[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the meaning of "aesthetics" in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4703.jpg (20KB, 244x206px)
IMG_4703.jpg
20KB, 244x206px
What's the meaning of "aesthetics" in the philosophical sense?
>>
>>2122410
The way that a object show himself to you.
>>
File: aXm325xjU.jpg (33KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm325xjU.jpg
33KB, 650x650px
Aesthetics is a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of art, beauty, and taste, with the creation and appreciation of beauty.
>>
For example, I've heard someone on here say they like medieval monarchy more for the aesthetics than for how effective it was. What did that mean?
>>
>>2122445
Arhcitecture and fashion?
>>
>>2122445
Aesthetics is simply an aggregate word for different visual aspects of something.
>>
>>2122445
He likes style more than substance or functionality of the object in question, like apple users.
>>
>>2122445
It means he likes to see some guy with a crown in charge of the state because it is pleasant, fulfilling, beautiful, or otherwise producing an experience that is felt to be positive, and not because it is the best system to manage the aforementioned political entity.
>>
>>2122410
>aestathics
>showing a blank white sculpture
>>
File: composite-odd-new-king.jpg (259KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
composite-odd-new-king.jpg
259KB, 1200x800px
>>2122445
> monarchy
> aesthetics
>>
>>2122759
Southeastern Asian monarchy ≠ real monarchy
>>
>>2122410

Boy
Pucci
>>
File: tumblr_nuqi2zqBw71rkvmpro1_1280.jpg (539KB, 933x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuqi2zqBw71rkvmpro1_1280.jpg
539KB, 933x1400px
>>2122445
>medieval monarchy
>aesthetic

Nope, 17th century absolutism is where it's at.
>>
>>2122759
The previous guy was aesthetic as fuck though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hcBLUjFf-c
>>
>>2122759
mongol """monarchy""" is not true monarchism
>>
>In a philosophical sense
It's about making value judgement. What is good and praiseworthy? Why do we even value the arts at all? And, when we do, why is there gradations?

>In everyday usage
What is pretty.
>>
>>2122410
not gay, but I would fuck the hell out of Antinous.
>>
File: Antinous dat ass.jpg (239KB, 720x1024px)
Antinous dat ass.jpg
239KB, 720x1024px
>>2123649
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.