[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you know about the Chavin culture? Also, general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6

File: chavin head.jpg (35KB, 350x247px) Image search: [Google]
chavin head.jpg
35KB, 350x247px
What do you know about the Chavin culture?

Also, general andean culture thread.
>>
>>2117146
Only Nordics could create statues
>>
pre-inca civilization, obsessed with fangs
>>
File: excavaciones de 1955 en chavin.jpg (123KB, 960x599px) Image search: [Google]
excavaciones de 1955 en chavin.jpg
123KB, 960x599px
They did a lot more than fanged sculptures, the fanged sculptures are from the first period.

Tha's probably a separate culture, like Paracas.
>>
File: E1A976B8E.jpg (730KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
E1A976B8E.jpg
730KB, 2048x1152px
What I think is that they turned into the Incan culture, and that the 93 emperors before the Incas of Fernando de Montesinos are actually the Chavin rulers.
>>
Bumping with pictures.
>>
File: Raimondi Stela 1.jpg (140KB, 1036x777px) Image search: [Google]
Raimondi Stela 1.jpg
140KB, 1036x777px
>>2117146
>>2117287
These are Cupisnique and Moche respectively, not Chavin.

I don't know much about the Chavin, but I've read that they weren't really a civilization in the normal sense, as they lacked cities or states, but more of a cult or set of shared religious traditions, maybe analogous to what you see in Megalithic Europe.
>>
File: tirana.jpg (176KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tirana.jpg
176KB, 500x375px
>>2117461
Remember that this people had a trade route from Quito to Santiago, and the fanged mask stuff still persists to this day in many isolated areas of North Chile and Bolivia, under the name of the carnival of La Tirana, or La Diablada, that's what's left of Incan religious traditions.

fascinating stuff.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.