[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If romans couldn't carry weapons, then what was Caesar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4705.jpg (165KB, 944x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4705.jpg
165KB, 944x607px
If romans couldn't carry weapons, then what was Caesar murdered with?
>>
Cutting remarks
>>
>>2122439
You honestly think no one in the city had a knife?
>>
>>2122439
Romans tended to ignore the law quite a lot Anon.

400 years after paganism was outlawed people were still ignoring the law.
>>
File: delusion.jpg (264KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
delusion.jpg
264KB, 640x427px
Works just as good today as it did back then...
>>
>>2122439

>Pompey's Theatre, where Julius Caesar was murdered, was outside the pomerium and included a chamber where the Senate could meet allowing the attendance of any senators who were forbidden to cross the pomerium and thus would not have been able to meet in the Curia Hostilia.
>>
>>2122439
concealed fully automatic tactical assault gladii
>>
File: Gonna need to see your ID.jpg (4MB, 3314x2691px) Image search: [Google]
Gonna need to see your ID.jpg
4MB, 3314x2691px
>>2122712
>"Do you have a permit for that, dominus?"
>>
>>2122439
Lukewarm think-peices.
>>
Pugio, the roman soldier's dagger.

You could have weapons in the city. You couldn't bring an army into the city (and by this point, Sulla and Caesar said fuck it. So having weapons would have been free game anyways).
>>
>>2122439
Dinner Knives
Because everyone no matter what station had a knife for eating purposes
>>
Butter knife
>>
>>2122439
There were no bolize in Rome at the time
>>
>>2122857
>>You could have weapons in the city. You couldn't bring an army into the city (and by this point, Sulla and Caesar said fuck it. So having weapons would have been free game anyways).

no, swords and weapons of war were definitely not ok to carry around, mostly because it was awkward but also because of solemnities, i'm not sure it was the actual law but Romans really did prefer to avoid it.
>>
>>2123011
yeah. Swords and weapons of war. A sword, shield, or spear only has the purpose of being a weapon. A knife can certainly be made into a weapon, as can a bat, a stone, etc, but a weapon is not what a knife essentially IS. It's a tool. Even today we all have knives in our homes (kitchen knives if nothing else) and I certainly don't usually think of them as weapons, unlike a gun. Now, if somebody was running at me swinging a kitchen knife in that context I'd certainly think of it as a weapon, but if somebody asked me if I had weapons in my home I wouldn't think of my kitchen knives, pocket knives, etc.
>>
>>2122439
Simple knives and iron sticks for writing on marble plates.
>>
jet fuel?
>>
>>2122439
Murdering the dictator was illegal too, but that didn't stop them.
>>
>>2122857
No, in republican Rome weapons could not be wielded in the city. That's the significance of the axe on the lictors fasces. If a lictor had an axe head then it showed he had authority to kill. Most were forced to remove the head upon entry to the city, but lictors that were the body guards of dictators and other important people sometimes retained them. Not to say that the Romans didn't break the law but it did forbid weapons within the city.

>>2122965
Romans actually had a police corps that also functioned as a fire department and zoning body.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.