[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TIL about how the idea of stereotype on race works. It'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

TIL about how the idea of stereotype on race works. It's called Stereotype Content Model (SCM) in psychological theory. It tells how we can separate stereotypes into 4 categories

>The SCM postulates that all social groups (e.g., older people, the homeless, drug addicts) fit within each of the four combinations of high and low levels of warmth and competence.[1][4] Contradicting earlier theories of stereotype content which assumed that stereotypes reflected unidimensional and uniformly negative attitudes,[5][6] the stereotype content model theorizes that stereotypes are often mixed or ambivalent: groups perceived to be high in one dimension, but low in the other (e.g., old people as rated high on warmth, but low on competence).[1] The groups within each of the four combinations of high and low levels of warmth and competence elicit distinct emotions:[1][4][7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype_content_model
>>
>>2123918
Seems interesting.
How would we integrate it into society or make it known enough?
>>
>Asians
>Feminists
>high status
>>
>>2123918
>Feminists
>Envious
Some """science""" you have there
>>
File: 6so84tgl.jpg (32KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
6so84tgl.jpg
32KB, 640x481px
>>2123933
probably by understanding these stereotype works, we can set a target on how to improve a certain group traits and make them less threatening. Like improving eg. immigrants stereotypes of warmth on them. Which in long term could increase integration or something similar.

>>2123937
yeah that feminist part makes me wonder too. But I think it's the idea of strong woman makes them seen as a threat by some
>>
>>2123937
>>2123950
By "high status" they mean powerful, not respectable.
>>
>>2123954
They're powerful, but not respectable because they always tried to over enforce the idea of feminist too much in short time that makes them hated. I think the idea that one group is powerful in a really short time makes it seen as distrust
>>
>>2123918
>TIL
>>>/reddit/
>>
This thread makes me wonder why I bother with this board, I might as well just go on reddit and play with my dragon dildo
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.