree can fit this requirement, and most employees really don't care what you studied (seriously, English majors have surprisingly high employment statistics). For the vast majority of jobs you'll encounter, a history degree will fill the requirement and work fine.

If you're just limiting the job field to things related to history, of course the job market is going to be limited and look shitty, but that's just a problem of not being realistic about what your degree is for. As long as you get any degree and know how to market yourself, you're qualified for most entry-level jobs. You might not like them, because they're going to be normie office jobs that aren't related to history, but that doesn't mean a history degree is useless. If you can't get a good job with a history degree, you're doing something wrong.
>>
just become NEET anon
>>
Just join the military dude, that way you can use your degree...lol nah, your fucked.
>>
I am a high school history teacher. AP/IB only so I'm pretty lucky, basically like teaching college kids. Also half the boys browse the chans and are academically-minded spergs.

The paycheck is alright for the amount of effort I put in (literally just lecture about stuff I like) and the hours are pretty nice, and the kids are mostly Asian and Indian so the parents know what's up and never try to argue over grades or have the notion their kids are perfect angels like parents did when I taught regular classes.

I get weekends and lots of Holidays, get out of work at 3:30 so I'm always home for 4:20. It's p good.
>>
>>2127396
That's what I did. Enlisted with a degree but whatever.
>>
>>2125415

Industrial engineer
>>
i have a history, went into logging video randomly, and worked my way into tv news.

now im a producer in washington, dc focusing on politics and using my history knowledge everyday to impress my superiors and move up the ladder.
>>
>>2127939
Should of gone officer, SGT Monge.
>>
>>2125415
>wanting a bourgeois career
Just pull a Julius Evola and use your historical knowledge to start a cult that you can mooch off of.
>>
>>2125415
Eh, I got a job last year as a historical analyst for a bomb disposal company, was pretty comfy, not amazing but hey beggars cant be choosers.
>>
>>2128123
>historical analyst for a bomb disposal company
Wait, what?

Like someone digs up and old WWII bomb and you have to figure out what it is?
>>
I'm a research assistant. Pay isn't great but it's what I enjoy doing. Plus it sounds better when you meet girls than "I work at McDonald's"

Just work at a menial normie retail/office job until the opportunity for something vaguely history related comes along.
>>
File: 1481404933444.jpg (75KB, 570x845px) Image search: [Google]
1481404933444.jpg
75KB, 570x845px
>not getting a history minor alongside a useful degree
>>
Just make a youtube channel where you talk about retarded shit that you know nothing about, and also how the british dindu nuffin throughout history
>>
>>2128196

Not that guy, but I suspect he works with historic maps, documents and after-action reports to identify likely areas that may contain EOD.
>>
I got a master in East Asian history with a focus on Japan and one in Political Science.

I got a job in tourism. I'm basically a glorifed tourist guide for rich cunts. Thank God education is more or less free, I wasted five years of my life for this bullshit.

At least the pay is decent.
>>
>>2126899
I can vouch for this.
>>
>>2125415
My brother in-law has a history degree and he now works as a lead software developer; makes a pretty decent living. History degree seems interesting, I went STEM though. Nowadays though history degrees seem to have fallen prey to becoming bullshit Mickey Mouse degrees, I overheard some students talking about their essays on "empowering women in 17th century Russia" - there may be lots of interesting little domains to write about, but god knows what they plan to do with that after graduating. My mum also has a degree in medieval history, specifically fish ponds, and had the rude awakening upon leaving Uni that sadly, no-one cares. Unless it's about inventions, religion, war or economics, you're basically fucked.
>>
>>2125740
>PhD in maths
>go insane
>>
>>2125718
This. It's like i'm not surrounded by the children of wealthy people who have the financial security available to improve themselves.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.